• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
It looks unevenly sprayed on rather than plated. The gold colour on the back of lugs is different. It even looks speckled on the back case in certain lights in that video. I was thinking it was reflection of something but I looked and looked and it did not seem to be.

Reactions: vcappp

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
vcappp like freediver said, it is the backcase and side of lugs. It looks almost like blistering. Check out the video from 0:17 and on. Also the sidecase between the lugs look affected.

Last edited:

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
It looks unevenly sprayed on rather than plated. The gold colour on the back of lugs is different. It even looks speckled on the back case in certain lights in that video. I was thinking it was reflection of something but I looked and looked and it did not seem to be.

Exactly! That is probably it. Not an actual plating but a bad spraypaint on uneven or greasy surface.

By the way, here is a nice thread on the subject of gold wrapping/plating https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/315608-the-wrapped-gold-sub-guide,

Last edited:

Pogostik

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/18
I watched the video a couple of times to see if it was some artifact or maybe they had left a protective sticker on the plating but they didn't.

On the upside...this will make you stop worrying about misaligned double markers at 12 o'clock.

Are you saying the markers don't line up with centre or the 2 pieces that make up the marker are not parallel and point inwards at the bottom?

Mr_SD

Known Member
6/3/18
Just in case anyone is dithering:

CkaBT.jpg

Ck3ee.jpg

Is that the stock strap that comes with the watch? The dial looks amazing...

Reactions: Slayer1976

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Is that the stock strap that comes with the watch? The dial looks amazing...

The stock strap is not good. That is an Orloff strap. I have it on a OEM JLC strap now :) I am really impressed with this watch.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I'd never buy a gold watch but if I did I'd never worry about plating.

If you like a watch that much, there's guys like spongebob, Tomrep and USD who will plate whatever you like. And they know what they're doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr_SD

Known Member
6/3/18
The stock strap is not good. That is an Orloff strap. I have it on a OEM JLC strap now :) I am really impressed with this watch.

yes i have just ordered one - may i ask where you got your OEM strap from?

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
vcappp like freediver said, it is the backcase and side of lugs. It looks almost like blistering. Check out the video from 0:17 and on. Also the sidecase between the lugs look affected.

looks like pitting to me, like the steel underneath was damaged before it was plated

B0j

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/4/18
I ordered the rg/slate model, will see what happens when QC pics are in.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Mine arrived from m2m

Second time I set the time the crown fell off

4358e9753d67baf2c0359c4e75c494aa.png

moops

Horology Curious
20/6/12
Now that a grey dial has made an appearance on the rose gold, does anyone with factory connections know whether a ss with a grey dial might be coming?

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
is it ZF’s intended delay to create hype and demand for this watch? the waiting time is so long.

anyone still waiting for the black dial version?

anyone know if ZF has new stock for the black dial version?

thanks.