• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
So you think this is acceptable? I should GL?

The problem is the TDs are not thinking flaws when they post the QCs. This is a very shiny watch and reflects light like crazy. It is hard to tell anything from QCs unless the angles are spot on.

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
I mean, it's a $400 watch rep. Watches under $100 have more consistent alignment. It's odd that the finishing is so spot on and then the alignment is botched.

Reactions: mosquitos tweeter

frosterosen

10/7/17
Hi,

I would like to get some help/advice here. Received the JLC Master Ultra from TD but unfortunately there is issue with the movement. It is running faster at least 4-6hours/day...YES, HOURS not second. I'm thinking sending back to TDs but just want explore whether this issue can be quick fix.

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
4-6 hours off sounds magnetized. You can buy a cheap de-magnetizer or .take it to a local watch smith.

Dbcooop61

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/10/18
To the guy giving me a hard time over being too picky, you missed the botched logo

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
To the guy giving me a hard time over being too picky, you missed the botched logo

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq/136582-a-little-on-qc-pics

Please read the above.

I see Bassy2000 asked you what you think is wrong with the 9 and 3 alignment and you did not have the courtesy of answering him you were too engaged with being a smart arse with me. I could go on about this but I will not take up this thread with my rantings. Bear in mind I listen to TDs complaining about the amount of rejections.

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
Reviewing my dial again, it seems the whole dial is rotated a few degrees relative to the case. Is the dial screwed onto the movement so it can be rotated or is the dial clipped to the movement such that the whole movement would need to be rotated (straining the stem)? My caseback screws come out easy enough but I'm not sure what screws on the back of the movement are holding it in the case.

Xander22

10/7/18
Noticed something recently. Not sure if it's normal with automatic watches. After taking the watch off the winder or after manually winding the watch, I notice the rotor does not spin when I turn the watch clockwise. Does this mean that the watch is fully wound thus preventing the rotor from winding the watch further?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Noticed something recently. Not sure if it's normal with automatic watches. After taking the watch off the winder or after manually winding the watch, I notice the rotor does not spin when I turn the watch clockwise. Does this mean that the watch is fully wound thus preventing the rotor from winding the watch further?

The rotor never spins on automatics while manually winding them. Anyway try to avoid manual winding an automatic unless it's strictly necessarly, they wear and break faster and lose accuracy. Winders are usually made for this purpose, to have it always winded without using the manual way. Source: my local watchsmith.

I wear mine all day and when I leave it at night it's still working the day after and when it stops I don't start it manually but I just spin the rotor few times and I wear it.

Reactions: Taz71

Xander22

10/7/18
The rotor never spins on automatics while manually winding them. Anyway try to avoid manual winding an automatic unless it's strictly necessarly, they wear and break faster and lose accuracy. Winders are usually made for this purpose, to have it always winded without using the manual way. Source: my local watchsmith.

I wear mine all day and when I leave it at night it's still working the day after and when it stops I don't start it manually but I just spin the rotor few times and I wear it.
Thanks for the tip. Will avoid manual winding as much as possible.

What I meant was that the rotor does not spin when it's fully wound. I turn my watch clockwise to see the rotor turn but it does not. However when the watch is not fully wound, the rotor spins as I turn my watch.

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Thanks for the tip. Will avoid manual winding as much as possible.

What I meant was that the rotor does not spin when it's fully wound. I turn my watch clockwise to see the rotor turn but it does not. However when the watch is not fully wound, the rotor spins as I turn my watch.

I don't think that's normal., usually the mainspring on an automatic watch has a slipping bridle on the end of it in order to prevent the rotor from overwinding it.

braveanthony

14/8/18
Can anyone direct me to places where I can get similar straps like what Xander posted a few pages ago? Thanks in advance.

erudite

8/11/18
Hey guys, apologies for my lack of knowledge (this will be my first rep). I have been quoted $378 + $30 for shipping to the UK + conversion fees (they accept transferwise and said transferwise will charge a fee).

Is this a flat rate for the watch or do any other TD's offer a better price? Again I am sorry for the noob question, just trying to get to grips with it.

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
Hey guys, apologies for my lack of knowledge (this will be my first rep). I have been quoted $378 + $30 for shipping to the UK + conversion fees (they accept transferwise and said transferwise will charge a fee).

Is this a flat rate for the watch or do any other TD's offer a better price? Again I am sorry for the noob question, just trying to get to grips with it.

Hey. Most TD's charge the same. However since you are in the UK, it maybe worth contacting Sead, as he may have stock in EU. This could save you a small amount

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
I just joined the club! I received my black dial. This is definitely one of my favorite reps now. Also I switched the old strap for a new black croc strap. Thanks VIV54 for giving order info together with wrist circumference. That was helpful!

Reactions: csthe and VIV54