• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
This is a problem with the design I have been told before. Even the gen can suffer the same problem apparently.

This is classic JLC conundrum, maker of grand complications and beautiful watches but it struggles with the peripheries. Generally, the ones made for the 'mass' market, if there is such a thing with that brand, do not have carry great attention to details. This extends to its accessories and I did end up buying new straps for my 2019 Master Geographic. I was in the midst of considering another purchase in the form of a Blue Duoface but I noticed specks of dust on the dial (this was a brand new unit). When I showed it to the salesperson, she wouldn't believe me and good thing the in-house watchsmith was around. Cut a long story short, those were dust indeed.

So, the rep pieces did too well in replicating the gen...

Reactions: C Master

Eiffeltauer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
20/6/20
Berlin, Germany
Something similar used to happen to me. I realize that the pin was probably too short, or the piece where it goes on the clasp was too wide. To help remedy this I used to squeeze the piece on the clasp, but that was only a temporary fix. I then realized I needed a new clasp, and I let my TD know of the clasp defect. I'm sure these are pennies and can be given out quite easily if you just ask. They're also probably available on AliExpress cheap. Just get a new clasp.

Thx a lot Mr.JC for sharing your experience! I will contact my TD for a replacement clasp. luckily, I only had issues with it, when handling the watch.

Eiffeltauer

Supporter
Certified
20/6/20
Berlin, Germany
Thx a lot Mr.JC for sharing your experience! I will contact my TD for a replacement clasp. luckily, I only had issues with it, when handling the watch.

Update: I fixed the issue myself. There is a small metal piece that works as a saftey guard for the joint between clasp and strap. So when it opened I accidentally closed it again (without me noticing it).

The strap attached easily to the join when the guard is open. Then you close it and everything holds firmly. I can't understand now how it accidentally open in the first place...

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Hi Guys, I went through several pages on this amazing thread, but I don't think I have seen a ladies' version addressed. If it was covered - I apologize in advance.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this one from ZF?

http://www.hontwatch.ru/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79&products_id=13225

A couple of questions I have are

1. Would a lady version come with working moonphase
2. Is this.... good enough-ish of a replica? Based on some pictures I found on gen, it looked pretty good but I am no expert.

Thank you in advance for input.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Reactions: sukwonee

MrFitzwilliam

Horology Curious
20/12/20
The watch above is a Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous, no relationship with the one on this post. Considering the gen is a day night indicator, why the hell the rep would be a moonphase?

Reactions: sukwonee

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
The watch above is a Jaeger-LeCoultre Rendez-Vous, no relationship with the one on this post. Considering the gen is a day night indicator, why the hell the rep would be a moonphase?

ahh thank you for the information. I will look for the Rendez-Vous thread.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
Hi Guys, I went through several pages on this amazing thread, but I don't think I have seen a ladies' version addressed. If it was covered - I apologize in advance.

Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this one from ZF?

A couple of questions I have are

1. Would a lady version come with working moonphase
2. Is this.... good enough-ish of a replica? Based on some pictures I found on gen, it looked pretty good but I am no expert.

Also, some advice, any reps with diamonds are likely to scream 'fake' from a mile away.

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Do you know how long should the reserve last if stop wearing it after wearing it 24/7 for a few days but don’t move much (WFH) ?

Probably 2-3 days. When I stopped keeping it on a watch winder, I would keep it going by manually winding it. But so many watches to wind and keep track of now, I just rotate daily.

Salsifi

20/12/20
Probably 2-3 days. When I stopped keeping it on a watch winder, I would keep it going by manually winding it. But so many watches to wind and keep track of now, I just rotate daily.

Thanks for the info !
When winding it, do you have to put it on position « 1 »? Meaning pulling a bit the crown and then rotating from bottom to up ?

Pene75

11/10/21
Hi guys,
I read this thread and I still hesitating between ZF and GF v4
Can someone help me ? ^^
thanks !

Mr.JC

Renowned Member
11/9/16
Thanks for the info !
When winding it, do you have to put it on position «*1*»? Meaning pulling a bit the crown and then rotating from bottom to up ?

Position one doesn't do anything on mine either. You should be able to wind it in position 0.

Salsifi

20/12/20
Position one doesn't do anything on mine either. You should be able to wind it in position 0.

Position zéro going up to down then ? Because otherwise it is blocked on my watch :(

I do hear some noise going up to down. However it doesn’t seem to wind. :/

Jandirrty

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/7/18
Which dial color from ZF in SS is closest to gen. Black, white or grey?

Antigrafo

20/1/20

A quick review of the Master Ultra Thin Moon SS, White Dial on Black Leather Strap, GF V4

Cosmetically the watch looks almost perfect.
The crown winding and the buttons work very nicely.
The dial is spectacular. The moonphase is very nice and easily visible while the date numbers are more difficult to appreciate with the naked eye because of their small size. The blued second hand sweeps very smoothly. The watch is beautifully quiet.
Looking at the movement through the exhibition back. The movement is extremely close to a wonderful clone. It looks well finished and has a general look of quality.
The main issue for me is that the movement plates are laser printed not engraved.
The lugs are also wonderful. They sweep smoothly downward and match nicely with the case. The dimensions appear all correct.
Here are some photos of this elegant, and aesthetically pleasing watch for your interest!