• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IWC Portuguese 5007 ZF from Intime

cxbxax

Horology Curious
21/5/20
I've only owned gens before iwc/panerai/breitling...discovered reddit rwi repgeek late may and became fascinated with these chinese-made machines that are almost 1:1 to the real thing. i miss most my 5001 so after doing careful research i chose intime for my first rep, a 5007. first thing ryan was top notch in service and communication. we had a problem with the first one that was RL (by him) but the second time was the charm and i took possession yesterday.

the anticipation was paid off as i was amazed by this rep, the weight and feel is pretty dead on, and the workmanship would rival lower brands like the laco/steinhart fliegers I've had. watch feels great on the wrist and so far running way better than my old 5001 (those movement were beautiful but weren't known for their accuracy). only thing that feels off is the stiffness of the deployant clasp, the crown extending too much, and the red paint of the PR reserve (which i noticed in the QC pics but you can't really tell in real life). I think I'm hooked and already bought a m2m pam 292 (while patiently waiting for a 210 or 183 to pop up).

FxjToUthiEPchUFAJ6FSg7kPSkOFzM8w2JjBdhAIzT4es8pfbjeAwlOov0TzCtyuRyTg3XHLAvW0lLZZSYSKP4rVLeUPaBYLFpqVi9lIPUX_PI4HfOzGzB4oKA_UDBMTg8c5yu2-K9rOffl8e5HGz-pqX86u2DVRzCPrEqJUsW5neR4JzOwDfpoTqIo_8zpBy91wh6DWt9vHlLI1xsXgqKXFTG_BmlwWNR4mUQgTVXAHyJ17Q722J6TT09MNml2tbQ_IDnWpOckz7Vwg-aUUXU9jmjVorArJZlK0t1Y6vX3rxZu9UmVc-RQu3S1XCwO6zlr1AQckXCx3GNguyRSI4g4MMpJ1H7yjJsFDw4MQTzZBWXPqqt6aHq-fuNbMkgu91i3PCHB5S-TnsL4y3WfCL5zQIHx8r-HJsvrWxkEXXmWiC5saBRYDnz8XbrqQw62ZjVHTWvOcnAX6QCRnW5elIISaO7T5vrJVFbu7dcnjjPFLQU1jgWk2Rix6CaZxfwcVrE_RphKBWcnSLBxE2Oao0rmRze33cKIbZ13-wjk21gaMiBbXhJ0X8VIp2o4vAolZMvKTxyWHQTQyeZ-lKJAU0WTURP9NqKNe_aoY1SXj3gC33zDODrVs4XljfffoTmDprk5H1v_3gTOf89qCYsKqXw2R9otxwAEJqc-BDveEvAeEswEc5QcOpwS3_UTSaQ=w352-h625-no

t2MNX6g-bqIdr-SjkF3rP0iyMlUQtHsmhi-jwj0UCoGNRp0k1zE-S5EI4a2KTh19lXOXb9NvwONFw3KE2WKgyB00UIIr_qwWM_rZna6OAzo9UxfYmAgGXXgfBjStQVxv5EP7IWM5Hz2MQjXRaPAEH7WUaR5YjdiwOtAp3kv2rb9gRuB1RGaypA8zItAMhRifQb9ubhHDwAMx45SJttvZf19lfihvo0LPpQLfFksVDV0eBAnFnYdi7NyKexhEnZuJETU1j5llNM5L-d4uEJTGvdGH4mTnvHAAfwR9nelvAcuCSuxci7nZyu0VvNjdleptbhmlDIT-DJA_nb3uNS39ycg3VN8XayLe-3JRKaQERfCy1lEjEZluZ87SuloywD-Y_zW1oDegYv0S5tiSk8qwtc3Q5ySpKF4V4SflTADJi-LVek7j6WamYgpYBdz4LoNVoWr_f1WEuQPCsRAxdr1viZgKB1LuCV3JBLkzQFD1WWc_HLcXVdmblnHZMwv2M6cbt7wycIyFdU0VAdOFWfFZ8abaVJoIsSUAk0JTo-jBqnM9Yjqc6d_A4hQRFJtyjBnGXd67fpBK6FBfnWgKyjr08_C6RhKpt2lNZWrFqDdiofquB1xiDJdpEnLRi0qSejuFy9_nlt9-apJJWPVFfDYXMG7RLL-zpSYo2jS62I5J0Vvj46RVp5npwzid-6guBQ=w352-h625-no

XCJDh2m

XCJDh2m.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickhardth

Rickhardth

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/20
This is useful stuff, thanks! I'm researching to buy one myself. Which version did you go for?

cxbxax

Horology Curious
21/5/20
This is useful stuff, thanks! I'm researching to buy one myself. Which version did you go for?

this is the v4. another thing i notice is when the PR is fully wind (between 5-7 days on the "3" subdial, the hand would be straight...as the PR winds down 3 days and below the hand would lower almost touching the dial. not sure if that's just this particular watch, whether it needs a servicing etc. i'll keep an eye on that going forward. watch is still running great well within COSC. however depending on how the watch rests the movement can go crazy, like when i leave the watch crown up i get something like +17sec in like 15 hours.

just minor musings on a $400 chinese watch, not complaints.

Rickhardth

23/6/20
Yeah, I am going for the v4 as well. Just wondering which one. I am gravitating towards the rose gold. The only thing holding me back is not knowing how the gold plating holds up. Not sure what to expect from replica gold plating...

I haven't seen anyone complaining about the PR sub-dial issue in the hundreds of posts I've read about this version. So, I guess it's not a common thing and you were just a bit unlucky with yours. But if it is a hand position issue, it should also be an easy fix when serviced. If your OCD can live with it until then :)

Weird that about the watch changing its accuracy depending on how it rests. I suppose you don't use a watch winder?

Sure, none of the things you mentioned would put me off pulling the trigger. I guess you have to be prepare to treat this as a hobby, and like any hobby, it involves spending money..

Last edited:

cxbxax

Horology Curious
21/5/20
i went with the classic blue/white. rose gold would be boss if you can pull it off, saw one m2m a couple weeks back and the RG still held up well. i like the SS/silver dial the best but that's a fantasy piece as that particular combo is only available with the white gold.

with the pr hand thing i'm thinking it could have something to do with the winding tension...more tension the hand is more upright, looser and it sags down...blah what you gonna do the v4 has been out for awhile so yea probably all these watches will need servicing sooner rather than later. what gets me is the servicing cost is like 1/3 or 1/4 the cost of the watch lol.

i don't have a watch winder...and yes depending on watch positioning that would affect the movement with respect to accurancy. i just didn't think it would fluctuate that much...of course not a surprise since these movements are not regulated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickhardth

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
i went with the classic blue/white. rose gold would be boss if you can pull it off, saw one m2m a couple weeks back and the RG still held up well. i like the SS/silver dial the best but that's a fantasy piece as that particular combo is only available with the white gold.

with the pr hand thing i'm thinking it could have something to do with the winding tension...more tension the hand is more upright, looser and it sags down...blah what you gonna do the v4 has been out for awhile so yea probably all these watches will need servicing sooner rather than later. what gets me is the servicing cost is like 1/3 or 1/4 the cost of the watch lol.

i don't have a watch winder...and yes depending on watch positioning that would affect the movement with respect to accurancy. i just didn't think it would fluctuate that much...of course not a surprise since these movements are not regulated.

Hey mate, welcome to the forum. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on this watch, but members here are greedy and what we want to see is some pictures ;)

Thanks in advance

Rickhardth

23/6/20

The blue/white version with a nice strap is something else!

Yeah, true! But when I think about the price for servicing the real ones... Probably by the time it needs servicing there will be a v5 and you can just upgrade with that money.