• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
^yes possibly but I sometimes think that the factories do not tell the TDs the complete truth to protect their business interests.

So who knows what the real reason is?

It’s strange that they say the 8oclock marker is defective on black dial but no issues reported on the silver dial or by members here.

Limztf

13/10/12
^yes possibly but I sometimes think that the factories do not tell the TDs the complete truth to protect their business interests.

So who knows what the real reason is?

It’s strange that they say the 8oclock marker is defective on black dial but no issues reported on the silver dial or by members here.

I’m just guessing that the silver dial markers are easier to stick on at the production line haha!

But the dial area around that 8oclock marker looks really F-ed up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mech500

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
I was told by CT before placing order for the black dial that stocks are available. That was like 2 days ago. Now which TD is accurate?

venom21

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
16/3/16
I know exactly what you mean mate! You can also try Lucy, the Process is maybe a bit slow but you can order blind - QC are perfect! :)

who is lucy?

venom21

INMATE
16/3/16
VjLDq.md.jpg
VjXg6.md.jpg
Vj410.md.jpg

here are my QC. i dont know why but i feel like the dial is rotated.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
VjLDq.md.jpg

here are my QC. i dont know why but i feel like the dial is rotated.

I agree with that - if you hold the edge of a white card on your pic aligning the hands post and the center of the 1 o'clock marker, you bisect the point where the top right lug meets the case. Do the same with the 11 o'clock marker and it's easy to see the difference.

Some of the perspective may be due to camera angle, but it looks very close to a straight on shot. You might want to ask for more pics. Realigning the dial is a simple fix, loosen the movement screws, nudge it over, tighten down. You can only nudge it so far though without risking putting undue pressure on the stem.

Reactions: vcappp

venom21

INMATE
16/3/16
I agree with that - if you hold the edge of a white card on your pic aligning the hands post and the center of the 1 o'clock marker, you bisect the point where the top right lug meets the case. Do the same with the 11 o'clock marker and it's easy to see the difference.

Some of the perspective may be due to camera angle, but it looks very close to a straight on shot. You might want to ask for more pics. Realigning the dial is a simple fix, loosen the movement screws, nudge it over, tighten down. You can only nudge it so far though without risking putting undue pressure on the stem.

could you point me in the direction of how i could do this? ive take a seiko diver movement out before and changed dial and hands. but this im not sure of how to do. thanks for the help

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
could you point me in the direction of how i could do this? ive take a seiko diver movement out before and changed dial and hands. but this im not sure of how to do. thanks for the help

I don't have this rep yet, but the movements are generally held tight to the case with 2 case clamps and screws on opposite sides of the movement. Just loosen each screw and then gently push (rotate) the movement so the dial goes where you want it. Pay attention to what your changes are doing to the stem and don't let it sustain any pressure or bending. Tighten the screws and test the stem working OK in the new position. Adjust as necessary. Many Rolex reps have the rehaut engraving off a little, I've adjusted most of mine this way without issue.

Sample movement
Case_clamps.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: VIV54

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
So, it seems like there was a problem with 8 o’clock index marker on the black dial and ZF tried to repair the defected maker but the result is bad because some area of the surface of the black dial little broken. Then there is delay because they are now reproducing the black dials as completely new one?

Well getting a straight answer from anyone (td or factory) is impossible. But having to order a new batch of black dials will either take a long time or never happen. Meanwhile Angus told me on Tuesday 2 - 3 days more until my watch is in (which of course it isn't). I am not even sure I could order the silver one even if I wanted to switch.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

packerjames95

Known Member
6/8/17
I just ordered a black dial from toro, that looks pretty good - he said he has another 2 pieces, but I’m not sure if they’re for preorder people

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
12 o'clock marker is very crooked I'll have to reject.
My method look at two different angle shots and if its present in both shots you know it isn't just camera angle.

FYmIH4N

Limztf

13/10/12

I realized, after wearing this watch for a few days, is that the only way to really identify if the 12oclock markers are crooked is by a straight on flat face shot. This is due to the triangular shaped markers reflecting light at different angles which may give the impression that it is slanted if viewed from a different angle.

Reactions: Walker96741

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
I realized, after wearing this watch for a few days, is that the only way to really identify if the 12oclock markers are crooked is by a straight on flat face shot. This is due to the triangular shaped markers reflecting light at different angles which may give the impression that it is slanted if viewed from a different angle.

Good Call I messaged Puretime right away they may not be crooked I asked for an on the table flat head on shot to check, but this photo leads me to believe you are right and they may not be crooked.

Limztf

13/10/12
Good Call I messaged Puretime right away they may not be crooked I asked for an on the table flat head on shot to check, but this photo leads me to believe you are right and they may not be crooked.

Haha exactly Bro. After experimenting by taking a few pictures of the watch I already have, some pics really gave the slanted impression. Although yours isn’t very clear, it certainly looks better than the previous pics.