• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My thoughts on: the IWC Mark XVIII by MKS Factory, Miyota 9015

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
I can't tell you anything about the bezel, on the black one it's already brushed and I didn't feel the need to do anything there. For the bracelet - I disassembled the bracelet, which is quite easy on this one, and dragged the polished parts across scotch brite in straigh lines for about 10 times on each side. That's it. It's no rocket science and if you screw up, you are probably always able to fix it again. For trying it you can also take a spare link first.

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
jA23Hj.jpg

MKS + 2AR xtal
And some dust lol

Last edited:

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
about the scothbrite, i get a fresh new pad, and masking tape it flat on a table, then I be sure to drag the bracelet in as straignt a line as posibe across it

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I have this blue dial version by MKS factory. I'm thinking to add prof crystal as I get lot of reflection. Do anyone of think it is worth? I would rather do it only underside - does anyone do that? in CONUS?

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
I have this blue dial version by MKS factory. I'm thinking to add prof crystal as I get lot of reflection. Do anyone of think it is worth? I would rather do it only underside - does anyone do that? in CONUS?
Prof is in USA. I can only recommend it (2xAR). See also post no.7

Reactions: MarkMarky

ttbb281

Horology Curious
27/7/17
Looks fantastic. Does the black dial look dark grey/slightly grainy in strong light like the gen does?

Reactions: blackawd