• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
That thing with the damaged screws and water resistant are holding me back. I hope they are sorted soon

Reactions: stoyania

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Is everyone accepting the models with damaged screws. I spoke to my TD and he said it's in stock but they all have screw problems

I accepted with QC pics that may have a slightly damaged screw or two. See here:

11t2539.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Is everyone accepting the models with damaged screws. I spoke to my TD and he said it's in stock but they all have screw problems

I would not, that's unacceptable. Maybe they'll quit sending them out that way if they keep getting them sent back.

Rep or not, it's a $400 watch.

Reactions: stoyania

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Got my watch Smith to shorten the stem. Now the crown sits flush to the case. Sort of straightened the date hand as well but due to the uneven intervals between the dates, some of the dates will still not be centered.

Some things to look out for in QC pics.
e3d94de8fea65ebe4d16e2741bda7a3b.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

what was the reason of the problem that the date hand is not centered (not properly pointing the date)? which looks like the date hand is one tick off

was the local watchsmith friendly with the rep?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xander22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/18
The spacing between the dates (1 . 3 . 5...) are probably not evenly spread out. Either that or the intervals in which the date hand moves each day is not equal. So there will be some days when the date is lined up perfectly and some days when the date is slightly off. Hope my explaination makes sense. Maybe the others who have the same watch can advice.

Yes. He is rep friendly. He sells lower end reps as well. Haha.

Reactions: vcappp

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
My watch was sent back from Lucy to the factory since she realized it had some dust on the dial. I hope they don't damage the screws, I told her they are butchers. I'd prefer 1000 times a bit of dust than damaged screws.

Xander22

10/7/18
My watch was sent back from Lucy to the factory since she realized it had some dust on the dial. I hope they don't damage the screws, I told her they are butchers. I'd prefer 1000 times a bit of dust than damaged screws.
I think the issue with the screws is that it's not standard size. My watchsmith had some difficulty getting the screws back in yesterday. Was switching between different screwdrivers.

Reactions: stam95

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
I think the issue with the screws is that it's not standard size. My watchsmith had some difficulty getting the screws back in yesterday. Was switching between different screwdrivers.

I owned an ultra thin date from another factory and I opened it with ease many times. But it's obviously a screwdriver problem not fitting properly in the screw and damaging it while turning. I will never understand why they are so good at replicating crazy stuff and then they fall on these stupid things.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I owned an ultra thin date from another factory and I opened it with ease many times. But it's obviously a screwdriver problem not fitting properly in the screw and damaging it while turning. I will never understand why they are so good at replicating crazy stuff and then they fall on these stupid things.

This!! They make watches with 904L steel and putting shitty bracelet screws in ... cannot get this, too.

Reactions: KJ2020 and vcappp

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Once screws have been opened they really should be replaced when re-fitting. But not even JLC do that in fact.

This is my gen JLC MUT after a service with JLC

9313785183_58113d7e45_b.jpg

I think it is not a big deal only shows up in macro photos. Better that they have fixed the WR issues.

Reactions: AriChoresh

AriChoresh

30/8/17
Once screws have been opened they really should be replaced when re-fitting. But not even JLC do that in fact.

I think it is not a big deal only shows up in macro photos. Better that they have fixed the WR issues.

Amazing

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
The spacing between the dates (1 . 3 . 5...) are probably not evenly spread out. Either that or the intervals in which the date hand moves each day is not equal. So there will be some days when the date is lined up perfectly and some days when the date is slightly off. Hope my explaination makes sense. Maybe the others who have the same watch can advice.

Yes. He is rep friendly. He sells lower end reps as well. Haha.

Thanks for your reply. Was the date hand mis-alignment problem easy to fix by the watch-smith?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16

That movement looks amazing!!

Xander22

10/7/18
It's easy to pull the hand out and align it to a number. But like I said. It may be aligned to some numbers but may not be aligned to others. Maybe if you're lucky you won't have this problem on your watch.

Reactions: vcappp

qualityazn

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
11/3/18
damn i didn’t see the date misalignment until now. now i cannot unsee it :(

B0j

7/4/18
Anyone receive one in RG yet? Preordering RG black dial and wanted to see if anyone has gotten their’s yet.