• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
That's what I had tried first ;) I put in the reference (136.2.520) but no straps show up. Even the model details didn't have alternative straps listed. Ended up looking at the white dial version and I found the brown strap. Thanks for your help!!

Edit: The US site is not letting me buy online, have to call a phone number. What if he asks me about the watch :(

Just say is a gift for a friend

Reactions: srhoque

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
That's what I had tried first ;) I put in the reference (136.2.520) but no straps show up. Even the model details didn't have alternative straps listed. Ended up looking at the white dial version and I found the brown strap. Thanks for your help!!

Edit: The US site is not letting me buy online, have to call a phone number. What if he asks me about the watch :(

Ah they also have weird hours actually, you have to time it on the website... you can only place orders when they're open for business ... otherwise it directs you to phone line.

Legit the most stupid thing I have ever seen! haha :D

Reactions: srhoque

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Ah they also have weird hours actually, you have to time it on the website... you can only place orders when they're open for business ... otherwise it directs you to phone line.

Legit the most stupid thing I have ever seen! haha :D

Or maybe they want me to talk to this person who can upsell me more stuff. Maybe that's when I tell them that I am perfectly happy with my ZF :D:D:D and show the person a wrist shot ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sonofalich

srhoque

28/11/18
Now that's a clever idea. Will try that tomorrow.:p

After trying in vain to order a strap online for the last 2 days, ended up calling (only option in US to purchase) and speaking with a "personal advisor". Decent person but asks too many questions. Asked me what is my preferred "boutique" (told him its TrustyTime :D:D, just kidding).

Anyways, if anyone is considering gen JLC straps, just wait until things settle. Their website will accept orders when AD shops open up.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I have looked at Camille Fournet before, but wasn't sure if their curved end would fit the ZF case and springbars. Had ordered cheaper ones (from ziczac leather), curved end (case side) didn't fit at all.

CF does 100% I had a CF made as it was cheaper and better than the gen JLC... you can customise it 100% how you want.
That said there normal straps with curved springbar fits the JLC perfectly fine and no customising charges then

srhoque

28/11/18
CF does 100% I had a CF made as it was cheaper and better than the gen JLC... you can customise it 100% how you want.
That said there normal straps with curved springbar fits the JLC perfectly fine and no customising charges then

Thanks for confirming. They are in fact cheaper. I will go CF then...

srhoque

28/11/18
While on this topic, I wish there were more of JLC straps available on eBay. I had started looking at CF mainly for my ZF 5296 Calatrava (I believe the Patek OEM leather straps are actually made by CF). There are plenty of gen Patek straps available on ebay for half the price you pay for a CF. I managed to get a bargain on the bay for new gen Patek straps for both black and brown leather. here are some pics of with gen leather.

Xhgyn.jpg
XhbLF.jpg
XhJE2.jpg

Last edited:

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
I have looked at Camille Fournet before, but wasn't sure if their curved end would fit the ZF case and springbars. Had ordered cheaper ones (from ziczac leather), curved end (case side) didn't fit at all.

mate I ordered two from Ziczac and they both fitted perfectly. Are you sure you gave them the correct sizes?
anyway for the price you pay ziczacleather is great quality but of course can't compare to CF. I'd suggest also Jacobstraps.

Reactions: Tig990

srhoque

28/11/18
mate I ordered two from Ziczac and they both fitted perfectly. Are you sure you gave them the correct sizes?
anyway for the price you pay ziczacleather is great quality but of course can't compare to CF. I'd suggest also Jacobstraps.

Thanks for the info, I did give ziczac the right sizing. Anyways, I ended up ordering gen ones directly from JLC

0range666

Horology Curious
21/9/18
After 4-5 months of wearing 3 case screws were lost. I guess they were just shitty crews and didn't hold well.

So I went to my local watch repair store and they were able to manufacture 3 new screws for me! Costed me $50 bucks though.

The question is - am I unlucky or is it common problem with this model?

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
Hey guys, I'm just wondering if GF makes the MUT moon with RG and the gray dial. I've only seen the ZF version with that coloration on TD sites

fh4008

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/7/20
I have bought OEM straps from WatchMasterUK on Ersy and they have been too notch! Highly recommend

Reactions: Mille Voci