• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does this Big Pilot make my a$$ look big?

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Looks great, I got one on the way too!

Wysłane z mojego motorola edge przy użyciu Tapatalka

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19
Sweet! Looks great on you mate. Which factory/model is this?

Last edited:

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I remember buying a Parnis 47mm thinking it will be massive. Once it came I saw its a size which works for my wrist size almost perfect. I been waiting to order this one and a Fifty Fathoms but ill wait a bit do to more raids.

lucadotti

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Sweet! Looks great on you mate. Which factory/model is this?

This is a ZF factory 5009 01. It is my favorite Big Pilot, so worked out well for me as this is considered a "Super Rep" as well as "NWBIG" (not worth buying if gen). It is dangerously accurate and feels every bit worth $10k. Pretty nuts. I would highly highly highly recommend!

lucadotti

Now put a 2XAR crystal on it to make it complete :cool:

I am so tempted! I am currently enjoying it in its out the box state. It really leaves nothing to be desired in the xtal dept, but I know it's hard to know you have a problem before seeing something better lol. I've handled a handful of Big Pilots in my day and nothing jumps out or would even raise a flag to me regarding this. I will eventually be a total nerd and upgrade the xtal, though. :p

lucadotti

I remember buying a Parnis 47mm thinking it will be massive. Once it came I saw its a size which works for my wrist size almost perfect. I been waiting to order this one and a Fifty Fathoms but ill wait a bit do to more raids.

As stated in my replies above, I cannot recommend this enough. Compared to a gen Big Pilot, its apples and a slightly different apple. So worth it. Nothing about this watch makes sense for me as I am a 5 digit Rolex guy through and through, but after seeing it around so much and feeling the need to have an aviation watch in my collection aside from my pepsi... naturally this happened. Still not a big watch guy, which is ironic considering this is THE big watch. lol.

Reactions: EuroTime25

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
I have one, it’s a really nice watch and would even recommend it for smaller wrists, although your gonna have to get a custom strap made like I did. I must have the smallest wrist here (14.5cm) but I still think it looks fine on me and love the look.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Man you got a lot of junk in that truck. Haha.

Watch looks great on you. I miss having one in my collection! It’s BIG but it just works

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
Mine wanted to say hello
8c091b00d01ed36424869bbf2096fe6f.jpg
6c89f5fec212943ce24fa362ef58ad48.jpg
6424dc93403b257d960f5255e0f0a942.jpg
ab061b92c915e3dfce51bd3d55f93d37.jpg

Wysłane z mojego motorola edge przy użyciu Tapatalka

Cybermorph

Known Member
27/8/19
Just kidding guys. Not looking for feedback. I just wanted to show off my junk. I'm NOT into big watches, but man, I love this piece. ZF IWC BP with functional PR. If you enjoy please leave a like, or don't!
I love that watch and ordered it myself and would you believe someone ripped me off? Stole it. Not sure if they thought it was real maybe they did it's so authentic looking

Sent from my GM1925 using Tapatalk

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Just kidding guys. Not looking for feedback. I just wanted to show off my junk. I'm NOT into big watches, but man, I love this piece. ZF IWC BP with functional PR. If you enjoy please leave a like, or don't!
ZvuFmL.png
ZvuRcQ.png
ZvuNwS.png
ZvuGCR.png

Is that the IWC0259 - Big Pilot 5009 SS/LE ZF Factory?

Last edited:

nimbus9

Horology Curious
10/5/21
Very nice! I would think that since it's so big, it'll make your ass look small. ;)

lucadotti

Is that the IWC0259 - Big Pilot 5009 SS/LE ZF Factory?

Hmm... I am not sure if it is the IWC0259. As that isn't listed on the original sales link from the M2M I bought it from. They listed this https://www.intime05.co/iwc/2580-bi...lack-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a521111.html

I wanted a 5009-01 and ZF makes the "NWBIG", so I pulled the trigger on it. It has a functional power reserve and the presence blows me away. I can't imagine paying $10K for the gen when this feels as good as I could imagine a pilot's watch would feel.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Hmm... I am not sure if it is the IWC0259. As that isn't listed on the original sales link from the M2M I bought it from. They listed this https://www.intime05.co/iwc/2580-bi...lack-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a521111.html

I wanted a 5009-01 and ZF makes the "NWBIG", so I pulled the trigger on it. It has a functional power reserve and the presence blows me away. I can't imagine paying $10K for the gen when this feels as good as I could imagine a pilot's watch would feel.

Yea looks like the same watch. I contacted Andrew and he told me to check in few weeks for the ZF factory may start again. There is a ZF AP I want too.