• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
This watch is hard to capture the shine of all the stand out features in one shot... markers,moon/stars , dial sun burst, hands and case shine as the light hits them all at diferent angles and you get some shining while other parts go shade.

But its repped so well... and i like that different parts shine when rotating the wrist. Same can be said about moon...saw some comments that it looks flat and gen looks more 3d but thats just the light. caught some shots with some of the moon in shade and gives it that 3d look!

This is a very well done rep.. best i own id say..and with gen strap looks every bit gen :) People who dont have it, definitely stick it on the buy list

45264589472_e6b3bd9e03_c.jpg

45264589372_b9e99c38a6_c.jpg

These pics are the demonstration that there is no lack of 3d effect on the moon, it's just a matter of light. Thanks mate

Reactions: kombazz and rypho1

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Guys after 3 months and a half, tomorrow I believe i will receive my watch. I'm sure I'm the one here who waited the most for this timepiece. I hope to send you soon a lot of pics. :crazy:

Mate i will drink a Beer for you when your watch arrives. Did you receive it?

Reactions: VIV54

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Mate i will drink a Beer for you when your watch arrives. Did you receive it?
Hahah seriously mate, it was like a pregnancy lol. Cheers :drinks_cheers:

I finally received it and I'm leaving my short review for those who are still interested in this timepiece.

I've always been a huge fan of dress watches and JLC brand, my first rep ever was a JLC date just because there was not a fully working moonphase rep yet. When ZF announced this watch I've immediately started looking forward to it, as you can see by my early posts in this thread.
I had many problems with my orders but now after 97 days since the payment I've finally received it.

Let's start the review, as soon as I opened the box the watch was packed into some protection paper and there was no plastic box or a small plastic bag but nonetheless it was nicely covered and protected so it came with no scratches from the factory.
The feeling I got immediately was that it looked much smaller than what I was thinking, maybe that's because I've recently got used to wear a 44mm PAM111, so all the flaws that I got paranoic watching on macro pics just disappeared with the naked eye.
It is really lightweight but still solid build.
I winded the crown and started checking if all the buttons worked correctly. I then set the date and the moonphase and then the time. All worked flawless with no problems.

The watch was running really fast, it gained 4 seconds in 1 hour but I managed to regulate it to +10/12s and now it has only gained 2 secs in 5hours. I used a 1mm screwdriver.

The dial: it is amazing, really subtle sunburst and it shines like heaven, the moon subdial colour is per gen, too and I don't see any flaws at all except for the hand aligning just slight right on some dots, but that's almost invisible to the naked eye. The numbers are really small and I do believe that the black dial has more readability than the silver one. Markers are great too. The hands create a good reflection/shadow game and to my eye the dimesions are per gen. 10/10

The movement: The second hand sweeps smoothly. I've read a lot of comments talking about the noisy rotor. Honestly it's NOT noisy at all. I had a JLC replica with a miyota 9015 and it was MUCH MUCH louder, for example I could hear it while switching the gear driving. This watch is absolutely silent and the rotor spins nicely and you can hear a pleasing rattle sound while winding. The moonphase works perfectly. 9/10

The case: The case it's nicely polished and it's 1:1 with the gen, also the printings on the back are nicely made. The lugs are perfectly curved and the crown logo is ok. 10/10

The crystal: The sapphire crystal had a really strong turquoise hue, almost disturbing to my eye. Strong direct light gets turquoise reflected while rays that hit the crystal with more angle get reflected with a blue/purple hue. This effect is called scattering Rayleigh and it's the same reason why our atmoshphere is blue, but gets yellow orange when the sun is on the horizon. I don't know what kind of AR colour has the gen but the TDs sell this as Green AR while it's turquoise-cyan-blue. 8/10

The strap: Absolutely plasting feeling leather and not good quality at all. The alligator printing is not bad at all but it's pretty useless. Swapping strap is suggested 3/10

The clasp: I didn't get a good feeling while seeing the clasp, at first I had the feeling it was not even made with steel but then I realized it was only my impression. It's really thin and lightweight but it closes nicely and I don't feel it's going to open accidentally. The JL logo is nice too. 6/10

In the end my overall is 8/10 that can be 9/10 if you switch the strap. In my opinion it's by far the best JLC rep in the market at the moment and a must-have for all the dress watch lovers.

Today I've tried to take some pics fastly, will take more in the coming days.
RHH93.jpg

RHd38.jpg

RHXEb.jpg

Thanks a lot for your time.:bb:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland

I finally received it and I'm leaving my short review for those who are still interested in this timepiece.

Congrats, I am glad you feel it was worth the wait. Thank you for the great review, I am now tempted to get the black dial too but I must be strong lol. I do not love the clasp myself. The strap pin holder sometimes pops open when I am about to put it on, which is a pain but thankfully only happens occasionally.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Congrats, I am glad you feel it was worth the wait. Thank you for the great review, I am now tempted to get the black dial too but I must be strong lol. I do not love the clasp myself. The strap pin holder sometimes pops open when I am about to put it on, which is a pain but thankfully only happens occasionally.

Is the black dial even in stock now? it seems like out of stock constantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18

I've always been a huge fan of dress watches and JLC brand, my first rep ever was a JLC date just because there was not a fully working moonphase rep yet. When ZF announced this watch I've immediately started looking forward to it, as you can see by my early posts in this thread.
I had many problems with my orders but now after 97 days since the payment I've finally received it.

Let's start the review, as soon as I opened the box the watch was packed into some protection paper and there was no plastic box or a small plastic bag but nonetheless it was nicely covered and protected so it came with no scratches from the factory.
The feeling I got immediately was that it looked much smaller than what I was thinking, maybe that's because I've recently got used to wear a 44mm PAM111, so all the flaws that I got paranoic watching on macro pics just disappeared with the naked eye.
I winded the crown and started checking if all the buttons worked correctly. I then set the date and the moonphase and then the time. All worked flawless with no problems.

The watch was running really fast, it gained 4 seconds in 1 hour but I managed to regulate it to +10/12s and now it has only gained 2 secs in 5hours. I used a 1mm screwdriver.

The dial: it is amazing, really subtle sunburst and it shines like heaven, the moon subdial colour is per gen, too and I don't see any flaws at all except for the hand aligning just slight right on some dots, but that's almost invisible to the naked eye. The numbers are really small and I do believe that the black dial has more readability than the silver one. Markers are great too. The hands create a good reflection/shadow game and to my eye the dimesions are per gen. 10/10

The movement: The second hand sweeps smoothly. I've read a lot of comments talking about the noisy rotor. Honestly it's NOT noisy at all. I had a JLC replica with a miyota 9015 and it was MUCH MUCH louder, for example I could hear it while switching the gear driving. This watch is absolutely silent and the rotor spins nicely and you can hear a pleasing rattle sound while winding. The moonphase works perfectly. 9/10

The case: The case it's nicely polished and it's 1:1 with the gen, also the printings on the back are nicely made. The lugs are perfectly curved and the crown logo is ok. 10/10

The crystal: The sapphire crystal had a really strong turquoise hue, almost disturbing to my eye. Strong direct light gets turquoise reflected while rays that hit the crystal with more angle get reflected with a blue/purple hue. This effect is called scattering Rayleigh and it's the same reason why our atmoshphere is blue, but gets yellow orange when the sun is on the horizon. I don't know what kind of AR colour has the gen but the TDs sell this as Green AR while it's turquoise-cyan-blue. 8/10

The strap: Absolutely plasting feeling leather and not good quality at all. The alligator printing is not bad at all but it's pretty useless. Swapping strap is suggested 3/10

The clasp: I didn't get a good feeling while seeing the clasp, at first I had the feeling it was not even made with steel but then I realized it was only my impression. It's really thin and lightweight but it closes nicely and I don't feel it's going to open accidentally. The JL logo is nice too. 6/10

In the end my overall is 8/10 that can be 9/10 if you switch the strap. In my opinion it's by far the best JLC rep in the market at the moment and a must-have for all the dress watch lovers.

RHH93.jpg

RHd38.jpg

RHXEb.jpg

thanks for the good review!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17

RHH93.jpg

RHd38.jpg

RHXEb.jpg

Wohooo, this looks awesome Mate! Thx for that Review. Hahaha yes, the pain till it arrives was like a double birth ^^

Very nice watch. Enjoy it!

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Do you guys think that will be easy to find replacement parts for this movement?

whereismywatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/10/18
Just sent in my payment! My first rep and it so happens to be my dream watch so Im thrilled!! I will keep you guys posted hahah

Reactions: Nivka

joelj

31/8/11
Can't wait to see some wristys of some folks with the rose gold and slate dial!

whereismywatch

16/10/18
Reactions: vcappp