• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My first IWC ... Mark XVI

mark2828

Renowned Member
4/11/16
UK
I finally after 3 years of being a member of RWI and looking at IWC as a brand picked up a Mark XVI

IWC fell off my radar after discovering this forum as I made my way through various Rolex and Omegas and some others thrown in along the way .. all with the same outcome that I sold them and I have petty much just stayed with gen watches for a good while

then the IWC Mark series popped on my radar again and this one appeared on the M2M sales threads

first impressions is it’s pretty nice , the strap is not so good but I will change that

it has the styling that I was after , I was thinking of picking up a Laco Flieger but ultimately went for this

I’m pretty happy with it ... and might actually keep this one

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
Nice pictures, those Rep Marks models seems very well made.
I like that they don’t attract attention, like other brands do, at least not that much. Dials are simple with beautiful design.
Enjoy and wear it in good health.

Reactions: mark2828

mark2828

Renowned Member
4/11/16
UK
That’s what appeals to me , I own mainly vintage omega watches but don’t like to wear them on a daily basis so was looking for a nice clean design

I just felt a bit odd and self conscious wearing a Rolex I couldn’t feel comfortable so for me IWC flys under the radar a little bit more

Darklite69

Renowned Member
28/12/13
God I love these...... if you decide to sell please reserve it for me!!

SteveMcQueen1930

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/5/19
I have some gen Mark XVI parts here which are looking for a new housing. Does anybody know, where a Mark XVI rep is still available?

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
TheController : I have this Mark XVI middle case left. But I will also put up my Mark XVI with gen dial / hands / crown up in the sales section soon to fund another project.

Thank you for the feedback - I would be interested in the details and will write you separately to not overcrowd this thread.