• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling IWC for strap?

GenAndTonic

Looking Around
6/4/19
Has anyone called IWC to get a gen strap when they don’t have a gen watch? Do they ask for serial numbers?

I have huge hands and can barely squeeze my hand through the ZF-5009 standard black alligator strap. I want to buy the gen XL strap in brown.

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
I searched in vain for a large band with a 75mm short side strap. They all, even the XL, come with a 55mm short side strap, which makes the buckle sit on the side of the wrist. Annoying as hell. I just got one from gunny and another 2 from vic on 3 of my Big Pilots. Let me know if you actually find a gen with 75mm short side.

Cybermorph

Known Member
27/8/19
I searched in vain for a large band with a 75mm short side strap. They all, even the XL, come with a 55mm short side strap, which makes the buckle sit on the side of the wrist. Annoying as hell. I just got one from gunny and another 2 from vic on 3 of my Big Pilots. Let me know if you actually find a gen with 75mm short side.
I have an 8 in or 22 cm wrist I guess that's a large... so the same issue and I'll be needing to find a new strap as well. I will let you know

Sent from my GM1925 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Copterguy

DkHelmet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/20
Southeast PA, US
I'm cursed with a 8.75" wrist. I got a custom leather job made to order from Ziczac. It took a little while but worked out just fine. The colors might not come out well with my iphone and the ceiling lamps, but it's a deep blue that almost matches the hands. In retrospect I'd have gone longer than 135/65.

Not to shill, but I'm happy. $59 USD.

Peekman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/3/20
I have bought several straps without the watch. No problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Gen are nice but boring colour wise... if you have that kind of budget there are many options out there to have an amazing strap done by a strap maker. I personally have used Orloff (Italy) and Jean Rousseau (France) for my gen IWC

1fbd5b2c6015ea24d2897a43c45943a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk