• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

Warden

Looking Around
8/11/17
I noticed the dial looks really smooth, but the gen has a sunburst pattern. :/

jlcgeologist

Known Member
21/10/17
Malaysia
I noticed the dial looks really smooth, but the gen has a sunburst pattern. :/

Thought so too when I checked it on the JLC website. But looking everywhere else online in pics, doesn’t seem too clear if it actually does.

Anyone checked the Gen out before at and AD or maybe owns one can confirm this?

Will definitely get this eventually, just want to make sure it’s really that amazing!

Btw, there’s a video on below website for those interested

http://trustytimestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=18748

Sent from the RWI App

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Those JLC Promo pics are high filtered and Photoshopped to get the „perfect“ look! It‘s not good to compare with „unfiltered“ real pics. The rep looks imo fckn good!!!!! The Dial is extremely good on point

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Thought so too when I checked it on the JLC website. But looking everywhere else online in pics, doesn’t seem too clear if it actually does.

Anyone checked the Gen out before at and AD or maybe owns one can confirm this?

Will definitely get this eventually, just want to make sure it’s really that amazing!

Btw, there’s a video on below website for those interested

http://trustytimestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=18748

Sent from the RWI App

Thanks!!

In the video they don't show the moonphase button functionality. :mad:

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
They kind of do, by the fact that it doesn't advance when the hour hand advances

That's the date button on the right. The moonphase button is on the left side and they don't push it unfortunately

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I don't know why ZF choose to do so, but the rotor decoration is different from the gen
GENREP
Jaeger-Lecoultre-Master-Ultra-Thin-Moon-39-black-dial-SIHH-2015-4.jpg
b8be9e66310dbde303d446631ad91e9b.image.800x531.jpg

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I don't know why ZF choose to do so, but the rotor decoration is different from the gen
GENREP
Jaeger-Lecoultre-Master-Ultra-Thin-Moon-39-black-dial-SIHH-2015-4.jpg
b8be9e66310dbde303d446631ad91e9b.image.800x531.jpg

JLC updated the rotor 2016! ZF is correct, the new version.

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Really looking forward to having this.
The movement in the Gen, the caliber 925 is a simple enough movement with date and moon. Nothing even slightly spectacular.
The only real advantage it has over the Miyota 9015 based movement in the Rep is the bi directional auto winding. Aside from that the Miyota should perform the same and be equally reliable.
Maybe some parts issues with the custom made parts for moonphase added to the original 9015.

I think it is great they have the right case thickness. And amazing to see a real moonphase at last.

However I still can't understand how JLC can keep a straight face while calling it "ultrathin" at 9 mm ! When really thin watches even with autowind go as thin as 4.3mm
Even JLCs own original ultrathin with the 849 manual wind was 4.03 mm in total .

For me 9mm is really not thin.

Not the point though.

The real point is what we seem to have here, and it does need to be confirmed by ownership, is another real NWBIG watch. A watch which truly offers no significant advantage if bought Gen

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Just received from Toro. Ordered on Friday, landed in my hands on Monday in Germany. It's just batshitcrazy amazing quality!

Take a look
AlfNZVb.jpg

FJfZqYT.jpg

gxlENPw.jpg

VU9L6ap.jpg

Pw5ygv6.jpg

This is awesome!!!! More pics please :D can’t wait to get mine.

How is the strap? And the blue colour of the moonphase?

kennycoder

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/9/12
The strap is usual POS. As for the moonphase, it's spot on so far. I'll try to get my hands on the gen some time soon to do a comparison but can't promise anything. The only mod needed here is a new strap. Pure perfection!

Reactions: RobSe1

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
The strap is usual POS. As for the moonphase, it's spot on so far. I'll try to get my hands on the gen some time soon to do a comparison but can't promise anything. The only mod needed here is a new strap. Pure perfection!

Freakin awesome! thx for sharing mate :) could you measure the strap? Lug width, width at the clasp, thickness etc. for us maybe?
Than i will order a quality strap for the POS :D i hoped they did a better one lol ^^ haha

Thx :)

Reactions: Seamusflood