• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

Salsifi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/12/20
I have both, right in front of me now. There really isn't much difference.

GF is gray dial, ZF is black.

Thanks for sharing ! I am not sure I am asking it at the right place but could you pls help me QC this one from Hont ?

Thé back side of the watch looks very odd to me tbh.

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
Guys, can someone clear this up for me? I've been looking at pics from GF & ZF & gen. Gen always looks like the silver dial has a sunburst effect while the ZF pics I see all seem to be a flat, eggshell dial. Is the ZF based on an older version from JLC, before a sunburst was introduced? Or are qc pics not catching a sunburst effect. Thanks

Salsifi

20/12/20
Beautiful watch. Wear it well!

I like my Ziczac leather strap.
IMG-20190719-135144939-2.jpg

IMG-20190703-125503431-HDR-2.jpg

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk

Which strap did you pick btw ?

I see your hour markers are are the right size… it’s not the case for my ZF :( which factory did you choose ?

Sent from the RWI App

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Guys, can someone clear this up for me? I've been looking at pics from GF & ZF & gen. Gen always looks like the silver dial has a sunburst effect while the ZF pics I see all seem to be a flat, eggshell dial. Is the ZF based on an older version from JLC, before a sunburst was introduced? Or are qc pics not catching a sunburst effect. Thanks

I had a ZF silver dial when they first came out. It can look flat because of the xtal but mine was definitely a sunburst dial.

Reactions: shel504

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Which strap did you pick btw ?

I see your hour markers are are the right size… it’s not the case for my ZF :( which factory did you choose ?

Sent from the RWI App

For the strap, I asked ZicZac to make me an ultrathin strap, with curved lugs, and told him it would be for the JLC moon phase watch. I felt confident that he knew the strap style to make as other customers have purchased from him before with the same strap request for this watch.

For the watch, I believe it was one of the early ZF reps. Purchased it in 2019.

Enjoy the watch.

Salsifi

20/12/20
For the strap, I asked ZicZac to make me an ultrathin strap, with curved lugs, and told him it would be for the JLC moon phase watch. I felt confident that he knew the strap style to make as other customers have purchased from him before with the same strap request for this watch.

Enjoy the watch.

Thanks for the info ! I thought it was nearly impossible to get an answer from Ziczac…did you send them an email ?

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20

Enjoy the watch.

Does it matter if the strap has straight or curved lugs? I was looking at a Camille Fournet for the MUT I’m ordering but it says that it is “Compatible with all types of watches with straight lugs.”

Does that mean it won’t fit on this watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Does it matter if the strap has straight or curved lugs? I was looking at a Camille Fournet for the MUT I’m ordering but it says that it is “Compatible with all types of watches with straight lugs.”

Does that mean it won’t fit on this watch?

You want curved on CF.

I'll grab you my CF order. This was perfect.

- DELIVERY AREA : EUROPEAN UNION
- MATERIAL : ALLIGATOR, SHINY, SQUARE-SCALED (024)
- COLOR : GREY (141)
- BUCKLE : NO BUCKLE
- WIDTH : 21 / 18 MM
- LENGTH : GENT XL - 130 / 90 MM
- TYPE OF FITTING AT CASE : CURVED
- TIP : OGIVE
- HOLES : ROUND HOLES
- PROFILE : ROUND
- THICKNESS : 3.0 MM
- FINISH : TONE ON TONE WAXED EDGES
- STITCHING : HAND STITCHED
- THREAD COLOR : TONE ON TONE
- LINING : CAMILLE FOURNET LUCA CALF LEATHER (252194)
- WATCH MODEL : JAEGER LE COULTRE ULTRA THIN MOON 1368420

Obviously change the Colour and size, I have very large wrists. But these are the dimensions of the strap you want.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
You want curved on CF.

I'll grab you my CF order. This was perfect.

Obviously change the Colour and size, I have very large wrists. But these are the dimensions of the strap you want.

Much appreciated. I’d like your input on more thing. Is CF really worth the money? It seems a bit absurd to spend almost the price of the watch on the strap, however I’ve heard great things so I might give it a go

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Much appreciated. I’d like your input on more thing. Is CF really worth the money? It seems a bit absurd to spend almost the price of the watch on the strap, however I’ve heard great things so I might give it a go

I mean, in life you mostly get what you pay for. This is a luxury product, it's an artisan crafted product. You pay top dollar for their labour and materials, but there really is no equal. There is no cheaper alternative that competes with it. CF makes genuine JLC straps, just with a JLC stamp opposed to the CF one. There's a reason for that. JLC don't really cut corners and nor do CF.

So yes, it is weird to spend as much on a strap, if not more, than the rep. But you really have no choice if you want that level of crafted product. To me it was worth it, my strap was ~ 300 euro and was completely customised to how I wanted it, down to the exact length of strap I needed. To me it was worth it, not going to lie it sucks paying that much but that's just the cost of such quality and customisation.

Reactions: nick890

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
I mean, in life you mostly get what you pay for. This is a luxury product, it's an artisan crafted product. You pay top dollar for their labour and materials, but there really is no equal. There is no cheaper alternative that competes with it. CF makes genuine JLC straps, just with a JLC stamp opposed to the CF one. There's a reason for that. JLC don't really cut corners and nor do CF.

So yes, it is weird to spend as much on a strap, if not more, than the rep. But you really have no choice if you want that level of crafted product. To me it was worth it, my strap was ~ 300 euro and was completely customised to how I wanted it, down to the exact length of strap I needed. To me it was worth it, not going to lie it sucks paying that much but that's just the cost of such quality and customisation.

Completely agree!

I would totally pull the trigger on a bespoke luxury strap for this watch. However, in my opinion if this is a watch that is part of a big collection, it may not get that much wrist time. If you have a rotation regimen, would this watch get enough wrist time to justify the added expense? I'd say if It's going to be one of your best and only watches, I'd get this strap.

Do you have any pictures to share of your strap?

And regarding the edge finishing, wouldn't a folded edges have a more seamless look?