• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V6 Factory New Launch - Aquatimer Chronograph Sharks IW379506

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
I ordered the new Aquatimer bronce Charles Darwin 4 weeks ago. To be sure I also ordered a gen rubber strap at IWC.

Watch and gen strap received. I'm very satisfied by the rep watch quality and accuracy! This is a super-rep ootb.

The bezel mechanism is a little bit weak and I think shouldn't be used often. But works like the gen mechanism.

Movement I cannot tell, changing date and time works smooth, chrono is working, the rest will be shown by the time.

At the first sight the rep rubber strap isn't that bad compared to the gen. Some details are better on gen strap. The rep strap has a rubber smell, the gen strap has not.

The quick change mechanism is identical and so no problem to use the gen strap. The question is: is it worth 290€ for the gen strap? I think yes, but that's possibly my personal attitude in using gen straps where possible.

I think I found one flaw, which can be corrected with a steady hand and some silver color: the inner tube holding the chrono second counter hand is silver or brass colored at gen watch. At my rep it is black.

Gen pictures showing the silver tube:

Rep picture showing my tube:

Overall a very good rep!

To compare, gen strap is attached to the watch:

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
I little bit different in detail but the same principle. At least it should work because of the usage of standard stems between the lugs. Also a leather strap would fit.

Gesendet von iPhone 11 Pro mit Tapatalk

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
it looks amazing, the silver version, sharks editions its the same quality than the Darwin version?

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
I quickly had the sharks in hands, my bronze was sent directly to modder . Some my comments are based on the sharks one, but I trust thé Darwin one will be similar:

Rubber strap was decent upon first inspection , I did not wear the watch in hot weather though but it was ok for me.

Quality wise , it is a very good rep , feel substantial while wearable, definitely different from what is outthere, low profile but a good piece to start a conversation on...

The grey dial looks... good pushers , ratchet all nice.

I am getting a 2 AR treatment so let’s see when I get them back...

Where are you going to do the 2AR treatment?

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
Ordered my “Shark” today...can’t wait...was torn between a Shark or a Pilot classic, but the Pilot can wait as iv a Big Pilot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Micha-IN

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
higginsd Thank you for sharing some of your impressions of the watch. I was surprised to read that you consider the gen strap worth its steep price! I own one of these newest Aquatimers (the regular edition) and I believe the replica rubber strap is one of the best I've seen in many years of replica collecting.

Desmond20052000

21/3/17
The aquatimer is growing on me, the rubber strap and the way it seamlessly connect the watch. I'd love a PP rep but it's too eye-catchy so the aquatimer sounds like a good fit!

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
higginsd Thank you for sharing some of your impressions of the watch. I was surprised to read that you consider the gen strap worth its steep price! I own one of these newest Aquatimers (the regular edition) and I believe the replica rubber strap is one of the best I've seen in many years of replica collecting.

It's just the feeling: to know it's gen. There are also many very good Big Pliot gator straps on the market. None of them reaches the quality and accuracy of the gen IWC strap.

feet up

Horology Curious
21/10/19
This is a great rep. I have been thinking about getting the rubber strap version but would like to have a steel bracelet. Can't seem to find any genuine steel bracelets for sale.

Does anyone know if rep steel bracelets or genuine steel bracelets can be had?

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
I think there is no V2 because the link to "V1" does not work on his side. And I can't see any differences.