• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

jamingui

Known Member
24/8/16
I received mine. I love it!

IMG-E4734.jpg

Reactions: rypho1

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Since nobody answered I do it by myself, lol.
I'm sharing with you a little story of these recent days of mine.

I've been looking around to find replacement screws (not because I lost them but because I was curious if I could source them) and they are hard to find, not because of the thread size which is 0,8mm but because the head is really small.
I've gone to a watchsmith furniture store and after 10 minutes of trying every kind of screw they could only fit one that didn't go fully inside the hole but sit slightly higher. The estetical factor is the same and you could not tell by eye that it has a different screw but if you pass your finger on it you could feel the head sit higher. That's all I could find at the moment.
So guys be careful with your screws, don't tighten them too much, be gentle with your screwdriver and keep them in a safe place when unscrewed. ;)

After this, I went to my watchsmith because while testing the power reserve I left it in a drawer near the battery of my laptop (didn't know they could magnetize watches) and it started running several minutes fast, at first I was not thinking that it got magnetized and I tried to regulate it, but still after the demagnetizing process it run fast. So i brought it to my watchsmith for a check and he did a service to the watch, especially the balance wheel, the hairspring the blue screws and the jewels. He found out that the movement was oiled TOO MUCH. It surprised me, normally the reps movements are known to be almost not oiled at all while this was "overoiled". He said that the oil caused two hairspring spirals to touch and he also cleaned all the regulator arm. He also found a small hair under a screw, which he said "This shouldn't be here" lol.
Since he is an old guy, a true old manner watchsmith he regulated it by eye, no timegraphers, no electronics, and now it's running COSC level, lol.
He also commented that I use to wind it often and completely by manual winding (I don't know how he could figure that out) and that this sometimes affects the precision of the watch. I don't know if that's completely true, but I trust him.

By the way today is full moon, a perfect moment to regulate your moonphase. ;)

Try Mr Timezone or Toro, both were able to source me spare parts for this watch.

Xander22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/18
Got them both custom made locally.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Hooopen

Patron
Certified
7/10/18
Europe
Wow, those straps looks really nice Xander. Can you confirm that the one that comes with the rep is trash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Wow, those straps looks really nice Xander. Can you confirm that the one that comes with the rep is trash?

The one that comes with the rep is pure thin plastic in my opinion.

Reactions: BlackJaguar

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Does anybody know what are the exact specs of the crystal? Diameter and thickness? The only thing I know it's that it's slighlty domed.

Xander22

10/7/18
Confirmed. It's so bad I gave it to my strap maker to keep for reference.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
How can I fix the 12 o'clock indices on this?

kO5VI.md.jpg

I'm fed up with poor quality QC pics - and I know it's on me to ultimately make the decision - but seriously, there really should be better effort on the part of TDs so I don't have to ask for set after set after set because the QC personnel can't take straight on, high-quality pics. And after multiple rounds, each one taking 24-48 hours to deliver, this is the best lit I got on the watch. I'm tempted to reject any item that doesn't have clear, straight, high-resolution pics going forward.

QC:

Hooopen

Patron
Certified
7/10/18
Europe
Agreed. Worst straps ever for a rep. Pure garbage.

Okay, cheers. I’ll source a local strapmaker before putting in an order for this one. Is it possible to use a gen strap on this rep?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland

kO5VI.md.jpg

I'm fed up with poor quality QC pics - and I know it's on me to ultimately make the decision - but seriously, there really should be better effort on the part of TDs so I don't have to ask for set after set after set because the QC personnel can't take straight on, high-quality pics. And after multiple rounds, each one taking 24-48 hours to deliver, this is the best lit I got on the watch. I'm tempted to reject any item that doesn't have clear, straight, high-resolution pics going forward.

QC:

QC Pics were never supposed to be used for spotting flaws unless they were really blatant. They were introduced by the dealers as some people had got the wrong watch in error. They have become something else now and lead to loads of rejections hence driving up the prices from TDs.

Reactions: Mr Gatsby

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17

Mate that flaw is so small that nobody will ever notice. I have it too and it doesn't disturb me. Remember that in the end it's still a rep. Just wear it and enjoy it,
If you want that quality in QC pics then go for the gen.

Dbcooop61

17/10/18

Can I please get some QC help?

The 9 and 3 seem off. This is my second watch, the first was rejected for messed up 12 markers

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
QC’s are tough to read on this watch. It can change appearance based on the angle of the picture.
Good luck with it. It’s a nice piece.