• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC NSD Bezel White Paint Falling Off?

jlcgeologist

Known Member
21/10/17
Malaysia
Hi, I woke up this morning and noticed that the white paint on my NSD's bezel is chipping off in more than one place. I've been rather careful with the watch.... so am quite pissed off at the fact that it's turned out this way. Any of you have the same experience?

Also, any recommendations on how to fix this?

I'll include photos in my next post.

D

d4m.test

Notice the grey marks at "2" and at "15" in the Bezel.

d438519d17fd1d6dfad9d2d16cf3d2aa.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Now you are making me worried about mine !

Can i ask how long is in your possession and do you swim with it, is your beater?

jlcgeologist

Known Member
21/10/17
Malaysia
Now you are making me worried about mine !

Can i ask how long is in your possession and do you swim with it, is your beater?

Hi, Sorry for the late reply as I just got my account back from the bowels of RWI. It wasn't really a daily beater at the time and I have never swam/bathed with it. Not even sure why or how it happened to be honest.

It's now March and there are now chips in the paint for the notch at "1" as well so that's a bit frustrating. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem as I seem to be the only one thus far. I have a local guy here in Malaysia that says he can repaint the ceramic but I'm afraid of ruinning the overall look if they screw it up... Still hoping for help/tips.

Reactions: freediver

jlcgeologist

Known Member
21/10/17
Malaysia
Found a rep friendly watchsmith locally here in Malaysia (KL) that managed to touch up the paint for me... Looks good to me, and i'm happy that it just cost me RM50 (USD13) to regulate the watch and repaint the bezel... doesnt look as if its new but it's good enough that it doesnt look weird... Anyone in KL that wants to touch up their watches do give me a PM and i will give you the shop location!

qOIia0h.jpg

Reactions: JLCgeo

Taz71

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/6/16
Parts Unknown
Found a rep friendly watchsmith locally here in Malaysia (KL) that managed to touch up the paint for me... Looks good to me, and i'm happy that it just cost me RM50 (USD13) to regulate the watch and repaint the bezel... doesnt look as if its new but it's good enough that it doesnt look weird... Anyone in KL that wants to touch up their watches do give me a PM and i will give you the shop location!

qOIia0h.jpg

Following as I have the same watch and would like to see if anyone else has had the same problem,
I was planning to use it for swimming, but now I am second guessing that. (Yes it’s been waterproofed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk