• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sick of buying bad quality reps...

IWCadmirer

Looking Around
11/8/20
Hi,

I've recently been ripped off, again, by an online seller sending me a terrible rep. He even sent me videos, etc., and what I received was rubbish.

I now have 4 different clones, in varying terrible quality, of the Portuguese.

I just really want the best quality rep available, so I've joined here (should have done this a long time ago ????). I looked through the sticky and there's only old links.

Where can I find info on the best quality Portuguese rep (exact model doesn't matter, I just want as close to the real thing as possible), and is there a reliable merchant?

Many thanks!

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
At the top bar you will see a hyperlink to Trusted Dealers. All have been vetted. Do some reading and searched and browsing the TDs available watches. All have a search feature on the TD sites.

IWCadmirer

Looking Around
11/8/20
Thanks, will do.

I was hoping a user with experience could comment on which reps they thought were best.

DannyTheDoberman

Renowned Member
17/11/16
U.K
All reps have flaws/tells.
You will have to compare and decide which are more important to you personally.
It’s a bit like asking which car is best, it’s down to your own preference.
Good luck and happy researching

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Danii

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
Are you referring to high quality reps but with crappy QC or are you buying canal street quality reps? Big difference in the two.

If you are buying the YLF/ZF reps and are referring to QC issues well that is a very very very common thing with ZF. Shittest QC I've ever seen on a rep maker to be brutally honest. Dust on dials, dirt on hands, alignment issues galore, DWs not lining up, hands not set properly, movements so dirty its barely running etc etc....

Reactions: miscusi

Bokthoi

4/9/17
Most IWC reps from ZF/YLF are pretty fantastic, I've the annual calendar Portuguese and big pilot watches, as well as owned the pilot chronos.

As said above there are various threads within the IWC section here for reviews photos etc. Should get you on the right track.

studio1one

28/10/10
Personally I love the zf annual calender blue dial but that doesn't mean it's the best, it means I like it the most. Your mileage may vary. Always get it serviced.

Giallo

Horology Curious
25/7/20
Hi,

I've recently been ripped off, again, by an online seller sending me a terrible rep. He even sent me videos, etc., and what I received was rubbish.

I now have 4 different clones, in varying terrible quality, of the Portuguese.

I just really want the best quality rep available, so I've joined here (should have done this a long time ago ????). I looked through the sticky and there's only old links.

Where can I find info on the best quality Portuguese rep (exact model doesn't matter, I just want as close to the real thing as possible), and is there a reliable merchant?

Many thanks!

same here mate
try to find out what to buy, already read a lot of posts here, but still confusing.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
same here mate
try to find out what to buy, already read a lot of posts here, but still confusing.

What TD's website did you look at? What is your budget for the high-quality Rep? All the TD's here are safe to use. Each has a different personality. It all depends on what you value. Your choices are price, speed, and quality. In general, for a high-quality Rep you will spend $300 to $450. Did you read Puretime's Mechanics I and II? These are in Puretime's TD section here on RWI. When I first joined I spent months reading before I knew what I was doing. You are buying illegal counterfeit watches ...it is not Amazon Prime service. You will be amazed at the help you will receive if you do your homework

Reactions: saucin

Giallo

Horology Curious
25/7/20
What TD's website did you look at? What is your budget for the high-quality Rep? All the TD's here are safe to use. Each has a different personality. It all depends on what you value. Your choices are price, speed, and quality. In general, for a high-quality Rep you will spend $300 to $450. Did you read Puretime's Mechanics I and II? These are in Puretime's TD section here on RWI. When I first joined I spent months reading before I knew what I was doing. You are buying illegal counterfeit watches ...it is not Amazon Prime service. You will be amazed at the help you will receive if you do your homework

Hi tkingjr , i am very informed that here is not amazon prime , i dont mean to be arrogant or disrespectful about the work and time that persons spend here writing posts and detail Infos about TD and watches. The thing i am trying to point out is that for newbies like me the infos is a bit confusing.
Consesual list and sales section is the most helpful threads for me.

Regards

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Hi tkingjr , i am very informed that here is not amazon prime , i dont mean to be arrogant or disrespectful about the work and time that persons spend here writing posts and detail Infos about TD and watches. The thing i am trying to point out is that for newbies like me the infos is a bit confusing.
Consesual list and sales section is the most helpful threads for me.

Regards
For the first few months, it is confusing. I was a complete noob 4 years ago. I made plenty of mistakes. Here is a link to Trusty.

https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=30_189

I have 6 IWC Reps. 4 from ZF, 1 from V6F, and 1 from YLF. The YLF is the Annual. ZF makes very good watches but their QC sucks. You have to make sure the markers are not crooked or other sloppy mistakes. I used Trusty for the link because his search engine is better. believe it or not, sometimes Google works better to find posts on RWI.

I have used Marvellous Replica, Puretime, Trusty, and Perfect Clones, during my first 6 months as a member of RWI. Then I switched to Truetime168 (aka Lucy). I have used Lucy exclusively since. She is very slow but exceptional with QC. If my watch arrives in 8 weeks I am happy. If the watch is not in stock I keep my order in place till I get it. My longest wait was 2 years. I insisted on using DHL at my risk because I wanted the watch. It was seized by customs. Now I am waiting again since December 2019.

If you have any questions just ask. I have more experience with Breilting's but enjoy the IWC's. I also have two Big Pilot' Chrono and a Big Pilot Titanium both by ZF on order. The Chrono was originally ordered as a V6F watch but Lucy convinced me ZF was better.

Relax and enjoy this hobby,

JYK52800

Known Member
22/1/20
California
A good rule of thumb is that the bigger dealers like pure time and trusty will get you watches faster at the expense of QC. Smaller dealers usually have tighter standards especially if you have a good relationship with them but they also take longer.
I use Sead because he's reasonably quick and pretty good with QC but if you want the absolute best QCed ZF rep then a smaller dealer like Lucy might be the best option for you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: RonP and tkingjr

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
JYK52800 You are so correct. Lucy recently returned one of my ZF watches 6 times before she found it acceptable to show me the QC picks. I placed the order on March 6th. It is inbound now so about 1 more week till is see the little brown box.

JYK52800

Known Member
22/1/20
California
tkingjr I respect Lucy's strict standards but man, two years is a long time to wait for a rep. You are a patient man, sir.

PS, congrats on your recent raffle win. Let me know if its not your style, I'll take it off your hands :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Giallo

Horology Curious
25/7/20
For the first few months, it is confusing. I was a complete noob 4 years ago. I made plenty of mistakes. Here is a link to Trusty.

https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=30_189

I have 6 IWC Reps. 4 from ZF, 1 from V6F, and 1 from YLF. The YLF is the Annual. ZF makes very good watches but their QC sucks. You have to make sure the markers are not crooked or other sloppy mistakes. I used Trusty for the link because his search engine is better. believe it or not, sometimes Google works better to find posts on RWI.

I have used Marvellous Replica, Puretime, Trusty, and Perfect Clones, during my first 6 months as a member of RWI. Then I switched to Truetime168 (aka Lucy). I have used Lucy exclusively since. She is very slow but exceptional with QC. If my watch arrives in 8 weeks I am happy. If the watch is not in stock I keep my order in place till I get it. My longest wait was 2 years. I insisted on using DHL at my risk because I wanted the watch. It was seized by customs. Now I am waiting again since December 2019.

If you have any questions just ask. I have more experience with Breilting's but enjoy the IWC's. I also have two Big Pilot' Chrono and a Big Pilot Titanium both by ZF on order. The Chrono was originally ordered as a V6F watch but Lucy convinced me ZF was better.

Relax and enjoy this hobby,

A big thank you for your time tkingjr and all the useful info.