• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PORTOFINO '150 YEARS' IW356518 V7F VS Gen

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
This look great waiting info , it’s look v7 style..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I cannot wait to see better pictures.
It is a very complex watch to rep accurately, especially the case/bezel.

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Yes, I cannot wait to see better pictures.
It is a very complex watch to rep accurately, especially the case/bezel.

Watch very pricey they using ETA2892 SWISS, 719 $
I’m sure this’s v7 style.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Watch very pricey they using ETA2892 SWISS, 719 $
I’m sure this’s v7 style.

Yes, crazy expensive, hopefully our dealers will ask more reasonable prices.
For >400 USD Should be perfect,flawless and we all know It will be very difficult due to the complexity of the watch.
Date wheel is inaccurate and that's not a good sign (standard ETA font, different from IWC's), everything else cannot be judge at the moment, we need better pictures.

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Yes, crazy expensive, hopefully our dealers will ask more reasonable prices.
For >400 USD Should be perfect,flawless and we all know It will be very difficult due to the complexity of the watch.
Date wheel is inaccurate and that's not a good sign (standard ETA font, different from IWC's), everything else cannot be judge at the moment, we need better pictures.

Let’s waiting comparison..

QuirkyOrc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/12/19
Hi,

I was after a good quality dress watch, that was as close to Gen as possible. After reading lots the info on this site, especially on the Consensual NWBIG list, I decided to order the IWC Portofino 150 years with a white dial.

I ordered through my usual TD, Sead @ Supermirrors, and he did his usual fantastic job of sourcing one and getting it sent over to the UK.

Found there was more info on this site for the Blue dial version, but as I really wanted the white dial, I took the plunge anyway.

The watch seems perfect to my untrained eye. Runs like ahem clockwork ! And the blue hands on the white dial is quite striking too me.

I have attached a few photo's. The sun has just gone down, so not the best, but hopefully give an idea of the watch.

IMG_3272 by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iS6JT6]
IMG_3273 by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iS3WL7]
IMG_3271 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/155980378@N06/

Reactions: keisuke_z

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Hi,

I was after a good quality dress watch, that was as close to Gen as possible. After reading lots the info on this site, especially on the Consensual NWBIG list, I decided to order the IWC Portofino 150 years with a white dial.

I ordered through my usual TD, Sead @ Supermirrors, and he did his usual fantastic job of sourcing one and getting it sent over to the UK.

Found there was more info on this site for the Blue dial version, but as I really wanted the white dial, I took the plunge anyway.

The watch seems perfect to my untrained eye. Runs like ahem clockwork ! And the blue hands on the white dial is quite striking too me.

I have attached a few photo's. The sun has just gone down, so not the best, but hopefully give an idea of the watch.

IMG_3272 by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iS6JT6]
IMG_3273 by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2iS3WL7]
IMG_3271 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/155980378@N06/

What about strap? My eyes hurt me ,look High quality fake croc.

QuirkyOrc

25/12/19
Allegedly, it is supposed to be real crocodile, but I doubt it. I have never seen a real crocodile strap, so can't compare. This is the only thing I was disappointed in. It was a little stiff. I didn't know what to expect, but it doesn't feel like I imagined it would. It looks fine on the wrist, but I would expect that if someone holds it, this would be the tell.

Reactions: Repworld

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Mesh Bracelet out..

Marklar

Horology Curious
16/3/19
What about strap? My eyes hurt me ,look High quality fake croc.

Hey buddy! Sorry to disturb with the quote but I'm really interested in this model.

Being already a few months into wearing it, how's your overall feedback?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Hey buddy! Sorry to disturb with the quote but I'm really interested in this model.

Being already a few months into wearing it, how's your overall feedback?

I order it and cancel it from two months ago , TD can’t collect money, Iwill try another TD next days..

fauxtogo

Supporter
27/1/20
I ordered the blue from Puretime and just got my QC pics. Looks amazing! Can't wait to try it on the wrist...

fauxtogo

Supporter
27/1/20
Have your watch arrived?

Not yet. Approved my whole order a few days ago, but haven't heard about shipping or tracking yet. I'm trying to be patient, but these are my first reps and I'm very excited!

fauxtogo

Supporter
27/1/20
any updates?

Sorry, I forgot about this thread! I'm super happy with the watch. Unless you look extremely closely at stuff like the hand finishing (I mean holding the watch right up to the eye or using a loupe), it seems a perfect rep. The case is clean and well finished and dial printing seems flawless. The strap is a typical (i.e. cheap) leather job, but I immediately swapped it for a strap made with a smooth navy perlon braid. The only shame is that I now have too many blue dress watches and this may not stay in my box forever. I definitely feel it earns the NWBIG label.

onkelaz

Horology Curious
30/5/20
Sorry, I forgot about this thread! I'm super happy with the watch. Unless you look extremely closely at stuff like the hand finishing (I mean holding the watch right up to the eye or using a loupe), it seems a perfect rep. The case is clean and well finished and dial printing seems flawless. The strap is a typical (i.e. cheap) leather job, but I immediately swapped it for a strap made with a smooth navy perlon braid. The only shame is that I now have too many blue dress watches and this may not stay in my box forever. I definitely feel it earns the NWBIG label.

I just bought this exact watch with the white dial and just waiting for it to be shipped! It's going to be my first rep. I also want to buy a leather strap for it while it's being shipped over. Do you know what the measurements for the lugs are? I'm thinking to buy a black croco one from ZicZac, but am a bit clueless as this is my first rep haha