• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Portugieser Chrono Classic ZF or YLF

Decocco

Looking Around
8/12/19
Hi,

did you buy one of the watches? How do you like it?

Thanks

snaildarter

Horology Curious
23/12/19

I purchased the black dial YLF from Puretime. Good experience, though this was my first rep so no expert here. Rotor needed oiling to quiet it down a bit, but I’d expected that. There are a few good threads floating around comparing the ZF and YLF models which do a much better job than I could comparing the two

Patsanchik

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/6/18
Canada
If YLF would just correct the damn 6, then I'd buy every colour combination of this. It's SO good, but that 6 missing the flat edge on top bugs me so much. But I guess people in China have bigger things to worry about right now.

pilotmeister

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/17
I will probably go ahead with zf since i had better luck with them in the past. YLF always seem like a budget zf!

Patsanchik

MULTI ACCOUNT
27/6/18
Canada
In most respects, I like the YLF. For example, I think their sub dials look better than ZF.

T.O Watches

Horology Curious
17/2/20
I would like to say you have to have a very good look on the watch to tell the differences.
First is the fonts on dial. ZF has a thinner font on the printing, YLF is closer to the GEN on the font printing. AGAIN you have to inspect it very carefully to claim that.
ZF is lack of some letterings on motor but YLF have them. certainly it seems not mandated to inscribe on the motor people cannot see, it is still a difference between ZF version and YLF version.
Last, ZF's watchband is harder than the YLF one(YLF's watchband is more expensive).
And ofc ZF version is cheaper than YLF. I would recommend my customer to buy YLF version.

shortlegs

31/5/19
Wait. Are we talking about the Portugeiser chrono, or the Portugeiser chrono classic here?

With regards to the OP post on the chrono classic, comparing the photos with my gen, each has its pros and cons. ZF have better subdials and cannon pinions, but the dial seems too small, too much space between the chapter ring and the rehaut.

YLF has a better dial size, but the show stopper is that the hands are too short.