• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Cousteau Tribute to Calypso with Swiss ETA

NORing

Horology Curious
19/2/07
Hi,

Long time since I've written anything here. I just started looking at my replica watch colection again. All watches mostly been sitting in the watch box since I bought a GEN Panarai back in 2014. I've been going back and forth between PAM and Omega PO GEN since. I did however use the IWC Cousteau (in headline) on and off for years, as I really liked it. I bought 1 with A7750 and 2 each that had Swiss ETA from dealer directly. These were 800-1000 USD each back then if i remember correctly. I do not remember who sold them, and can't find the info for it in old emails. I have one thats like it was when it was new, with the blue rubber band. I also bought the metal band of high quality, but i think that was seperatly. Looks amazing and feels amazing. The other one needs some work and the "asian" I sold years ago. I was just interested in who sold them back then, and if anyone remembers if it was ever confirmed being real swiss ETA. The one thats working, still beats like my originals and is the most impressive replica I've had ever.

NORing
IWC

Last edited:

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Post a photo of the movement and we can confirm swiss eta 7750 or not.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Yes take a close up of the movement by the balance wheel will tell us if it’s a genuine ETA Valjoux.

Years back the H factory offered some of their IWC, Chopard, PAM chrono models with a Swiss ETA 7750 in the $800 range. I had bought a PAM Daylight 188 chrono with Swiss ETA..

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
BTW the metal bracelet goes beautifully with the blue Cousteau dial ;)

NORing

Horology Curious
19/2/07
Thanks guys! I'll take it to my cabin this week where I have my watch tools and pop it open. (A special thanks to you for pointing out the bracelet/color combo. I agree;) I have a few watches really that was bought with ''genuine" parts through the years I was collecting that would be nice to have confirmed. When I put my hobby on "the shelf', a lot of the knowledge and references got lost with it. I guess different times calls for different focuses...Things are not what they were 10-15 years ago.

Reactions: gheo83

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Let me know if you ever want to sell/trade yours.

Reactions: NORing

NORing

Horology Curious
19/2/07

Sorry for the bad quality, forgot my camera and had to use my phone. But guess you should be able to see the difference.

NORing

Horology Curious
19/2/07
Hi guys. Did anyone have a look at these photos or do you need better quality?

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
Yes, true ETA 7750 from what can be seen of the movement. I do not think the chinese factories would swap inner parts that can not be easily seen without some further disassembly of the movement, but who knows. One thing I do know for a fact is the posts of the chrono hands have a different size (diameter) on the chinese A7750, so that replica hands won't fit the ETA 7750 without some modification.