• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 IW327006 out.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Thanks for this!

If I'm understanding correctly, they changed the movement in the V7F to use SW300 instead of the ETA 2892...?

I wonder why they would do that.

I really no nothing in movement, but I believe v7 2892 ETA .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

repduck

Horology Curious
18/8/21
If I'm understanding correctly, they changed the movement in the V7F to use SW300 instead of the ETA 2892...?
Where does he say that? I can't find it but I'm also using a translator as I don't speak Chinese. Haven't heard of this info anywhere else, are you sure?

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Where does he say that? I can't find it but I'm also using a translator as I don't speak Chinese. Haven't heard of this info anywhere else, are you sure?

He says it when he's talking about the movement functions (not sure the time mark). He says they updated it, so it is now quieter when winding - "less sandy". It still functions exactly the same as the 2892.

I also checked this with a TD and they confirmed there is an SW300 version (allegedly Swiss) but it sells for around $600.

repduck

Horology Curious
18/8/21
He says it when he's talking about the movement functions (not sure the time mark). He says they updated it, so it is now quieter when winding - "less sandy". It still functions exactly the same as the 2892.

I also checked this with a TD and they confirmed there is an SW300 version (allegedly Swiss) but it sells for around $600.

I see, thanks for the information! I went for the normal A2892 and will switch it out if it dies.

Would it be against the rules to post my QCs only for the express purpose of identifying whether the case has the "old" or "new" finishing? Or could/should I DM them to you LuminorReptar ?
(I will GL even if the finishing is off though, as I don't really think it looks much worse and it won't be compared next to gen, but I'd be curious if this is a batch issue.)

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Case color seems to look different also the texture, comparing to mine from earlier this year. However hands lume color seem to be better?

I can confirm that it has an A2892 inside and it's decorated. Working great and holding good time.

Afaik the gen uses a SW300 which is the ETA 2892 pendant.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Something wrong with makers, different parts different reps different suppliers.

pf78

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Did someone managed to get both the v7 and GSF?

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Gen vs V7 factory dial and date disc. Gen has the more 'matte' finished dial, as well as the more matte finished date disc. Gen is awesome, but potentially not worth the upgrade. The AR on the crystal from V7 suuuuuuucks lol.

jqDhQc.jpg

^^ Gen dial/date disc with green strap, V7 with brown strap
jqDKWI.jpg

^^ V7 factory
jqDzdj.jpg

^^ Gen dial/Date disc in MKF (I think) case.
jqDjI1.jpg

^^ Gen
jogguK.jpg

^^ V7
jogcn8.jpg

^^ Gen
jogVhR.jpg

^^ V7
jqDZZv.jpg

^^ Gen date disc on right
jqD3x4.jpg

^^ Gen date disc on top.
jogxfL.jpg

^^ Gen Lume triangle
jogbQQ.jpg

^^ V7 lume triangle - looks REALLY good!
jog0US.jpg

^^ V7 on left, gen on right
jogGxW.jpg

^^ Gen on right
jogFXP.jpg

^^ Gen on right

Conclusions:

Pros:
- Lume triangle is excellent
- Overall dial presentation (fonts, lume, markers, spacing) is good
- Date disc font is near perfect

Cons:
- Dial texture is less defined, and more non-existent. Gen has a nice raised matte texture.
- Date disc on gen has narrower ink width, and higher matte texturing

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Gen vs V7 factory dial and date disc. Gen has the more 'matte' finished dial, as well as the more matte finished date disc. Gen is awesome, but potentially not worth the upgrade. The AR on the crystal from V7 suuuuuuucks lol.

jqDhQc.jpg

^^ Gen dial/date disc with green strap, V7 with brown strap
jqDKWI.jpg

^^ V7 factory
jqDzdj.jpg

^^ Gen dial/Date disc in MKF (I think) case.
jqDjI1.jpg

^^ Gen
jogguK.jpg

^^ V7
jogcn8.jpg

^^ Gen
jogVhR.jpg

^^ V7
jqDZZv.jpg

^^ Gen date disc on right
jqD3x4.jpg

^^ Gen date disc on top.
jogxfL.jpg

^^ Gen Lume triangle
jogbQQ.jpg

^^ V7 lume triangle - looks REALLY good!
jog0US.jpg

^^ V7 on left, gen on right
jogGxW.jpg

^^ Gen on right
jogFXP.jpg

^^ Gen on right

Conclusions:

Pros:
- Lume triangle is excellent
- Overall dial presentation (fonts, lume, markers, spacing) is good
- Date disc font is near perfect

Cons:
- Dial texture is less defined, and more non-existent. Gen has a nice raised matte texture.
- Date disc on gen has narrower ink width, and higher matte texturing

Thanks, what’s exactly need to update to be more gen like.

pf78

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Managed to get the GSF, other than the puffiness of the lume I think it’s a decent rep

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
A little late to the party on this one but just picked up the m+f version recently on m2m and wondered if the v7f was an upgrade? The dial printing looks better on the v7f photos. Lots of talk about the GSF version but no mention of m+f.

Teetertank

Known Member
4/5/22
UK
Does anyone know about the finish of the hands on this watch. Presumably the original has heat-blued hands. Do any of the reps also thermally blue the hands or are they chemically dyed? The pictures beautifully taken by majwilliams0308 show a subtle difference between the hand colour of gen and rep, but it's one of those things that you really need to catch in the light to see.