• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Big Pilot 43?

Bokthoi

4/9/17
Hi guys

just wondering if anyone has any information on a replica of this coming out? I know it’s only at preorder stage on IWCs website but it’s a sweet spot size of watch and I presume ZF would probably dive in to making this model.

cheers

mini-mad

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/12
France
as you said, it's probably gonna be a while before we see a rep but given the success they had with repping the bigger BP, I can't wait to get a Big Pilot I can finally wear!

Reactions: Ironfist

the_don_robinson

20/4/12
Yes excited about this... Always surprised how the iwc wears so much bigger than my 44mm pams

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

mcreston

Horology Curious
15/11/10
would similarly love a new BP43. I had a gen iw5004 big pilot and while it was a thing to behold it was just too freaking massive for my smaller wrists and eventually sold it after not enough wrist time. has anyone heard any chatter about timeline for a rep on the 43?

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town

Tried the BP 43 in the boutique yesterday, what a beauty. Amazingly wearable unless you have very thin wrists

waiting for it to be repped!

Reactions: Meicmo84

Patsanchik

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/6/18
Canada

Tried the BP 43 in the boutique yesterday, what a beauty. Amazingly wearable unless you have very thin wrists

waiting for it to be repped!

Say, does the blue look a bit different from their LPP blue? To me, the dial colour in this pic looks just like the ZF dials on the LPP reps. Could this be a match made in heaven for IWC replica enthusiasts? :w00t:

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Ok guys, I understand, you need a smaller watch, 46 is not for everyone.

But, my question is, why the hell would anybody still call it the BIG PILOT? It ain't big anymore, it's the same size now that the regular pilot watch was. I really don't get it :)

Wysłane z mojego motorola edge przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: Cosmograph2

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
Ok guys, I understand, you need a smaller watch, 46 is not for everyone.

But, my question is, why the hell would anybody still call it the BIG PILOT? It ain't big anymore, it's the same size now that the regular pilot watch was. I really don't get it :)

The regular pilot is 40. For me 43 is a big watch. Pehaps the 46 should have been called the Huge Pilot?

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
The regular pilot is 40. For me 43 is a big watch. Pehaps the 46 should have been called the Huge Pilot?
No, it has been called the BP for years, it came from an oversized watch and it was supposed to be like that. If you make it smaller now, the name does not make sense anymore, it's not the same watch.
IMO that's a bad marketing decision.

And btw, the Pilot Chronos were 43 mm till now.

dlqx48

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/17
Any news on this? I asked a couple of ADs and it seems like no-one has plans to bring in this model any time soon (correct me if I'm wrong).