• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jaeger Le-Coultre Master Grande Ultra Thin (Question which version should I buy?)

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Personally I'd avoid any 23j model. That movment is your basic entry-level movement, typically reserved for lower and pieces. The link to the other movement is not working

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Personally I'd avoid any 23j model. That movment is your basic entry-level movement, typically reserved for lower and pieces. The link to the other movement is not working

Thanks for the reply. Trustytime is down right now. What do you think of the seagull st-17?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
St-17 is seagull's model number for the 21j movement, so they are probably going to be the same movement. Whether made by seagull, DG, or a lesser factory is anyone's guess until someone has one in hand and opens it up.

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Any dealer can get any watch. I'd email a few and see who is most responsive.

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Any dealer can get any watch. I'd email a few and see who is most responsive.

Perfect clones responded they are usually the most expensive, nothing from Puretime or Intime.
What happened to the active dealers here?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Perfect clones responded they are usually the most expensive, nothing from Puretime or Intime.
What happened to the active dealers here?

Have you tried intime, puretime, or Lucy of truetime?

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Have you tried intime, puretime, or Lucy of truetime?

Intime - We do not have this watch in stock.
Puretime - ZF stopped making this a year ago.
Lucy - No Response Yet
Perfect Clones - Yes we have it in stock.

I am concerned that this watch is no longer being produced and either PC (see link above) has a different version or it is one of only a few left or they didn't really check and then it will be out of stock once I order it.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Well, I think you are thinking along the same lines I would be. If it's long out of production, the only remaining ones will probably be QA rejects or made by a smaller unnamed maker with unknown quality ( read: DH gate makers). I'd personally look to a different model which is still in production.

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Well, I think you are thinking along the same lines I would be. If it's long out of production, the only remaining ones will probably be QA rejects or made by a smaller unnamed maker with unknown quality ( read: DH gate makers). I'd personally look to a different model which is still in production.

There are some very frustrating aspects of this hobby, trying to get full information about how many copies of this watch are available is challenging, here is an update:

http://trustytimestore.com/index.php...ducts_id=16040

They have the watch in stock, I followed up with a question about whether it is from Z factory and how many copies are available. So it looks like they do have this one but I can't tell if its up to the same quality as from ZF, but it looks pretty good from their video.

Joshua at PC said it is also in stock (but his CS is not very inspiring)

I reached out to Intime (black and stainless OOS) and am considering the Rose Gold Version instead but I am concerned the gold color will be far off and the plating may not last.

https://www.intime02.co/jaeger-leco...tion-rg-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-a896.html (looks good on his pictures)

http://www.qcpics.com/index.php/JL096 (looks very yellow in this photo with lower light)

Last edited:

JLCgeo

Known Member
30/8/17
EU
Intime - We do not have this watch in stock.
Puretime - ZF stopped making this a year ago.
Lucy - No Response Yet
Perfect Clones - Yes we have it in stock.

I am concerned that this watch is no longer being produced and either PC (see link above) has a different version or it is one of only a few left or they didn't really check and then it will be out of stock once I order it.
I had the same feedback from these TD two month ago for the white dial version.
I don't understand how Perfect Clones can source a watch that is out of stock for the other TD.
Perfect Clones said me that it was ZF version ... I'm hesitating to order this watch as I find really strange this availability for only one dealer.

Envoyé de mon Le X822 en utilisant Tapatalk

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
I had the same feedback from these TD two month ago for the white dial version.
I don't understand how Perfect Clones can source a watch that is out of stock for the other TD.
Perfect Clones said me that it was ZF version ... I'm hesitating to order this watch as I find really strange this availability for only one dealer.

I think he says and does shady shit this and for other reasons he is not a TD here. I think a lot of dealers bait and switch you, get your money and then tell you the watch is OOS.
Sadly I think these watches are all gone.

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Here is the reply that I received today from Ryan (InTime) :

"Unfortunately, I cannot confirm if or when the ZF will be making this*

https://www.intime02.co/jaeger-leco...-silver-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-a896.html

*again.,."

So I don't think that Perfect Clones is sourcing the ZF version of this watch

You give them too much credit, they don't have any version of this watch, but would still have me send money anyway only to be forced to choose another watch.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I can't say if it's available or not, but I have seen it before where a dealer was able to source a long out of production watch.. I know of two instances, ticktockmydickdoc was able last summer to source an old style Datora Montbrilliant and himanshu_j was able to source a Panerai 029 last fall. I don't know which dealer they used, but it is possible and they were both successful.

Reactions: JLCgeo

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
I can't say if it's available or not, but I have seen it before where a dealer was able to source a long out of production watch.. I know of two instances, ticktockmydickdoc was able last summer to source an old style Datora Montbrilliant and himanshu_j was able to source a Panerai 029 last fall. I don't know which dealer they used, but it is possible and they were both successful.

Well you can read this e-mail exchange and draw your own conclusions. For me its this is a slimy dealer who doesn't even bother to do real stock checks, always says yes its in stock, who cannot be trusted and was just trying to get my money so I would order a different watch from them.
BsiGMT2.jpg

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Well you can read this e-mail exchange and draw your own conclusions. For me its this is a slimy dealer who doesn't even bother to do real stock checks, always says yes its in stock, who cannot be trusted and was just trying to get my money so I would order a different watch from them.
BsiGMT2.jpg

Well, it is standard practice to pay before getting QA pictures, but I'm thinking that after you pay there will be a big oops, it's not available, pick an alternative.

ehhcl3537rwi

9/7/13
Well, it is standard practice to pay before getting QA pictures, but I'm thinking that after you pay there will be a big oops, it's not available, pick an alternative.

I believe it was mentioned that some dealers reserve there own stock. He had the opportunity to mention that if it was the case. Instead he chose the evasive shady response and from what I read elsewhere has been known to send junk watches, poor QC watches DOA, or just a watch from another company or an empty box. some watches arrive just fine but if the watch has a problem they don't really care.

Trustytime did the "oops now not in stock" I lost about $25 in currency exchange.
But the TDs here came clean and said its not available.