• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jaeger-LeCoultre Diver Master Compressor (Noob) - Your opinion is needed

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Hello.

I'm trying to make my Super Rep list more accurate, so I'm asking opinions about specific watches.

Today's watch is the well known Jaeger-LeCoultre Diver Master Compressor (Noob).

I need to know what you guys think.

Please, if you don't know that specific model or are not a "JLC expert" or at least a passionate, do not rate it.

Thank you !

WARNING, YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR VOTE, CHOOSE WISELY.

Pombok

12/1/17
It's an excellent rep. I own one. Things to know are:

1. There is a groove between the lugs that does not exist on gen.
2. The crown is made of some sort of plastic, whereas I believe the gen is some sort of vulcanised rubber.

I had issues with the triangle marker at 12 and sent it off to ado to realign the insert. I then installed a gen Tag Heuer bezel ratchet click spring, put it on a Zulu Nato strap and light out! One of my favourites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
It's an excellent rep. I own one. Things to know are:

1. There is a groove between the lugs that does not exist on gen.
2. The crown is made of some sort of plastic, whereas I believe the gen is some sort of vulcanised rubber.

I had issues with the triangle marker at 12 and sent it off to ado to realign the insert. I then installed a gen Tag Heuer bezel ratchet click spring, put it on a Zulu Nato strap and light out! One of my favourites.

Thanks !

How long would someone that knows the gen take to spot the fake without side by side comparison in your opinion ? (with it in hand)

Is it like... 10 seconds, 1 minute or 5 minutes ?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Thanks !

How long would someone that knows the gen take to spot the fake without side by side comparison in your opinion ? (with it in hand)

Is it like... 10 seconds, 1 minute or 5 minutes ?

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Reactions: jayeshrc

Pombok

12/1/17
The gen is a limited edition so the chances that someone has handled or knows the gen version are very limited. From an aesthetic point of view, they look almost identical. See my original points for the only flaws on this watch.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
The gen is a limited edition so the chances that someone has handled or knows the gen version are very limited. From an aesthetic point of view, they look almost identical. See my original points for the only flaws on this watch.

Thanks.

Yeah, but the limited edition issue is not a tell "so to speak", thank you !

evilpenguin

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/15
It's a super rep. The only thing as mentioned above are the notches in the sides of the case. Other than that, no one should be able to call it out.
0ed03589040d10505f23427bec5e1243.jpg

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
If you have the bracelet on, the grooves/machining marks between the lugs are covered up. So I mean it's not really a tell unless you are wearing it on a strap or you take off the bracelet when you hand it to someone?

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
I've had one since 2011 or '12, not sure if they have updated the model, but it's an excellent rep. As mentioned the few tells, that only a JLC expert would know it's spot on. Lume is fantastic. I've waterproof tested mine, with seals greased, to 10ATM(max of my tester).
The only issue I've ever had is that I had 1 rubber link split on the rubber. Luckily I had a extra since I removed one when purchased.
If I had to keep one rep, this would be it. Its built solid, almost impossible to spot as a rep, functional, has a cool factor, and good conversation piece.
FYI: Bill Clinton has a Gen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

LarryZek

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/3/17
If you have the bracelet on, the grooves/machining marks between the lugs are covered up. So I mean it's not really a tell unless you are wearing it on a strap or you take off the bracelet when you hand it to someone?

I have it on the strap option from my TD and the strap is curved. So can't see between the lugs. FB_IMG_1497795060731.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1497795060731.jpg
    FB_IMG_1497795060731.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17

inkyz

Horology Curious
13/6/12
7c300d8d19ee86f979b243cebe7f9718.heic

Mine on a tropic. Really nice watch.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

risk

Horology Curious
1/1/13
There is a gen review here:
http://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16251
and here:
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=255105

For the bracelet, the main tell is the edges. The gen is more curved at the corners and more glossy overall.
The gen also has a more pronounced polished edge around the lugs. (Biggest tell IMO)
Dial wise, the printing and markings are very similar. Lume on the gen is like a lighthouse though.

Overall, because of the polished edge of the lug, i would call it first class. (Its really obvious if you know about it.)
The dial is superb under daylight though. Could stare at it all day long. Still my daily beater anyway.

ericw82

Horology Curious
21/4/15
Obvious tell in the size of the "SWISS MADE". Once you know what to look for you can spot the rep easily.

Phener9

5/4/13
Wrexham, Wales
View attachment 92479 this is a great watch, obviously I don't have a Gen for a SBS comparison but it has that quality feel like a gen.
The crown locking device is a masterpiece that I might have expected to be faux but it really works.
On original strap 9 out of 10.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Shape of the numerals are off, they are flat on the bottom but should be curved. Pearl is the biggest flop from a factory, looks like some poorly applied epoxy.

Gen:

3518382_xxl.jpg

Genera74

29/12/14
Can anyone comment on the quality of the leather strap that comes with the watch? requires change?

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
it is not very good quality. I am afraid will not last for long