• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[QC] IWC Big Pilot - Le Petit Prince from Jtime. I would really appreciate help with quality check.

gma

Horology Curious
20/1/20

After some research, I finally pulled the trigger for the IWC BIG PILOT, LE PETIT PRINCE 5009-16 from ZF factory. I decided to go with Jtime. Three days ago I proceed with the payment and today I received the QC photos !!!
The first thing that caught my eye was the yellowish colour of the 12,3,6 and 9 markers. What do you think?
Secondly, the Little Prince at the back of the watch seems like being a negative of what it's supposed to be compared to the GEN one. I'm not sure maybe it's the lighting...
At some photos looks like there is a strange line coming out of A (AUTOMATIC)...
Do you think I should ask a video to check if the date wheel is well aligned?
Along with the QC photos they send me a Timegrapher test video. How do I check that?
What about the noise level?
Is there anything else I should ask in order to be sure about the quality?
I know a lot... of questions...but it's my first time...
Much appreciated !!!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
This is a fake Chinese watch, it's not a real IWC.

The mark on the crystal is only visible in some pics, look at the position of the hands, it's there later on in the sequence therefore it's most likely a fibre or something.

Noise level ? Don't know what you mean, it's not a supersonic jet so I don't think it will harm your hearing in any way.

As to the other questions - it's a Chinese copy of a Swiss made watch, sold at a fraction of the price, don't expect it to be 100% the same as the genuine watch.

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Dude, Your watch is a perfect example. I know that the first time there are a lot of questions but you’re really good to go. There is nothing wrong with the markers on the dial. Your date wheel is exceptionally good aligned. All Big Pilot Watches suffer from misaligned datewheels. Yours is good. Give it a try

gma

Horology Curious
20/1/20
This is a fake Chinese watch, it's not a real IWC.

The mark on the crystal is only visible in some pics, look at the position of the hands, it's there later on in the sequence therefore it's most likely a fibre or something.

Noise level ? Don't know what you mean, it's not a supersonic jet so I don't think it will harm your hearing in any way.

As to the other questions - it's a Chinese copy of a Swiss made watch, sold at a fraction of the price, don't expect it to be 100% the same as the genuine watch.

I don't know where did you got the impression that I compare a fake watch to a Gen IWC...? I know exactly how much the genuine costs, but I believe you could do much better-helping, someone, who is politely asking for help instead of being sarcastic.
Since it's my first rep I am seeking for advice to help me choose a FAKE watch with the least "faults" as possible.
This is what is all about. I believe I am not the first one asking these kind of questions? Am I?
Anyway thanks for your help.

gma

Horology Curious
20/1/20
Dude, Your watch is a perfect example. I know that the first time there are a lot of questions but you’re really good to go. There is nothing wrong with the markers on the dial. Your date wheel is exceptionally good aligned. All Big Pilot Watches suffer from misaligned datewheels. Yours is good. Give it a try

Thank you very much for your response.
My watch is a perfect example of what? Don't you think there might be other dates that are miss-aligned...? Sorry but I can't stop thinking about those markers. All the other photos I've seen from other watches didn't look so yellow ... I don't know maybe it's me...

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
My watch is a perfect example of what? Don't you think there might be other dates that are miss-aligned...? Sorry but I can't stop thinking about those markers. All the other photos I've seen from other watches didn't look so yellow ... I don't know maybe it's me...

Dude ! Your watch is a perfect example of a ZF big pilot ! The gen also has yellow markers ! Have you seen the gen ?

b6e14fd8638fa557ed8b97736dba9366.jpg

Your TD was so nice to show you already the 1s 10s and 20s dates. No other TD does that off the shelf. All other dates will be aligned the same as the ones in the picture.

You need to examine it in your hands and if not sell it on M2M.

Reactions: TESLA760 and Glaude

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

I don't blame you. Just because one date looks good in the date window doesn't mean they will all look like that. I'd ask for QC pictures for all dates. I think a lot about markers too, and I would hate myself if I paid for a watch with crooked markers. Some TDs will do a decibal meter test in an anechoic chamber. I'd ask for that test so you don't end up with a rattling or noisy rotor. It's a beautiful watch. Good luck.

gma

Horology Curious
20/1/20
Dude ! Your watch is a perfect example of a ZF big pilot ! The gen also has yellow markers ! Have you seen the gen ?

b6e14fd8638fa557ed8b97736dba9366.jpg

Your TD was so nice to show you already the 1s 10s and 20s dates. No other TD does that off the shelf. All other dates will be aligned the same as the ones in the picture.

You need to examine it in your hands and if not sell it on M2M.

Thanks again!
Do you or anyone else knows if the GEN has for a fact yellow markers ...??? All of the photos i have checked, even the ones from the official IWC site, doesn't look yellow...
OhTYb.jpg
Ohl8c.jpg
Ohp7X.jpg
OhP3i.jpg
OhXwp.jpg
Ohdc5.jpg

Last edited:

gma

Horology Curious
20/1/20
I don't blame you. Just because one date looks good in the date window doesn't mean they will all look like that. I'd ask for QC pictures for all dates. I think a lot about markers too, and I would hate myself if I paid for a watch with crooked markers. Some TDs will do a decibal meter test in an anechoic chamber. I'd ask for that test so you don't end up with a rattling or noisy rotor. It's a beautiful watch. Good luck.

Thanks. I will probably ask for QC pictures or video for all dates. I am still confused about the markers though. Everything I've seen online isn't yellow...and nobody seems to know for sure what's the real case !

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Thanks. I will probably ask for QC pictures or video for all dates. I am still confused about the markers though. Everything I've seen online isn't yellow...and nobody seems to know for sure what's the real case !

I think the markers are white and the yellow is due to the lighting, but I would see if they can check the sound for you.

gma

Horology Curious
20/1/20
I will try to clarify the yellow markers issue with them and also ask to check if there might be a noisy rotor... Thanks!

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
I have never heard of a rotor on a ZF Big Pilot that is too loud

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Supersonic jets are loud, jack hammers are loud, that Woodstock concert was apparently pretty loud, don't think watches are loud though.

T.O Watches

Horology Curious
17/2/20
concering your questions:
1. you can always ask for a video to check the details of your goods. based on my experience the date wheel is impossible to be broken when the watch is out of factory but you can always ask for videos to check whatever you want to know.
2. you have to have a timegrapher to check the error. However I would say you dont need to worry about if this store cheats you on the daytime error since watch sellers do not need to do so.
3. Noise is a problem only when the motor is miyota9015. And I think the sound of miyota9015 rotor is not that "noisy".
4. As I said you can ask whatever you want to know if this store are willing to answer. Actually bro, there are really not so many things to worry about.

Last edited:

gma

Horology Curious
20/1/20
concering your questions:
1. you can always ask for a video to check the details of your goods. based on my experience the date wheel is impossible to be broken when the watch is out of factory but you can always ask for videos to check whatever you want to know.
2. you have to have a timegrapher to check the error. However I would say you dont need to worry about if this store cheats you on the daytime error since watch sellers do not need to do so.
3. Noise is a problem only when the motor is miyota9015. And I think the sound of miyota9015 rotor is not that "noisy".
4. As I said you can ask whatever you want to know if this store are willing to answer. Actually bro, there are really not so many things to worry about.

Thank you very much for your time to reply to my questions.
I have already asked for a video to check the date wheel and also my other concern which is the yellowish markers...
They have already sent me a video, probably it's a timegrapher test... Any idea of how it works?
You are right about not to worry that much, but I believe it's only because it's my first!

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Great idea! What a genius guy! How didn't I think of that?
Apparently that justifies your place here!

Thanks glad I could be of help , anytime chap .

I also know how to read timer graph readings , it's the burden of being a genius .

Another genius idea ! Why don't you Google ' how to read timegrapher results ?' My guess amongst the results you will see a number of clear explanations on how to read them . Including one written on the sister site RWG . Check them out you can then decide for yourself ! Bonus you will have learnt something new today .

Last edited:
Reactions: tkingjr