• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nice straps for IWC watches

SgtFigRed

Looking Around
4/1/21
Disclaimer: I have yet to receive my first reps.

Seems to be a consensus on the forum that most times, straps aren't great on reps (IWC included). I'm a IWC sucker and after having a few gens in my hand, those straps do feel great, thick leather, stylish, match perfectly the watch etc. But I'm not inclined to buy a gen strap that costs as much or more than the reps I'm ordering :p

What's the place/website you use to order good quality straps, that match well IWC watches, pilots in particular?

I don't mind to pay around $50 (or even a bit more) if it will enhance the whole watch!

Thanks!

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Wow those look great! I might have to increase my budget haha

The rep straps on the black ceramic are virtually indistinguishable from the gen in my opinion. I actually ordered one and was rather miffed that,
1. None of the gen straps come with a 75mm short side (all 55mm) annoying when you have larger wrists.
2. It was indistinguishable from the rep strap at nearly $300 (it was sold on m2m)
Again, in my opinion, the next "Must" mod is getting 2XAR on your IWC, since the gen has it. It's like night and day, especially on my ceramic one. :cool:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
If you're in the EU, I got mine from Kaufmann. They also offer bent strap ends for a small upcharge.

parklanephil

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
4/6/14
I have a guy in Europe who makes all my custom straps, he’s a genius and very reasonable. If you want his info let me know

Reactions: mech500

studio1one

28/10/10
I find the ZF portuguiser straps unbearable. They are so plastic and cheap. I recently bought a franken 41mm pilot from a member here which is a beautiful watch but was on a standard rep quality canvas strap. I bought a really nice handmade thick leather strap for it and it's like a different watch. Sits nicer on the wrist, feels more solid and just has a premium feel it didn't on a rep strap.

I agree ar is important on an IWC but with a few notable exceptions the strap is the first thing I'm changing