• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Can you please post a picture?

491faf98bf5396daac194cd24d3de2e9.jpg

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
That is the first time I see a misaligned hour hand, I didn't even know it could be done...

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
That is the first time I see a misaligned hour hand, I didn't even know it could be done...

It can happen with any watch. It’s easy to fix, but I’ll take it to someone because I don’t want to risk scratching the dial or hands

Reactions: csthe

Spitfyre

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/5/13
Would it be fine if I used a non-curved end strap for this when e springbars are curved?

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Lobster2010

Supporter
Certified
4/9/10
Would it be fine if I used a non-curved end strap for this when e springbars are curved?

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

There may be a fit issue but it can work. Better yet, just buy straight ones off the bay for a few pennies

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Might be an unpopular opinion...a week in with this watch...not sure I like how thin/light it feels!! Used to heavy and big watches ever since my Gshock days ! It’s so beautiful to look at. Anyone else been in my very unique boat and if so, does a better strap reduce the light feeling? I know it’s a slim dinner dress type watch than a sports/diver watch which I’m used to but just wanted to know your faults. Also, the DW slightly misaligned but hopefully Adrian can fix this for me along with the noisy rotor.

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Might be an unpopular opinion...a week in with this watch...not sure I like how thin/light it feels!! Used to heavy and big watches ever since my Gshock days ! It’s so beautiful to look at. Anyone else been in my very unique boat and if so, does a better strap reduce the light feeling? I know it’s a slim dinner dress type watch than a sports/diver watch which I’m used to but just wanted to know your faults. Also, the DW slightly misaligned but hopefully Adrian can fix this for me along with the noisy rotor.

If you don't want a dress watch don't buy a dress watch! No strap is going to change the weight unless you go with a heavy mesh one, which IMO is wrong for this watch. Get a decent Alligator strap it will feel and look better than the cheap plastic rep strap.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18

That's your problem right there --- you have to change the strap! That strap that comes with the watch is the cheapest strap I have had the displeasure of wearing, and it's very light. A good quality leather strap gives it the "luxury" feeling associated with this dress watch.

Regarding the rotor, it appears you got stuck with a crappy one. Mine is pretty good, which I can't say about the other Miyota movements I've worked with.

Reactions: androme

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
If you don't want a dress watch don't buy a dress watch! No strap is going to change the weight unless you go with a heavy mesh one, which IMO is wrong for this watch. Get a decent Alligator strap it will feel and look better than the cheap plastic rep strap.

Um. Your first sentence applies if you already have worn one before which I never have, was my first experience so...anyway, thank you, I’ll have a look tomorrow for a good alligator strap.

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
That's your problem right there --- you have to change the strap! That strap that comes with the watch is the cheapest strap I have had the displeasure of wearing, and it's very light. A good quality leather strap gives it the "luxury" feeling associated with this dress watch.

Regarding the rotor, it appears you got stuck with a crappy one. Mine is pretty good, which I can't say about the other Miyota movements I've worked with.

Thank you! I knew about the strap but was really surprised how bad it is lol despite having read about it. I think that’s why I’m missing, so gonna look tomo for one.

Lucky :) might just open it up myself and put some oil on

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Um. Your first sentence applies if you already have worn one before which I never have, was my first experience so...anyway, thank you, I’ll have a look tomorrow for a good alligator strap.

It weighs the same/similar and the case thickness is as gen so no issue there.
Peterwatch acc, Jacob straps both for high quality alligator straps. 190 - 250$. OEM (Camille Fournet at about $400).
You can try ziczac or Cellni on etsy for vietnamese alligator custom at a third of the price of the top two still pretty decent.

Reactions: vcappp and androme

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
It weighs the same/similar and the case thickness is as gen so no issue there.
Peterwatch acc, Jacob straps both for high quality alligator straps. 190 - 250$. OEM (Camille Fournet at about $400).
You can try ziczac or Cellni on etsy for vietnamese alligator custom at a third of the price of the top two still pretty decent.

Amazing, thank you!:)

ssouthall6

10/10/13
If anyone has a broken one of these I'll take it for parts, still struggling to get a crown and stem :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qlox

Horology Curious
3/11/18

Hey there, Androme,

actually I am looking for one - would you be interested to sell ?

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Hey there, Androme,

actually I am looking for one - would you be interested to sell ?

I’ve had a few people already PM me prior so if I do sell in a week’s time, they’ll be first. Thanks though.