• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC Reverso - new release?

mmm8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/16
I gave up and went Gen. I got a cracking price in Bangkok airport, was stupid to say no really

7b385e0110670fa6451f05026ea74543.jpg
842e3b1996b308d7d1135cbc2e5dcdce.jpg

And also one of the most beautiful versions????????

Reactions: timmywatch

Fastman119

10/1/19
I bought one of these a while back (although it wasn't by this supplier, so the quality might have changed).

While I was impressed that technically the watch design could be pulled off, when held in the hand, the overall quality feels pretty low. I think it was a product of having to engineer around so many unusual character traits (reversing mechanism, rectangular custom sized case, etc.).

The metal plating on mine looked pretty shabby too when even the slightest bit of finger grease got on the case. I'm still in love with the reverso, but due to the so-so quality of the watch (rattling around, very delicate clasp, etc.) I really don't wear it much. Here are some pics -

w1enXXE

https://imgur.com/a/F5uTpTU

Reactions: phdsjain and vcappp

monkchild

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/4/16
Looks nice. I have the old one, the model that just says REVERSO on front, if anyone is interested in buying. Not using it much, but it's a great watch.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Looks nice. I have the old one, the model that just says REVERSO on front, if anyone is interested in buying. Not using it much, but it's a great watch.

really ?

you are postwhoring AND trying to sell out side the sale forum ?

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
What issues?

The mechanism was a bit hit and miss with screws coming loose if I remember correctly. Finishing was also hit and miss. At QC I rejected 3 before I got one I liked (which I sold some time ago) and it was really nice. The only visual issue was the engraving on the back as far as I recall, the a in bar didn't look right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Akra

DARKEST

5/4/06
The mechanism was a bit hit and miss with screws coming loose if I remember correctly. Finishing was also hit and miss. At QC I rejected 3 before I got one I liked (which I sold some time ago) and it was really nice. The only visual issue was the engraving on the back as far as I recall, the a in bar didn't look right.

From memory i recall the spelling mistake on the back which was not a deal breaker for me howevrr it had build quality issues including the flip mechanism the lugs were not of good finish and the crystal was not even

Akra

11/1/17
From memory i recall the spelling mistake on the back which was not a deal breaker for me howevrr it had build quality issues including the flip mechanism the lugs were not of good finish and the crystal was not even
I was actually looking for a reverso, and heard the back had the "bsr" mistake, which I wouldn't mind all that much.

However all the other things you've mentioned can be a massive dealbreaker indeed. Were these issues for both the EU and US versions of the watch?

DARKEST

5/4/06
I was actually looking for a reverso, and heard the back had the "bsr" mistake, which I wouldn't mind all that much.

However all the other things you've mentioned can be a massive dealbreaker indeed. Were these issues for both the EU and US versions of the watch?

Yes issues on both versions as essentialy the basics are the same. I would have picked it up i a heartbeat but the many reviews i read it seemed that the build quality was shoddy with things falling apart and the overall qaulity not good. And that on a simple watch is gonna be obvious. Im not even bothrd that the original flips around. If they made it again to look the same without the reverse mechanism i would still buy who cares about flipping around im just intrested that it looks nice and will not fall apart

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Yeah I saw loads of bad comments on the mechanism and was puzzled as mine was quite gen like. Not quite as smooth but still very good. I think quality control was all over the place by the sounds of things

Akra

11/1/17
Yeah I saw loads of bad comments on the mechanism and was puzzled as mine was quite gen like. Not quite as smooth but still very good. I think quality control was all over the place by the sounds of things

Nothing a little WD-40 couldn't fix :).
They're already quite rare at the moment, however finding one without defects might be even more challenging.

Fastman119

10/1/19
Mine actually has the corrected ‘squadra’ spelling - can’t say for sure about the ‘bsr’ mistake though.

My movement has held together well enough, I can tell if you’re not careful the reversing mechanism might get a little loose with time.

My only real gripe was the leather band it came with - I had to refinish mine to give it a darker, wetter shine; the first was dry as a desert.

Before Refinishing/Back:

afRZ2.md.jpg

afkJZ.md.jpg

af0id.md.jpg

After:
afGxg.md.jpg
afxXR.md.jpg
afwZa.md.jpg
aflFy.md.jpg

Reactions: Rush

DARKEST

5/4/06
Mine actually has the corrected ‘squadra’ spelling - can’t say for sure about the ‘bsr’ mistake though.

My movement has held together well enough, I can tell if you’re not careful the reversing mechanism might get a little loose with time.

My only real gripe was the leather band it came with - I had to refinish mine to give it a darker, wetter shine; the first was dry as a desert.

Before Refinishing/Back:

afRZ2.md.jpg

afkJZ.md.jpg

af0id.md.jpg

After:
afGxg.md.jpg
afxXR.md.jpg
afwZa.md.jpg
aflFy.md.jpg

Yours is a different reverso. The one that Angus had built is the 1931 reverso with the sword hands or the injection style hands

Reactions: Rush

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Yours is a different reverso. The one that Angus had built is the 1931 reverso with the sword hands or the injection style hands

Hey man where did you picked up this beauty

Rush

I'm Pretty Popular
29/5/16
CONUS
@Fastman119

You have a very nice Reverso!
Can you please post pictures of the movement? Does it have a clear display back?