• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Will a 3777 crown the 3717?

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Hi guys,

just hoping someone here has any experience with the 3717 crown, I have lost my crown of my 3717 and was wondering if the 3777 crown would fit? As a replacement. If anyone has any idea please let me know thanks very much in advance

SteveMcQueen1930

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/5/19
You would need the 3777 crown but also the tube. From my experience, it‘s very hard or even impossible to get a seperate tube from a TD. At least, none of the TD I asked would get them separately from the factory.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
You would need the 3777 crown but also the tube. From my experience, it‘s very hard or even impossible to get a seperate tube from a TD. At least, none of the TD I asked would get them separately from the factory.

Ah damn it!... thanks for the info. I can get a gen crown for 3706 3717 but not the tube... hopefully the gen crown fits the rep tube

SteveMcQueen1930

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
9/5/19
Ah damn it!... thanks for the info. I can get a gen crown for 3706 3717 but not the tube... hopefully the gen crown fits the rep tube

Unfortunately I doubt that. Also Chinese threads are always the bottleneck in longevity with tubes / crowns. Finincial worst case would be to get the gen 3717 tube from scotchwatch for 49 Dollars.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Unfortunately I doubt that. Also Chinese threads are always the bottleneck in longevity with tubes / crowns. Finincial worst case would be to get the gen 3717 tube from scotchwatch for 49 Dollars.

Yeah I just checked the gen tube is completely different, internal thread as apposed to the rep with external thread. Unfortunately the rep case has a larger bore so the gen tube will need to be glued in or doweled, welded and re-drilled :(
appreciated the info mate cheers

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Yeah I just checked the gen tube is completely different, internal thread as apposed to the rep with external thread. Unfortunately the rep case has a larger bore so the gen tube will need to be glued in or doweled, welded and re-drilled :(
appreciated the info mate cheers

Correct.
Gen 3717 tube it's not a straight fit as the rep case hole is slightly larger.
You can epoxied or, much better solution, ask someone to mod the case and re-drill the hole.

Reactions: mnkoshka

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Correct.
Gen 3717 tube it's not a straight fit as the rep case hole is slightly larger.
You can epoxied or, much better solution, ask someone to mod the case and re-drill the hole.

Ah that’s fine I’ve machined dowels, welded and re-drilled plenty of cases so probably just go with that option just need the tap size lol... thanks for the info mate :)

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Ah that’s fine I’ve machined dowels, welded and re-drilled plenty of cases so probably just go with that option just need the tap size lol... thanks for the info mate :)

Oh wow!
Epoxy is my only option unfortunately :D

Reactions: mnkoshka