• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Yeah I don't think ado put the caseback on properly. Its better now.

It's not a watch to go swimming in but not nice to see fog ever.

I tried gen on today btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you noticed differences regarding the crystal? clarity? Ar coating? Reflections?

erudite

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/18
Amy tips on change the date/moonphase on this watch? I move the crown out but can only seem to adjust the time.

To change the date I have to keep moving it past 12.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Amy tips on change the date/moonphase on this watch? I move the crown out but can only seem to adjust the time.

To change the date I have to keep moving it past 12.

this button

jl2018093001-07.jpg

Reactions: erudite

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Thats truely a super rep. Scary close.

- Did they use some kind of „cap“ for the Pinion?
- is the gen Dial more „silver“ and structured and not so glossy as the
rep?
- are the Minute Dots more flat on the rep?

really NWBIG imo. thx for sharing

The only difference I noticed apart from the capped pinion was the minute circles are ever so slightly more refined as you say, but you would need a loupe to see. The sheen on the dial is the same as the rep, it's just the jewellers light making it look different.

Obviously the movement on the back is totally different, but the finishing on the rep means unless you know the movement, you wouldn't tell. The crystal on the rep is spot on. In fact, it's one of the best reps I've ever seen. It's really something quite incredible, even those raised makers are spot on too.

It's funny you always see comments from people saying 'how is the weight', like gens are really heavy or something. Well, I tried a load of watches on in the AD and they were all really light. Even the Breguet 7057 which is white gold.

Reactions: RobSe1 and TheEC

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
The only difference I noticed apart from the capped pinion was the minute circles are ever so slightly more refined as you say, but you would need a loupe to see. The sheen on the dial is the same as the rep, it's just the jewellers light making it look different.

Obviously the movement on the back is totally different, but the finishing on the rep means unless you know the movement, you wouldn't tell. The crystal on the rep is spot on. In fact, it's one of the best reps I've ever seen. It's really something quite incredible, even those raised makers are spot on too.

It's funny you always see comments from people saying 'how is the weight', like gens are really heavy or something. Well, I tried a load of watches on in the AD and they were all really light. Even the Breguet 7057 which is white gold.

Really impressing what is possible, it‘s one of the reps i feel totally satisfied when wearing. Normally i‘m always looking at some points and thinking about improving, but not with this one.
Movement is Miyota, thats not to hide but like you say if someone doesn’t know the gen Movement he wouldn’t recognize it‘s not a gen.

Haha yes. i never lost a second of thinking about the weight or 0,5-1mm thickness. This is one of the most unimportant things imo

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17

actually imho opinion on the black dial the crystal is pretty different, the Ar coating is like butter and the hue colour is different. When I saw the gen the reflection was like "cloudy" on almost every angle which made the dial really pop! and the colour was deep blue while on rep is turquoise.
on the rep the cloudyness you could only see it at certain angles.
Anyway I'm just talking about a 5% difference. Nobody could notice it without inspecting carefully.

I think I'll buy the silver dial.

Reactions: RobSe1

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
actually imho opinion on the black dial the crystal is pretty different, the Ar coating is like butter and the hue colour is different. When I saw the gen the reflection was like "cloudy" on almost every angle which made the dial really pop! and the colour was deep blue while on rep is turquoise.
on the rep the cloudyness you could only see it at certain angles.
Anyway I'm just talking about a 5% difference. Nobody could notice it without inspecting carefully.

I think I'll buy the silver dial.

I've never seen a black dial, rep or gen

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
I've never seen a black dial, rep or gen

Maybe here it's more noticeable what I'm trying to say, I don't know if it's just an impression, I'm not sure that on the silver dial is the same.

GEN
5SEpy.jpg

REP
5SZoa.jpg

GregH

Known Member
25/6/18
So the silver dial is more gen like than the black one?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
So the silver dial is more gen like than the black one?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

Mate I dont know, I'm just sharing what I saw about the black dial. Maybe someone can come in hand and send videos or pics of the gen with direct reflections on the crystal.
I have no idea if this behaviour is there also on the silver dial model.

Reactions: hrirwi

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Here there are 3 videos. the last two are white gold, i suppose grey dial... you notice what you see on yours?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HOsS57vjko
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZdlF7jfLZs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF8ZzO8NGCY

yes I have seen those vids but the fact is that they use a soft artificial light and plus I don't know if on the white gold there is the same crystal treatment than the black. But on the video you can see the blueish purple hue that I'm talking about, and also the lights reflect with a halo and not like a mirror, but I could be wrong.
What i know is that on the silver there is colourless AR and that avoids the wrong colour flaw, I'm curious to know if the reflection is still strong or gen like

mrkubix

Horology Curious
18/2/19
Guys, how about the rose gold coating after some usage?
Is it worth to teg it for everyday use, or silver is the way to go?

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Yes, rep does the same on silver dial. I can't say for certain exactly, but the gen flares light like the rep does.

Black - I see exactly what you mean.

VIV54 Maybe its caused by the Dial not by the Crystal? is this possible?

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
VIV54 Maybe its caused by the Dial not by the Crystal? is this possible?

No mate, it's clearly the crystal, I've tested it removing the bezel and the reflection on the dial was really different. It was magnified glossy and blurred (if this make sense.. lol). While I put the crystal back the reflection was mirror like same as no AR but turquoise due to the AR treament. (this only when hit by direct light). When it by indirect light the AR treatment hide the reflections and it looks like gen. I'm not sure if the gen has the AR only on the outside or both, but ZF has on the outside.

I'm wearing now a planet ocean VSF and it's double AR is amazing. It still has no scratches and the reflections are really blurred and not sharp at all.

So you guys confirm that on the silver model the crystal and the ar treatment is per gen?

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
g
No mate, it's clearly the crystal, I've tested it removing the bezel and the reflection on the dial was really different. It was magnified glossy and blurred (if this make sense.. lol). While I put the crystal back the reflection was mirror like same as no AR but turquoise due to the AR treament. (this only when hit by direct light). When it by indirect light the AR treatment hide the reflections and it looks like gen. I'm not sure if the gen has the AR only on the outside or both, but ZF has on the outside.

I'm wearing now a planet ocean VSF and it's double AR is amazing. It still has no scratches and the reflections are really blurred and not sharp at all.

So you guys confirm that on the silver model the crystal and the ar treatment is per gen?

Strange, indeed...

Here‘s another gen pics and mine Silver Dial.

B6EJT.png

B6ZFe.png

B6WXA.jpg

B6b2Q.jpg

On my Silver i have no Purple/turquoise AR....maybe colourless?? and its like a mirror - BUT on the pic it looks a bit blurred, in real its a sharp reflection.

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
g

Strange, indeed...

On my Silver i have no Purple/turquoise AR....maybe colourless?? and its like a mirror - BUT on the pic it looks a bit blurred, in real its a sharp reflection.

Yes I guess on the silver is colourless AR

check this out

BzrzT.jpg

In the part I circled it's supposed to be a building with some windows and it looks really blurred and washed out. Do you get what I mean? In my opinion the same reflection on the rep would appear really sharp, detailed and mirrorlike, on the black dial was like that on the silver dial I'm still not sure.