• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Big Pilot

Kronkel

Looking Around
14/1/21
As you all know, the ZF factory was raided not to long ago. I've been eyeing this watch for a long time, and I pulled the trigger back in January. I finally got the QC photos and they look good to me. I wanted to post them here, 1) to get some feedback on the watch and 2) to reinsure any future buyers that ZF factory is still producing quality.

Lebaron

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/9/16
Hi Kronkel,
It's look so nice, and as you mention, the quality looks great, tell us when you get it ;-)

donkacper

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
3 o'clock marker is a little crooked, a common problem with ZF's IWC

Wysłane z mojego motorola edge przy użyciu Tapatalka

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14

I think the whole dial is not centered. Look at the triangle/12 marker, is not even centered.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Kronkel

Looking Around
14/1/21
So what's your issue with the watch? :rulez:

I personally have no issues with the watch, I wanted to post it for the community to see some recent ZF work. Since its here, it doesn't hurt to get another pair of eyes on it or different point of view on it.

Reactions: chrgod

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
The date is definitely not cantered. I bought one in December and mine is great, love it and wear it daily! Quality is excellent as wel.

Reactions: apollo24 and cap923

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
The date is definitely not cantered. I bought one in December and mine is great, love it and wear it daily! Quality is excellent as wel.
Date not being centered is a known issue for these big pilot reps, nothing new.

Patsanchik

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/6/18
Canada
Considering how excited members get about qc pics being posted with request for general review, I find it remarkable how much unsolicited critique is being given on the watch! :ashame::whistle::lol3:

And thanks Kronkel for showing that your td was in fact able to source zf product. :thumbup:

Reactions: Screwtape

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Considering how excited members get about qc pics being posted with request for general review, I find it remarkable how much unsolicited critique is being given on the watch! :ashame::whistle::lol3:

:

That's why RWI discourages these types of QC posts.....everybody is an expert.

donkacper

Patron
Certified
17/11/17
EU
That's why RWI discourages these types of QC posts.....everybody is an expert.
Didn't OP ask for some feedback on the watch?

Could have just informed us that ZF is still delivering watches to the dealers.

Patsanchik

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/6/18
Canada

Could have just informed us that ZF is still delivering watches to the dealers.

Oh yeah, true... I will admit that in my haste to make a wisecrack, I was mistaken about the lack of solicitation. :poster_oops:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
He said "I finally got the QC photos and they look good to me.". The rules are really simple in this case: accept it and show pictures afterwards to share your excitement.

bukkupke

Supporter
8/7/14
ATX

I have a gen dial (blistered and labeled from IWC) in my ZF model and it looks the same. Something about the curve of the power reserve window and the edge of the dial behind it always make it look like it's fanning to one side.

LiquidLT

12/11/18
Ordered the same watch and still waiting for QC(4 weeks and counting), did OP get the watch delivered? Would be great to share some on wrist pictures :thumbsup:

LiquidLT

12/11/18
I noticed on other ZF pilots that the black dial seems too smooth, not as grainy/gritty/rough as gen. Is it the same on the big pilot rep? 500916 and 500901? Many thanks

Last edited: