• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking to buy my first rep, which trusted seller do you recommend during covid crisis?

KenzoMoDE

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/19
Hey y'all, been lurking and reading, learning...I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on mark 18 mks v2 with miyota 9015.

Times are crazy these days, so who do you guys recommend I buy from? Someone fast and reliable, willing to pick and choose to find me a good rep?

Thanks fam, stay healthy and safe

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Puretime, Trusty, or Intime. Buying any Rep is not fast. You need patience in this hobby. Factories are only partially open. The watch you pick may be out of stock. Go to Puretime's TD section on RWI and read the Mechanics of buying a Rep. The two posts will help you understand the process. The TD I use is very slow. It takes 6 weeks before I see my watch.

JYK52800

Known Member
22/1/20
California
Yup, tkingjr is right. Patience is key. Especially considering the madness going on now. That said, I've used Sead in the past and I've been very happy with him though he is a man of few words. I recently placed an order with Li at Jtime and I've been very happy with the communication so far though I've yet to receive my watch. You should be safe with any of the TDs though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
Any TD should be good, however as the two posts above mention it won't be very fast especially during these hard times. I personally use InTime and PureTime.

chainsmoker11

2/12/19
North of NYC
I've used Puretime, pre-COVID, and the transaction was generally smooth. I'm looking at a couple more buys right now and they have been quick to reply on my questions. Good luck!

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Any of the TD's will be fine. There are slight differences between each. Some will be more picky and take more time (Sead, Lucy, Mary etc) , others will be less picky and faster (Trusty, Intime, Puretime etc) Other slight differences as well too like how they handle after sale issues etc. Everyone has to decide for themselves. For me and my money I am going with someone that is more picky, but will take a bit more time.

Reactions: tkingjr

KenzoMoDE

31/1/19
How do I get in touch withsead, Lucy or Mary? I'll go with picky since it'll mostly likey take awhile anyway due to covid. Thanks

dlqx48

8/8/17
Another vote for InTime. I've used them twice and never had any problems - they were responsive and professional.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
InTime is my first but JTime is known for quick communication. Take the time and read some recent reviews in each TDs section.

Drvnl

Horology Curious
5/5/20
UK
Hey y'all, been lurking and reading, learning...I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on mark 18 mks v2 with miyota 9015.

Times are crazy these days, so who do you guys recommend I buy from? Someone fast and reliable, willing to pick and choose to find me a good rep?

Thanks fam, stay healthy and safe

I'm in the exact same position! Did you bite the the bullet and go for it?

Dinkis

Supporter
Certified
23/8/15
Michigan, USA
Any TD should be good, however as the two posts above mention it won't be very fast especially during these hard times. I personally use InTime and PureTime.

To be fair my TD was always around (1) week for delivery. Not kidding. Now they are around 10-14 days during pandemic. I think it had to do with the TD and the relationship you’ve developed with them. That’s my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk