• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

Recypher

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/18
That 3 o’clock marker would bug me tho...the issue with 6 is ok as it’s so small, but with the bigger markers being so much of the dial I would be looking for them to be straight.

Reactions: vcappp

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Right now would be the perfect time to sync your moonphase watches to FULL MOON!

HtoZR.jpg

osiris101

12/5/18
Hi all,

Read here that they've run out of stock - only selling the RL'd watches

Anybody aware if this is true or not? I'm after the silver dial in particular.

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
It is a rep of the Q136255J boutique version. The back of the case of the gen and rep differ a lot. On the gen it says "special edition" while on the rep it does not. Beautiful watch though, either gen or rep.

cheers mate, its a real beauty.

SiegeX

Horology Curious
4/9/17
I dunno, I feel you will never get that perfect watch you are after. There will always be a flaw here or there, it is a rep after all. Even gens are not exempt from certain 'flaws'.

So it looks like I was either too slow to pull the trigger on rejecting the QC pics or my email got bounced(*) but I got a notice from Puretime that my order was shipped.

Can this watch be serviced to fix the 4 issues it has? Runs +15s/d, beat amplitude low, minute marker tweaked, spot on moon dial?

If so, what is your experience with taking a rep to a local repair shop? Should I expect a lot of pushback because it’s a rep?

(*) It’s very possible my reply to reject QC got shadow-dropped as I have outlook.com email and Microsoft was marking my Puretime emails as known spam.

sasquatch951

Supporter
Certified
28/11/18
Hi everyone. Long time lurker first time poster. I've received my QC from intime for my Master Ultra Thin Moon Rose Gold.

I'm a little disappointed with the low resolution of the images. I've asked intime to provide me with close up images of the dial and the movement.

Would it be useful/necessary to get a video of the watch? I've also noticed some QC's have images of results from Timegraphers, should I asked for this?

The watch itself looks decent to me. I worry a bit about the 12 marker and the 3 marker but this could just be the angle of the photos.

Otherwise looks good to me but as mentioned in the title this is my first rep so any advice or QCing is highly appreciated.

Images wont seem to load on here so just in case, here's the imgur album.

Thanks!

AEhFsPC.jpg
TYzRakJ.jpg
pvqUeAg.jpg

CNwgrXC.jpg
3jDQPRm.jpg
0KVk9IC.jpg

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
So it looks like I was either too slow to pull the trigger on rejecting the QC pics or my email got bounced(*) but I got a notice from Puretime that my order was shipped.

Can this watch be serviced to fix the 4 issues it has? Runs +15s/d, beat amplitude low, minute marker tweaked, spot on moon dial?

If so, what is your experience with taking a rep to a local repair shop? Should I expect a lot of pushback because it’s a rep?

(*) It’s very possible my reply to reject QC got shadow-dropped as I have outlook.com email and Microsoft was marking my Puretime emails as known spam.

I'm not an expert, but I definitely think 3/4 can be solved if not all by a service and clean of the dial. Personally, I would just send the watch to a modder on the forums that is local to you.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
b7981c73b22ae90e81dc2938b74ca4c8.jpg

Got mine back from ado today, bought this m2m and it arrived with the crown and stem bent and tube damaged :(

The usual method of soaking the crown in aluminium didn't work because they used very good stainless steel for this, but it meant I had to improvise and buy an ultra thin date and transplant the crown and stem from that into this. Now I have an ultra thin date paperweight until ZF are able to supply a replacement crown and stem, but at least I have a nice moon phase to wear. Wasn't sure if I would keep it but I've fallen in love with it again, I may even sell my datejust Franken now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: C Master

Xander22

10/7/18
b7981c73b22ae90e81dc2938b74ca4c8.jpg

Got mine back from ado today, bought this m2m and it arrived with the crown and stem bent and tube damaged :(

The usual method of soaking the crown in aluminium didn't work because they used very good stainless steel for this, but it meant I had to improvise and buy an ultra thin date and transplant the crown and stem from that into this. Now I have an ultra thin date paperweight until ZF are able to supply a replacement crown and stem, but at least I have a nice moon phase to wear. Wasn't sure if I would keep it but I've fallen in love with it again, I may even sell my datejust Franken now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great with the tan strap! Looks like I'll need to add one more strap to my collection.

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
I fell for it again guys :megusta:!

Having owned the different batches I can say that this batch is pretty similar to the first one, this time the date hand aligns perfectly with all the numbers and hands came better polished and cleaned. Also the dial is better cleaned than last time. The rotor is just slightly louder though and spins more freely. I will send this to service soon. :)
I put a ziczacleather strap that I cleaned with aceton free cleaner to remove all the shine and polished with exotic leather wax to give a high quality matte finish.

tpLEr.md.jpg

tpXYI.md.jpg

Reactions: antiom85 and RobSe1

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
I fell for it again guys :megusta:!

Having owned the different batches I can say that this batch is pretty similar to the first one, this time the date hand aligns perfectly with all the numbers and hands came better polished and cleaned. Also the dial is better cleaned than last time. The rotor is just slightly louder though and spins more freely. I will send this to service soon. :)
I put a ziczacleather strap that I cleaned with aceton free cleaner to remove all the shine and polished with exotic leather wax to give a high quality matte finish.

tpLEr.md.jpg

tpXYI.md.jpg

Wow, i'm planning to order one as soon as the new years holidays will end. Can you give some suggestions on what to verify before accepting the QC? I would like to buy the rosegold/black-brown dial (i think it's the special boutique edition you were showing some post ago right?) but this black version is also very fashinating. Which one do you suggest?

I can see you have curved pins between lugs, it's a mod of yours?

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Wow, i'm planning to order one as soon as the new years holidays will end. Can you give some suggestions on what to verify before accepting the QC? I would like to buy the rosegold/black-brown dial (i think it's the special boutique edition you were showing some post ago right?) but this black version is also very fashinating. Which one do you suggest?

I can see you have curved pins between lugs, it's a mod of yours?

That rose gold one was not mine. It's hard to decide which one is better but I can give you some infos. Talking about AR coating I think the white dial is the best because it has colourless AR for what I've seen. The black dials have turquoise AR while on the gen is more dark blue. Talking about readability the black dial has more contrast and it is easier to read even at night, plus the gold moon is sexy af and really pops since it's the only coloured thing in the dial. In my opinion the black dial is also more versatile and slightly sportier if you use a matte black leather strap (many users will disagree about this).

The rose gold is obviously the most good-looking, black and gold contrast is a timeless elegance, but it is also the one with the biggest tells and flaws, such as the lack of the Boutique Edition print on the back, and since it's gold plated, its weight.

If you are planning to use it everyday or often buy a Stainless steel model, if you want a dress watch to use only on special occasions or once a month buy the RG.

During QC verification check the markers if are crooked (that's pretty possible), if the screws on the back are damaged (mine came with some and I had to buy replacement screws which are hard to find), check if the date hand aligns with the numbers and if the printing is accurate.

A problem that I had was that the moon that was hidden under the subdial was heavily scratched and this was not visible during QC, fortunately my TD told me about it and I had the moon replaced.

Hope this helps

Recypher

30/6/18
Did you get rep screws or fine some gen ones?

Mine me are a bit damaged so would like to replace them if possible

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Did you get rep screws or fine some gen ones?

Mine me are a bit damaged so would like to replace them if possible

rep ones, I couldn't find gen ones, I went to a watchsmith furniture and I found some that fit but the head was slightly bigger. They held the caseback in place but the head protuded a bit.

Last edited:

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
A little update:
I noticed that the power reserve of my watch was not good enough, it was stopping and the manual wind was not working, so I gave it to my watchsmith and he did a service. He put it on the autowinder and the watch was winding properly and he told me that the found the reversing wheel not properly oiled. Now the watch is working perfectly and it didn't lost a second in 12 hours. I will do an update in the future about the power reserve after service, last watch was 38 hours.
I took some new HQ pics for you to enjoy.
t4INT.jpg

t4yDe.jpg

Last edited: