• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

Limztf

13/10/12
That is what all of us who are waiting to get a piece of this beauty, are hoping for... thank goodness for "penetrating" Toro (what ever that sounds like) and for Timnic who has gotten Andre's confirmation..

I also don't want to sound like i'm hounding Ryan's QC guy, but I've been messaging him once a week, and he is responsive enough to say stocks are indeed coming in "the next couple of days". I take that to mean working days lol

Reactions: vcappp

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
A TD never lied to me. At least the ones I contact. I always got what I paid for in the end.

TDs may not lie but sometimes I think they haven’t got a clue about what is actually going on with the factories.

End of the day TD business is small potatoes for the factories.

Sometimes I think the factories deliberately spread misinformation amongst the TDs.

For example, if the factory is planning on a new revision, I can see why they won’t tell the TDs about it because....it will impact on sales of current stocks.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
TDs may not lie but sometimes I think they haven’t got a clue about what is actually going on with the factories.

End of the day TD business is small potatoes for the factories.

Sometimes I think the factories deliberately spread misinformation amongst the TDs.

For example, if the factory is planning on a new revision, I can see why they won’t tell the TDs about it because....it will impact on sales of current stocks.

Yes, this! The problem is the Factorys are no watch enthusiasts like us, they only want to make money! No friends...

Reactions: mech500

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Yes, this! The problem is the Factorys are no watch enthusiasts like us, they only want to make money! No friends...

I have first hand personal knowledge of a factory owner in southern China who makes watch cases for the rep industry, and has for over 40 years.

He is a huge watch enthusiast and collector.

Reactions: KJ2020 and vcappp

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I have first hand personal knowledge of a factory owner in southern China who makes watch cases for the rep industry, and has for over 40 years.

He is a huge watch enthusiast and collector.

oh thats great. maybe some of them are really watch addicted - but it was more meant for the case like selling old stock and telling TD‘s there will be no new version or new version will be released in no near future, you know how i mean?

They are not our friends in making business like saying hey dude wait a month we will fix that flaw in a new batch or recycle old stock to sell the new etc.

Reactions: timnic54
G

Yeh sorry I'm not buying the whole it's being discontinued theme. I mean look at the source of the (mis)information. I swear if I had a £ for everytime he said 'X factory will be better they have gen' or 'being released soon' I would be a rich man. There's been a 5711 / Aquanaut waiting to be released for the past 2 years according to him LOL.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Andrew at Trusty has never lied to me in that way. I have asked him many times if he can get a watch and if he can't he has told me straight out , before I sent any money.
If he says stocks are arriving, it will be because he knows they are. IMHO.

Well my experience was different, last month I paid for a JLC ultra thin small seconds that they claimed was in stock when I asked. 'Andrew' and/or the people who work for 'Andrew' had to do a refund as none of the JLC watches I wanted had been in stock for a long time. I have learned that when you do stock check with many TDs they won't actually check they will just say yes its in stock.

Other TDs told me the watch was discontinued but silly me I beleived 'Andrew'. He processed the refund quickly and all I was out was $30 on currency conversion but it was quite irritating and their e-mail customer service communication is awful much like most dealers.

G

So I emailed Ken Chazingtime a few days ago. He's probably the last out of the top TD's to get the new releases on his site. Indeed, it's still not on his site but I gave him the link to Ryan's RG version and said yes he can get it. I also said is it being discontinued and he said no, it's just been released with an exclamation mark at the end.

I believe personally that there are a few members on the boards that are registered to essentially steer us into buying certain factories reps. I also believe there are a few that also state they have 'inside' information on upcoming releases, etc when in reality they simply can read a couple of public Chinese rep forums.

And of course there are a minority of members who actually have very good links with the factories, etc and have credible information. We all know who those guys are :)

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Well my experience was different, last month I paid for a JLC ultra thin small seconds that they claimed was in stock when I asked. 'Andrew' and/or the people who work for 'Andrew' had to do a refund as none of the JLC watches I wanted had been in stock for a long time. I have learned that when you do stock check with many TDs they won't actually check they will just say yes its in stock.

Other TDs told me the watch was discontinued but silly me I beleived 'Andrew'. He processed the refund quickly and all I was out was $30 on currency conversion but it was quite irritating and their e-mail customer service communication is awful much like most dealers.

When they say in stock, what they mean is it is on the factory stock list as available. TDs do not hold stock. They don't buy your watch until you have paid for it, when they do buy it they send you QC pics ASAP, and it goes to their shipping agent who will decide where to place it for onward shipping to you. Rep watches are like hot potatoes and the most potentially exposed would be a TD carrying stock. This is simply the nature of clandestine business.

Reactions: C Master and vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
So I emailed Ken Chazingtime a few days ago. He's probably the last out of the top TD's to get the new releases on his site. Indeed, it's still not on his site but I gave him the link to Ryan's RG version and said yes he can get it. I also said is it being discontinued and he said no, it's just been released with an exclamation mark at the end.

I believe personally that there are a few members on the boards that are registered to essentially steer us into buying certain factories reps. I also believe there are a few that also state they have 'inside' information on upcoming releases, etc when in reality they simply can read a couple of public Chinese rep forums.

And of course there are a minority of members who actually have very good links with the factories, etc and have credible information. We all know who those guys are :)

The discontinuation rumor is only started from just a post by an anonymous person from HKRWF who wrote just imagination/guess/speculation based on the past tendency of ZF.

is it scare tactics to increase the number of selling?????????????‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mech500
G

Of course it is! Look at the Gen market. Panerai should have an award for the amount of 'Limited Editions'.

What better way to sell a piece than to say it's only limited to 50 or that it will be discontinued after the 1st batch. It's just marketing / PR

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
When they say in stock, what they mean is it is on the factory stock list as available

I know this game, been here for many years.

The mechanics of a 'stock check' have always been ridiculous to me.
You either contact the factory and see if you can place an order or you do nothing, checking a 'list' that may not be updated is ridiculous.
But to give you further proof of how TurstyTime operates, the watches I wanted (all 3) were discontinued for over 6 months so in my case TrustyTime did absolutely nothing and just told me they were in stock.

Puretime and ToroBravos were more honest about the lack of stock.

Reactions: leo6929 and mech500

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
I know this game, been here for many years.

The mechanics of a 'stock check' have always been ridiculous to me.
You either contact the factory and see if you can place an order or you do nothing, checking a 'list' that may not be updated is ridiculous.
But to give you further proof of how TurstyTime operates, the watches I wanted (all 3) were discontinued for over 6 months so in my case TrustyTime did absolutely nothing and just told me they were in stock.

Puretime and ToroBravos were more honest about the lack of stock.

Maybe that’s why Trustytime is not a TD in this forum.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
I just ordered one - have been thinking about it for long enough I just had to order to get it off my mind :)

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Maybe that’s why Trustytime is not a TD in this forum.

I hope that is the case, I have purchased from Trustytime and they have a decent visa processor so its not all bad.
But I have say Trusty and Perfect Clones are really bad when it comes to updating their website and also on claiming things are in stock when they are not and both are not TDs. But that may have more to do with years ago when a few TDs tried to collude to charge higher prices certainly those two dealers charge more than others.

Recypher

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/18
Got mine back end of last week, had to pull the glass off to align the 6 o'clock marker but love it now....looks great.

Just need to find a brown croc strap for it now, been looking at those Camille Fournet ones but that are a bit pricy at ~$300, think I'm going to give a a few weeks, if I still love the watch after that then I will stump up for the strap upgrade.

20180727_125217_zps5yt8kkd0.jpg