• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My thoughts on: the IWC Mark XVIII by MKS Factory, Miyota 9015

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
You dont like the hue of the blue? Have you seen my pictures? Its not going to get much better than that blue. Looks amazing. The only blue that looks better is a gen Rolex 116613/116618LB.

It's a bit too "bright" for me on some photos. It's a very nice colour for sure, but not completely for me. I prefer a darker blue.

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16
Which Is the BEST black dial version?

I don’t want Miyota mov.

Thanks

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Which Is the BEST black dial version?
I don’t want Miyota mov.
Thanks

Why dont you want a Miyota? The Miyota 9015 is one of the best movements you can get at its price point. Its very very very stable and accurate. Much more than my ETA ones. I've got watches now with a Miyota9015 running perfectly for a long long time with not a single service. They are awesome movements.

Last edited:
Reactions: thenut

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16
Why dont you want a Miyota? The Miyota 9015 is one of the best movements you can get at its price point. Its very very very stable and accurate. Much more than my ETA ones. I've got watches now with a Miyota9015 running perfectly for a long long time with not a single service. They are awesome movements.

Sorry

I can't stand rotor noise

I would prefer Asian movements

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
My TD just told me that this watch is out of stock :( Will have to look for a replacement now.

ellocity

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/10/19
Italy
Nice too I want the one with the blue dial, but looking I saw that the factory version V7F with the Swiss ETA-2892-2 21J movement is available (https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brands/iwc/pilot- watch / mark-series-67 / mark-xviii-v7f-1-1-best-edition-blue-dial-on-ss-bracelet-swiss-eta2892.html) and I wanted to ask you if it's worth it compared to the MKS factory with miyota

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I've got the black dial v7f with the a2892 and it is very nice. The only real flaw (for the black dial) is the bezel is polished instead of brushed (they have used the one from the LPP). From the research I did the v7f I think is better than the mkf but is a bit more expensive

Reactions: museguy

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
This watch to me makes no noise I can hear on a normal everyday basis. but if you go looking for noise, you will hear noise. I once had a quartz wall clock in the bedroom, if you concentrate u hear tick tick tick tick. .drove me nuts, if I dont listen for it, I dont hear it, but at night when everything is quiet. tick tick tick, so I got the silent quartz clock and replaced it.. now if I concentrate, I hear wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
I've got the black dial v7f with the a2892 and it is very nice. The only real flaw (for the black dial) is the bezel is polished instead of brushed (they have used the one from the LPP)

that is easy to fix, cut a strip of sandpaper the size of the bezel and go around it in circles a little bit. I like scotch brite pads for that, but its not really precision thing

Reactions: museguy

ellocity

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/10/19
Italy
This watch to me makes no noise I can hear on a normal everyday basis. but if you go looking for noise, you will hear noise. I once had a quartz wall clock in the bedroom, if you concentrate u hear tick tick tick tick. .drove me nuts, if I dont listen for it, I dont hear it, but at night when everything is quiet. tick tick tick, so I got the silent quartz clock and replaced it.. now if I concentrate, I hear wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Ahahah, You're right if you look for it you find it

Inviato dal mio MRD-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

ellocity

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/10/19
Italy
that is easy to fix, cut a strip of sandpaper the size of the bezel and go around it in circles a little bit. I like scotch brite pads for that, but its not really precision thing
You also have some remedies for sharp edges?

ellocity

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/10/19
Italy
oh yeah, this watch came with sharp edges, I just used wet 2000 grit sandpaper and put a bevel on the edge. a tiny tiny bevel.
I'll try it thanks for the tip

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK

I have thought about that about making a pad the width of the bezel and doing that but to be honest I like the polished bezel. The a2892 is very quiet and much nicer to wind than the various 2824, 2836 clones and 9015 I have in my other reps.
20201217-081739.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: museguy and miscusi

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
The guys complaining about the Miyota noise, firstly its easy to fix. You can search on here for how to quiet down Miyota rotor noise and its like a 15min job. You just need the right oil.

Secondly the one I have (in fact all the miyota I've had) doesnt seem loud at all. There is no way I can hear it in normal situations. If your in a dead silent room and you purposely twist your wrist to make the rotor spin then yes you will hear it. You guys obvously have never owned a gen Rolex with the newer movements then? They are all ball bearing so they make more noise to me than the Miyota. LOL

Last edited:

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
I just tried for a whole minute, and I dont hear jack squat. I do hear jacket sleeve rubbing noise, bracelet clanking noise, music from the TV, ppl doing things, the sound of the air coming out of the vents, the dog outside, but nothing from the rotor.