• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Completely correct. I would rather get one bad watch than upset my TD. So far all have been good, and I think it makes a difference that I give him no headaches at all.

Same here the relationship is the priority. I must say I have not been let down yet. I have even been told clearly what to avoid. Not that that stops me anyway lol.
​​​​

Reactions: csthe

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Absolutely love how it looks.
636e9f15c39a5b251252997d9143a029.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Gorgeous!!

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
I have been told that the amount of rejected watches are pushing up the prices at the TDs. The factories just offload the rejects elsewhere probably cheaper. No idea if it is true or not. But these little shiny things are certainly getting more expensive.

Did you know they took the word gullible out of the dictionary?
Do you know how much garbage I've heard in this thread to 'scare' prices up from TDs.
Discontinued, batch recalls, limited runs, customers waiting months.

The chinese are notorious scamsters and will try anything, keep standards high, don't stand for bullshit and our hobby will continue. Let them get away with cheating clients and providing horrible service and this hobby devolves into one so risky its just not worth it even from "TDs".

Reactions: vcappp and csthe

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Do you know how much garbage I've heard in this thread to 'scare' prices up from TDs.

The chinese are notorious scamsters and will try anything, keep standards high, don't stand for bullshit and our hobby will continue. Let them get away with cheating clients and providing horrible service and this hobby devolves into one so risky its just not worth it even from "TDs".

Actually you couldn't be further from the truth.

The assumption that TDs are there to scam us is what could possibly destroy this hobby.
In my case, far from Gullible as regards the Chinese I have worked with them for over 20 years Still have Factory in Shenzhen and at one time had two, plus a factory in Nanjing.
To suggest that "The Chinese" are notorious scamsters, is very far from the truth and just a tad generalised . They number more than a billion, so I am sure there will be some.
In fact I find through many years of close and involved business with them that the business ethics stack up very well.
The biggest threat to us getting our watches in the easy manner we do, is a reduction in enthusiasm and will to live by the TDs.

Patience and understanding are essential elements when buying illegal goods on line from someone who far from making a fortune, is putting themselves in the line of fire and loss, to get your watch to you.

Last edited:

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Actually you couldn't be further from the truth.

The assumption that TDs are there to scam us is what could possibly destroy this hobby.
In my case, far from Gullible as regards the Chinese I have worked with them for over 20 years Still have Factory in Shenzhen and at one time had two, plus a factory in Nanjing.
To suggest that "The Chinese" are notorious scamsters, is very far from the truth and just a tad generalised . They number more than a billion, so I am sure their will be some.
In fact I find through many years of close and involved business with them that the business ethics stack up very well.
The biggest threat to us getting our watches in the easy manner we do, is a reduction in enthusiasm and will to live by the TDs.

Patience and understanding are essential elements when buying illegal goods on line form someone who far from making a fortune, is putting themselves in the line of fire and loss, to get your watch to you.

More horseshit, you really have drunk the koolaid. The TDs are motivated by profit just like most businesses, one leaves there will be many more to replace them as long as its profitable. We need to make sure TDs have their feet to the fire or this forum is useless and customers simply don't trust that high quality illegal copies can even be purchased safely.

The TDs here are not scamsters, but that doesn't stop them from doing just about nothing when something goes wrong with a watch on arrival.
It also doesn't stop them from 100% telling you a watch is in stock when they know damn well it isn't.

Oh the poor TDs, the poor TDs, noone gave a shit in this thread when my watch came with a piece of metal stuck on the dial which I had to send to a local watchsmith to remove at my expense.
Noone will give a shit when your watch comes with a DOA movement or with hidden flaws.

China is all about the money, want to know how I know?, too many buying trips, we can even convince factories to produce knock offs with our logo on the same equipment purchased by our competitors to produce the original.

Want to know why simple clean dial watches are hardly ever repped? Because a competitor will copy it so fast it leaves no incentive for the original factory to purchase the original watch. The copiers are themselves getting copied.

This a forum about illegal goods and you talk about Chinese ethics?

This was good for a laugh but seriously maybe you need to go to Guangzhou and take a closer look.

Last edited:
Reactions: csthe and vcappp

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
@ehhcl3537rwi

I am not about to enter a pi$$ing contest with you.

Very long experience has taught me that if you want quality , you need to treat people with respect and a good attitude.

As for Guangzhou I was there last week.

If that is your attitude you will be dealing with the people you deserve and getting the attitude you deserve. The Chinese I deal with , including the TD I use regularly, treat me with respect and do all they can to see to it that I get the best possible goods and service.

Reactions: vcappp

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Guys quick question for those of you that have exnperience in this:

which you prefer jacobstrap or ziczacleather straps? Why?

Thanks in advance.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Guys quick question for those of you that have exnperience in this:

which you prefer jacobstrap or ziczacleather straps? Why?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Mate :)

For the Money ziczac is the best imo! 50-60$ you get a great custom strap with very good quality.
Jacob is about 3times more expensive, its maybe nicer done or finished better but its a lot of Money for a strap....for a rep.

If you pay a lot of attention to straps it could be worth it to you.

p.s. my JLC will arrive today back :D

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland

Thank you for your comments, everyone is entitled to their opinion right or wrong :)

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
yes you get a very good quality for an awesome and unbeatable price :)

1RXcK.jpg

Reactions: VIV54

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Hey Mate :)

For the Money ziczac is the best imo! 50-60$ you get a great custom strap with very good quality.
Jacob is about 3times more expensive, its maybe nicer done or finished better but its a lot of Money for a strap....for a rep.

If you pay a lot of attention to straps it could be worth it to you.

p.s. my JLC will arrive today back :D

Thanks for the feedback mate!!!
So have you received your watch back? What was the problem in the end?

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Thanks for the feedback mate!!!
So have you received your watch back? What was the problem in the end?

Your welcome friend:)

yes finally i got it back. The second hand blockaded sometimes on the crystal so it stopped...was to high a bit.
Now all good :D

Reactions: KJ2020 and VIV54

Pogostik

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/18
Sure I read in one of the many pages to this thread that the 12 o clock markers are not parallel. If this still the case?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Heads up guys, Sead just got me a white dial and I only picked up one in M2M a few hours ago. So he has one to spare.

Reactions: KJ2020 and androme

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
@ehhcl3537rwi

I am not about to enter a pi$$ing contest with you.

Very long experience has taught me that if you want quality , you need to treat people with respect and a good attitude.

As for Guangzhou I was there last week.

If that is your attitude you will be dealing with the people you deserve and getting the attitude you deserve. The Chinese I deal with , including the TD I use regularly, treat me with respect and do all they can to see to it that I get the best possible goods and service.

I have a bill for $30 from a local watchsmith for removing the metal from my recent black dial MUTM watch what are the chances of getting a credit on my next purchase?
There is no 'attitude' over emails, TD customer support in general doesn't read English well so all emails to TDs should be short, polite, to the point, and preferably with a picture, link, or attachment.

Markoff

Horology Curious
1/9/11
Hi guys, i just recieved the silver dial ultrathin moon from Sead, its superb, such a beauty. I really recomend this watch to all, will post pictures and additional review later...
Regards
Marko

Reactions: timnic54

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
I have a bill for $30 from a local watchsmith for removing the metal from my recent black dial MUTM watch what are the chances of getting a credit on my next purchase?
There is no 'attitude' over emails, TD customer support in general doesn't read English well so all emails to TDs should be short, polite, to the point, and preferably with a picture, link, or attachment.

30$ ! First world problem . Suck it up. You are buying counterfeit goods from a clandestine trader, not an iphone from the Apple store.