• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Top Gun Mojave Edition : no love ?

mini-mad

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/12
France
Back in 2019, IWC release the Pilot Chronograph Top Gun Mojave edition in a beautiful sand color, but my research shows very little about this being ever repped...

What are you guys's thoughts about it, will we ever see a factory taking a shot at this one? They already have a solid rep of the black top gun with seconds at six (IW389101), so the Mojave edition sounds well within reach?
Then again, coming up with a sand-coloured ceramic case requires maybe more work than there is a market for?
Let me hear your thoughts!

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Back in 2019, IWC release the Pilot Chronograph Top Gun Mojave edition in a beautiful sand color, but my research shows very little about this being ever repped...

What are you guys's thoughts about it, will we ever see a factory taking a shot at this one? They already have a solid rep of the black top gun with seconds at six (IW389101), so the Mojave edition sounds well within reach?
Then again, coming up with a sand-coloured ceramic case requires maybe more work than there is a market for?
Let me hear your thoughts!
Coming up with a sand color ceramic for 1 or 2 models? I don't think so.

Wysłane z mojego motorola edge przy użyciu Tapatalka

spursian

Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
It's actually a very beautiful piece. I managed to snag a gen two years ago but sold it to fund the latest Top Gun.

IMG-20210506-155409.jpg

Reactions: Micha-IN

mini-mad

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/12
France
That's such a beautiful piece, thank you for sharing!

Out of curiosity, how did you like the silicone mix strap?

spursian

Supporter
Certified
1/7/14
The strap is horrible. My dealer managed to get me the fabric version instead.

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk

Unkown07

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
30/5/21
I love the sand strap. A very beautiful watch

Micha-IN

Known Member
4/4/12
Germany
the replicated the Miramar Versions... maybe the light sand color is not that easy?

Last edited:

zenmaster

Known Member
21/8/09
i want one too, but i guess it's got no love from the factories.

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
the replicated the Miramar Versions... maybe the light sand color is not that easy?
The Miramar versions come in black ceramic, so material that is used on many reps from different brands, so no surprise there IMO.

I really doubt they will rep the Mojave, IWC is not as popular as for example Rolex amongst reps, and the sand color ceramic is used on how many models? 3?

Micha-IN

Known Member
4/4/12
Germany
The Miramar versions come in black ceramic, so material that is used on many reps from different brands, so no surprise there IMO.

I really doubt they will rep the Mojave, IWC is not as popular as for example Rolex amongst reps, and the sand color ceramic is used on how many models? 3?

Looks like, we have to buy the gen...

Gesendet von meinem SM-N976B mit Tapatalk