• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V6 Factory New Launch - Aquatimer Chronograph Sharks IW379506

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Just get it, you wont be disappointed

Sorry for the delay but watch on his way to modder for a 2 Xar crystal install , i have ordered teh Darwin as well that will get same treatment.

Ordered 2 extra straps ( 50 usd each) to have customed straps done for me with the quick release feature

Hoping to get them by mid october

Will post here sorry for delay, but they are that good !

I have tried the Gen Darwin at AD it is such a beautiful piece, best bronzo around in rep game so far... miles ahead pam 968 imo...

Who do you ship it to btw? In need of xtal treatments myself. Also, I can't seem to find the Darwin on any TDs site, where did you find it if I may ask?

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
getting the crystal from Prof , getting the watch from ken @ Chazing time

jttou

Last edited:
Reactions: jttou

Cosmograph2

Horology Curious
12/11/09
What are your initial thougths about Darwin (quality etc.)? It looks very nice - congratulations!

Last edited:

Micha-IN

Known Member
4/4/12
Germany
a similar great deal like the "sharks"
Bezel action is almost as smooth as the steel version. Bezel noise is as great as the sharks version.

I'm happy I got it, movement holds time very well.

Reactions: Cosmograph2

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
Ordered 2 extra straps ( 50 usd each) to have customed straps done for me with the quick release feature...

You mean customed rubber straps? Where do you get them? Any pictures?

My bronzo is on the way...

Gesendet von iPhone 11 Pro mit Tapatalk

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
You mean customed rubber straps? Where do you get them? Any pictures?

My bronzo is on the way...

I meant using the quick release system with diffrent matrial while keeping the same structure... watches with my modder at the moment will keep you guys posted asap :) cheers

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
a similar great deal like the "sharks"
Bezel action is almost as smooth as the steel version. Bezel noise is as great as the sharks version.

I'm happy I got it, movement holds time very well.

What about the rubber strap?

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
Hi guys, I'm interested in the shark version, what build quality is the watch? Are the chrono boots made of rubber?
the rubber strap is good?

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
The rubber strap quality is a good question...

My Aquatimer Darwin bronce is in transfer and I can tell something about the rubber quality after arrival of the watch. I hope it's acceptable.

If not, I'll chance to gen rubber strap. But this is only possible if the quick strap release fits to the gen mechanism.

Many questions, so less answers...

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
I really like the Shark model, I want to get hold of it, someone with the watch who can advise me.
Is the watch solid?
It's heavy?
How about the movement, is it noisy?
The sphere with the light, good impression?

All comments will be of great help

c0okie

18/7/15
I really like the Shark model, I want to get hold of it, someone with the watch who can advise me.
Is the watch solid?
It's heavy?
How about the movement, is it noisy?
The sphere with the light, good impression?

All comments will be of great help

I am still waiting for the second batch to come in.. first batch was pretty fast sold out, they expected new watches ealier but there seems to be a delay.
Hopefully they will be released at all.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
I quickly had the sharks in hands, my bronze was sent directly to modder . Some my comments are based on the sharks one, but I trust thé Darwin one will be similar:

Rubber strap was decent upon first inspection , I did not wear the watch in hot weather though but it was ok for me.

Quality wise , it is a very good rep , feel substantial while wearable, definitely different from what is outthere, low profile but a good piece to start a conversation on...

The grey dial looks... good pushers , ratchet all nice.

I am getting a 2 AR treatment so let’s see when I get them back...

Micha-IN

Known Member
4/4/12
Germany
Hi guys, I'm interested in the shark version, what build quality is the watch? Are the chrono boots made of rubber?
the rubber strap is good?
Yes the strap is very soft and of very good quality.

Chrono pusher and crown a rubberized.

The Darwin version has a rubberized "ring" at the edge of the case back.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N976B mit Tapatalk