Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

ZF Master Ultrathin Moon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried gen, and itt​​​​itt feels as light as rep

Comment

Any stock issues in obtaining a piece? It has been two weeks since I ordered mine from a TD but no word since.

Comment

So I just contacted intime to ask whether the jlc with silver dial and black strap was in stock. They said it was. However I do not know if I should go through with it since a lot of people in this post say that those are just models that have already been RL'ed. What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by douwe164 View Post
          So I just contacted intime to ask whether the jlc with silver dial and black strap was in stock. They said it was. However I do not know if I should go through with it since a lot of people in this post say that those are just models that have already been RL'ed. What do you guys think?
          I heard ZF factory is on temporary shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Paneristi View Post

The MUT is a dress watch, not designed for everyday use. Customarily, a dress watch should be a simple dial, thin case to slide extremely easy under your cuffs, and on a alligator strap.
            The ZF leather strap is straight out dog shit, which looks plastic-like, and destroys any elegants the case has.
            I dunno about that. I went to a jlc ad in dubai and tried the authentic one. No difference in feel with the strap or the watch. The only difference is the moonphase where the outline of the stars and moon are engraved. That's the only tell. Not the strap. Not anything else.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by VMSG View Post
              WOW!
              but no way ZF will be able to make an accurate date wheel.
              Exactly why i think jlc released this one. Bcoz zf made their moonphase almost NWBIG

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by vcappp View Post

With the SIHH 2019 only a month away, brands are pre-releasing selected models to whet our appetite. Among them is Jaeger-LeCoultre, which has unveiled a superb new version of one of its classics. Meet the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra-Thin Moon Enamel, a showcase for the artistic crafts of the Grande Maison.

It features a hand guilloché sunray pattern with straight lines traced from the centre of the dial. A blue, translucent enamel layer is then applied on its surface to bestow an intense depth and lustre to the engraved motif.

The dial is manufactured in-house and is a testament to the mastery Jaeger-LeCoultre has achieved in traditional crafts (or métiers rares).

It is made of several parts that are then assembled together and welded to create the final dial. Naturally, this adds complexity as the counter or mainplate of the dial are independently decorated with hand-guilloché and their motifs have to match each other perfectly. The outer part framing the dial is made separately too.

The date ring framing the moon phase indication is delicately engraved. The applied hour markers (another meticulous manufacturing step) are slightly thinner and more elongated than for the regular Jaeger-LeCoultre Master models.

The white gold case is 39mm in diameter and a tad thicker than the standard Master Ultra-Thin Moon (10.04mm versus 9.9mm, mainly due to the new dial). It houses an updated movement, the Jaeger-LeCoultre calibre 925/2. Operating at 28,800 vibrations per hour, this automatic movement offers a 70-hour power reserve – a great improvement compared to the previous calibre 925/1 found in other Master Ultra-Thin Moon watches, which offered 43 hours of power reserve.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS – JAEGER-LECOULTRE MASTER ULTRA-THIN MOON ENAMEL
                Case: 39mm diameter x 10.04mm height - 18k white gold case, polished - sapphire crystal front and back - 50m water-resistant
                Dial: guilloché pattern on metallic base, translucent blue enamel - engraved date track, polished moon
                Movement: Jaeger-LeCoultre Caliber 925, in-house - automatic with central rotor - 70h power reserve - 4Hz frequency - 30 jewels - hours, minutes, seconds on the central axis, date and moon at 6 o'clock
                Strap: blue alligator strap on white gold pin buckle
                Reference: Q13635E1
                Limited to 100 pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful piece. I will have to pop into my local AD after the SIHH to view it

"Falling down is how we grow. Staying down is how we die"

Comment

I just received my qc today and its beautiful. Will make an in depth review once in hand. Cheers brother

Comment

It's out of stock at the moment afaik. Contacted Chazingtime in Nov and placed order on 26th Nov.. Ken mentioned that there is stock but once order placed then QC didn't even come after a month.

24th Dec - asked Ken for QC pics but no reply
                    31st Dec - asked Ken for updates if there is stock anytime soon and I got a refund instead

I'll just wait for the next batch to be ready.. really wanted this watch for the new year

Comment

Do we know when is the next batch? I ordered mine to Puretime mid Dec. But no news yet.

Comment

snap snap for a new strap

Comment

Originally posted by RobSe1 View Post

snap snap for a new strap
                          Looks georgeous. When did you ordered and got yours?

Comment

Originally posted by xfce_ub367 View Post

Looks georgeous. When did you ordered and got yours?

Got mine a couple of Months ago, nearly at the release Date

The Strap is from Amazon - it fits 100% and is 316L and perfect Quality.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Originally posted by RobSe1 View Post

Got mine a couple of Months ago, nearly at the release Date

The Strap is from Amazon - it fits 100% and is 316L and perfect Quality.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                              you had to change the bars, too, right? Since the ones of JLC are curved.

Comment

Originally posted by VIV54 View Post

you had to change the bars, too, right? Since the ones of JLC are curved.
                                Jep, i took new one. I think they were 21mm — 1,78mm thick.

Comment

Working...
                                X