• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon: GF or AZF

derrickcrash

Known Member
7/12/20
Hi fellow watch enthusiasts,

​​​​​​I've read about GF as the moon phase is more accurate compared to the ZF but now a new factory has come into my radar which I can't find enough information about.

For AZF owners, I am interested in the following to weigh my decision against the GF:

-is the movement easy to service and have you find it reliable since you have the watch?
-how is the strap? Is It good quality or does it need replacing?
-are the finishes good enough and has the QC been par or subpar with your other purchases?

Thank you in advance contributors!

derrickcrash

Known Member
7/12/20
I forgot to mention one important point, apologies for the double post:
- the moon phase change, is it accurate to gen?

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
I ordered the AZF and it was taking forever to come, so I eventually switched my order to the GF V3, as it was released while I was waiting. It's a great watch. Obviously I can't speak to the AZF, but you can buy the GF V3 with confidence. I will say that the "alligator" strap does not hold up to scrutiny. It's a nice strap, but not believable as alligator.

derrickcrash

Known Member
7/12/20
Side note: I was all too happy to change my order after I noticed this on the AZF pics (pic courtesy of PureTime)

I decided to pull the trigger on a AZF mostly because of the moonphase being more nicely done. I wonder now about any misprints, only the QC will tell us that and I am willing to allow some error as it's a very tiny detail, about the waiting, time is a needed virtue in this hobby.
It looks like you are happy with yours, wear it in good health.

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Is it really a moon phase or it changes based on the hour of the day?

Does anyone have an update on this? I'm back in the repgame after a year off, really interested in the UTM. If the moon phase actually works I think I'll pull the trigger.

Reactions: stack