• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

stu00a

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/12/10
USA
they are all in stock, hurry up because I guess there are only few as usual due to raids.

I was going to grab black dial SS from Ryan (InTime) when I approved the QC for silver dial, he said they were out of stock already.

Thanks

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
d9f2dc9e28d46a5f969c0a2bfec60f17.jpg

With the SIHH 2019 only a month away, brands are pre-releasing selected models to whet our appetite. Among them is Jaeger-LeCoultre, which has unveiled a superb new version of one of its classics. Meet the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra-Thin Moon Enamel, a showcase for the artistic crafts of the Grande Maison.
34dd601686e50eff504630eaeba1d9a9.jpg

It features a hand guilloché sunray pattern with straight lines traced from the centre of the dial. A blue, translucent enamel layer is then applied on its surface to bestow an intense depth and lustre to the engraved motif.
3a455c3009f341ec59d8d67b33844f3f.jpg

The dial is manufactured in-house and is a testament to the mastery Jaeger-LeCoultre has achieved in traditional crafts (or métiers rares).
bc95fefb92050a51ee6d62c10d6a824d.jpg

It is made of several parts that are then assembled together and welded to create the final dial. Naturally, this adds complexity as the counter or mainplate of the dial are independently decorated with hand-guilloché and their motifs have to match each other perfectly. The outer part framing the dial is made separately too.
19d8e289e9cbf5387b91df9f6d5db2d6.jpg

The date ring framing the moon phase indication is delicately engraved. The applied hour markers (another meticulous manufacturing step) are slightly thinner and more elongated than for the regular Jaeger-LeCoultre Master models.
bfb7b5300d8446d838587e2203ab08e5.jpg

The white gold case is 39mm in diameter and a tad thicker than the standard Master Ultra-Thin Moon (10.04mm versus 9.9mm, mainly due to the new dial). It houses an updated movement, the Jaeger-LeCoultre calibre 925/2. Operating at 28,800 vibrations per hour, this automatic movement offers a 70-hour power reserve – a great improvement compared to the previous calibre 925/1 found in other Master Ultra-Thin Moon watches, which offered 43 hours of power reserve.
aa422725a821c89c9f1fa6324c7523c4.jpg

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS – JAEGER-LECOULTRE MASTER ULTRA-THIN MOON ENAMEL
Case: 39mm diameter x 10.04mm height - 18k white gold case, polished - sapphire crystal front and back - 50m water-resistant
Dial: guilloché pattern on metallic base, translucent blue enamel - engraved date track, polished moon
Movement: Jaeger-LeCoultre Caliber 925, in-house - automatic with central rotor - 70h power reserve - 4Hz frequency - 30 jewels - hours, minutes, seconds on the central axis, date and moon at 6 o'clock
Strap: blue alligator strap on white gold pin buckle
Reference: Q13635E1
Limited to 100 pieces
3a8918df505cb064d5e209104128aedb.jpg

c67234c9304396998007d0665e746214.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
WOW!
but no way ZF will be able to make an accurate date wheel.

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Sorry to disappoint you guys, but I don't like this model that much. IMHO the power of ultra thin moon stays in his minimalism. I prefer the shorter triangle markers compared to these ones and also the date wheel I prefer it thinner and not engraved. The only thing I love about it are the smaller and numerous stars near the moon that gives more depth to the gorgeous dial.

Reactions: ssouthall6

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
Might be an unpopular opinion...a week in with this watch...not sure I like how thin/light it feels!! Used to heavy and big watches ever since my Gshock days ! It’s so beautiful to look at. Anyone else been in my very unique boat and if so, does a better strap reduce the light feeling? I know it’s a slim dinner dress type watch than a sports/diver watch which I’m used to but just wanted to know your faults. Also, the DW slightly misaligned but hopefully Adrian can fix this for me along with the noisy rotor.

I am somewhat in the same boat. I wouldn't say I don't like how thin or light it feels, but certainly it is way thinner and smaller than expected. My other watches aren't exceptionally large or chunky either, just that this watch is perhaps a bit too elegant, too thin for everyday wear. I also don't quite understand comments about the crap leather strap- sure it ain't the best, but I don't believe it's necessarily bad enough to warrant an immediate replacement, or have I been fortunate enough to receive a rather good strap? Anyway, I've got one on order from Ziczac, and I'll post further comparisons once I receive it.

Mr.Paneristi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/18
I am somewhat in the same boat. I wouldn't say I don't like how thin or light it feels, but certainly it is way thinner and smaller than expected. My other watches aren't exceptionally large or chunky either, just that this watch is perhaps a bit too elegant, too thin for everyday wear. I also don't quite understand comments about the crap leather strap- sure it ain't the best, but I don't believe it's necessarily bad enough to warrant an immediate replacement, or have I been fortunate enough to receive a rather good strap? Anyway, I've got one on order from Ziczac, and I'll post further comparisons once I receive it.

The MUT is a dress watch, not designed for everyday use. Customarily, a dress watch should be a simple dial, thin case to slide extremely easy under your cuffs, and on a alligator strap.
The ZF leather strap is straight out dog shit, which looks plastic-like, and destroys any elegants the case has.

Reactions: vcappp

Balboni

12/1/10
Any stock issues in obtaining a piece? It has been two weeks since I ordered mine from a TD but no word since.

douwe164

Horology Curious
7/3/18
So I just contacted intime to ask whether the jlc with silver dial and black strap was in stock. They said it was. However I do not know if I should go through with it since a lot of people in this post say that those are just models that have already been RL'ed. What do you guys think?

Pogostik

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/18
So I just contacted intime to ask whether the jlc with silver dial and black strap was in stock. They said it was. However I do not know if I should go through with it since a lot of people in this post say that those are just models that have already been RL'ed. What do you guys think?

I heard ZF factory is on temporary shut down.

spogi

Horology Curious
11/9/18
The MUT is a dress watch, not designed for everyday use. Customarily, a dress watch should be a simple dial, thin case to slide extremely easy under your cuffs, and on a alligator strap.
The ZF leather strap is straight out dog shit, which looks plastic-like, and destroys any elegants the case has.
I dunno about that. I went to a jlc ad in dubai and tried the authentic one. No difference in feel with the strap or the watch. The only difference is the moonphase where the outline of the stars and moon are engraved. That's the only tell. Not the strap. Not anything else.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

spogi

Horology Curious
11/9/18
WOW!
but no way ZF will be able to make an accurate date wheel.
Exactly why i think jlc released this one. Bcoz zf made their moonphase almost NWBIG

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
With the SIHH 2019 only a month away, brands are pre-releasing selected models to whet our appetite. Among them is Jaeger-LeCoultre, which has unveiled a superb new version of one of its classics. Meet the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra-Thin Moon Enamel, a showcase for the artistic crafts of the Grande Maison.

It features a hand guilloché sunray pattern with straight lines traced from the centre of the dial. A blue, translucent enamel layer is then applied on its surface to bestow an intense depth and lustre to the engraved motif.

The dial is manufactured in-house and is a testament to the mastery Jaeger-LeCoultre has achieved in traditional crafts (or métiers rares).

It is made of several parts that are then assembled together and welded to create the final dial. Naturally, this adds complexity as the counter or mainplate of the dial are independently decorated with hand-guilloché and their motifs have to match each other perfectly. The outer part framing the dial is made separately too.

The date ring framing the moon phase indication is delicately engraved. The applied hour markers (another meticulous manufacturing step) are slightly thinner and more elongated than for the regular Jaeger-LeCoultre Master models.

The white gold case is 39mm in diameter and a tad thicker than the standard Master Ultra-Thin Moon (10.04mm versus 9.9mm, mainly due to the new dial). It houses an updated movement, the Jaeger-LeCoultre calibre 925/2. Operating at 28,800 vibrations per hour, this automatic movement offers a 70-hour power reserve – a great improvement compared to the previous calibre 925/1 found in other Master Ultra-Thin Moon watches, which offered 43 hours of power reserve.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS – JAEGER-LECOULTRE MASTER ULTRA-THIN MOON ENAMEL
Case: 39mm diameter x 10.04mm height - 18k white gold case, polished - sapphire crystal front and back - 50m water-resistant
Dial: guilloché pattern on metallic base, translucent blue enamel - engraved date track, polished moon
Movement: Jaeger-LeCoultre Caliber 925, in-house - automatic with central rotor - 70h power reserve - 4Hz frequency - 30 jewels - hours, minutes, seconds on the central axis, date and moon at 6 o'clock
Strap: blue alligator strap on white gold pin buckle
Reference: Q13635E1
Limited to 100 pieces

Beautiful piece. I will have to pop into my local AD after the SIHH to view it

jobroseph

Horology Curious
10/12/17
It's out of stock at the moment afaik. Contacted Chazingtime in Nov and placed order on 26th Nov.. Ken mentioned that there is stock but once order placed then QC didn't even come after a month.

24th Dec - asked Ken for QC pics but no reply
31st Dec - asked Ken for updates if there is stock anytime soon and I got a refund instead

I'll just wait for the next batch to be ready.. really wanted this watch for the new year :(

Reactions: JLCgeo

xfce_ub367

Looking Around
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/3/15
Do we know when is the next batch? I ordered mine to Puretime mid Dec. But no news yet.