• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
So disappointed...I purchased this watch from one of our trusted dealers

They sent me QC pics and I identified some issues...what appeared to be scratches on all 4 corners and a deep gauge
They replied that it was just finger print smudges and left over blue tape. I said ok (trusting their stellar reputation) and I go ahead and ship as long as there is no damage.

I received it today and everything I identified on QC was in fact damage. Now the TD is telling me to ship it back (who's paying for shipping?.......)

They also packaged the watch very poorly in the bubble wrap and literally folded the leather band over making a crease and the wrapped it with bubble wrap and taped it. Not a huge issue since I was going to replace the strap at some point but my main issue is the damage to the casing...
Which TD?

Type-S

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/13
I'm waiting to see how they will handle it before posting who it was....

ipv6

Looking Around
3/3/12
Rotor or Balance Wheel? I still have no news for my watch :(
i will write Domi today if he has some news for me.

Rotor. I noticed it had stopped and removed it from the wrist, then I realised the rotor didn't move.

It's was actually stuck right now as well, after just being in a drawer for two days. At about six o'clock, but a light finger tap on the side freed it. It seems to spin freely after that though, so I guess it's a movement issue rather than a too thin case or something.

WittyMorning

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/7/18
If anyone has one of these they’d be willing to let go, let me know! Posted in WTB, reply there or PM me.

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
Placed order on July 4th, got QC two weeks ago for silver dial. But upon testing there were some issues with the movement and now it's out of stock for a replacement lol. I think I might just go with something else instead.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Placed order on July 4th, got QC two weeks ago for silver dial. But upon testing there were some issues with the movement and now it's out of stock for a replacement lol. I think I might just go with something else instead.

thanks for sharing the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
This is getting all more and more weird with this JLC watch....

G

I think ZF have rushed because of demand. As a result the movements and general QC has fallen below par.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
just one day ago, all the dial colors models are back in stock. but today after payment, all the dial colors models are suddenly out of stock again Am I the only one hearing this news from dealer?

G

just one day ago, all the dial colors models are back in stock. but today after payment, all the dial colors models are suddenly out of stock again Am I the only one hearing this news from dealer?

No it was the same for me.

So Ken @ ChazingTime informed me he ordered 20+ pieces of the Rose Gold / White dial. New stock got released to the TD's roughly a day or two ago. Ken only received 3 pieces from ZF (even though he ordered a lot more) 2 of those were actually faulty (movement problems). So only 1 customer got his QC. I ordered mine nearly 3 weeks ago, this chap had been waiting nearly 2 months.

I think ZF underestimated the demand for this and are now rushing to get pieces out, they can't produce them quick enough. And due to the fact they are rushing a lot of the new stock have movement and other problems. According to Ken there is a new delivery coming in 3-4 days so fingers crossed.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
No it was the same for me.

So Ken @ ChazingTime informed me he ordered 20+ pieces of the Rose Gold / White dial. New stock got released to the TD's roughly a day or two ago. Ken only received 3 pieces from ZF (even though he ordered a lot more) 2 of those were actually faulty (movement problems). So only 1 customer got his QC. I ordered mine nearly 3 weeks ago, this chap had been waiting nearly 2 months.

I think ZF underestimated the demand for this and are now rushing to get pieces out, they can't produce them quick enough. And due to the fact they are rushing a lot of the new stock have movement and other problems. According to Ken there is a new delivery coming in 3-4 days so fingers crossed.

thanks for info

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Mine it's in the testing phase by Lucy. I will keep you updated.

Black dial?

I cancelled my black dial order with her after waiting 6 weeks. Changed the order for another watch and still no QC pics.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Just wanted to post an update here - additional info on my Reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/com...identified_it/

and some pics of the damage on the watch https://imgur.com/a/Mttzazr

What bothers me the most is that he flat out lied to me during the QC stage, and instead of owning up to it now and apologizing, he's making accusations towards me.

Very sorry to hear about this issue bro. Totally unacceptable especially from a TD will follow this issue closely. I read your Reddit post, keep handling it like you have, IAW forum protocol.

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Black dial?

I cancelled my black dial order with her after waiting 6 weeks. Changed the order for another watch and still no QC pics.

Yes mate, black dial. Ordered on 28th june, received QC pics on 23 august and then was sent back to ZF to clean some dust on the dial. On 4th september I received other QC pics to see if they messed with the screws. Now it's testing it. I hope everything will be fine. This watch is seriosuly becoming a nightmare.

What i don't understand about ZF is that they rushed on the new batch. Ok. But they kept producing new models, if I'm correct after the JLC ultra thin moon they did a Batiscaphe or a Fifty Phatom, a Big Pilot and many others. So if you can't handle a single batch of a JLC how the hell you release new models?

Honestly ZF organization is pretty bad or maybe there's something about this watch that we don't know, too many problems until now.:confused:

Type-S man you only have 5 posts it's not hard to see that your TD is Fat Panda. I hope everything will be solved, I was planning to do my next purchase with him due to his QC videos.

Reactions: vcappp and mech500

Rolorin

Known Member
3/10/17
Are all versions of the new batch suffering or only certain case/dial combinations?

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
I'll get my black dial on Monday. Sucks that so many are having frustrations. But it is a great rep, well worth the money, and in my view worth picking up while they're around (since supply seems so inconsistent and who knows if they keep making them as per previous rumours).