• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PORTOFINO '150 YEARS' IW356518 V7F VS Gen

mindhunter1

Horology Curious
8/12/19
I was about to buy it but I saw a discrepancy. Why does it say it's 39mm on puretime but on IWC website says 40mm??

Babang

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/2/17
Nothing wrong, match Gen every part interchangeable with Gen .

Sent from the RWI App

Still quite confused reading from page 1, so the one in puretime really use Swiss ETA and Gen croco? Or they just wrote it so the price could rise higher??

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Still quite confused reading from page 1, so the one in puretime really use Swiss ETA and Gen croco? Or they just wrote it so the price could rise higher??

It’s not gen croc. You can buy it with Swiss eta tho.

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

Yes pricey one Gen Swiss with croc , cheap seagull movement with calf stamped .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Yes pricey one Gen Swiss with croc , cheap seagull movement with calf stamped .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where do you have the information from that it is genuine crocodile?

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Read using translation https://www.noob2.com/6003.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will check it out as soon as I’m home. I have the rep strap and the gen strap at home tho and to me the rep strap is poor compared to the gen.

also asked Jtime before I bought the watch and he said it’s not gen croc. However I’m not a leather expert. My subjective opinion

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Read using translation https://www.noob2.com/6003.html

Ok I read it. I am not sure if the strap is gen croc. I dont have the watch with me right now, will have it tomorrow, then I can compare to gen strap.

However, what I noticed on the whole homepage is, that the reviews are very "salesy", compare for example this review (https://www.noob2.com/7486.html) to the experts opinion on this piece on RWI. The movement so far is not even engraved but printed and the guy really hypes it. I would think critically before buying a watch based on his review.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
U2wSb.jpg

U2kPi.jpg

rep strap left. In my opinion the gen strap looks a little nicer but the rep strap feels VERY close to gen. Almost the same feeling. I don’t know if it’s genuine crocodile but it’s super soft and looks like croc to me.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
U2wSb.jpg

U2kPi.jpg

rep strap left. In my opinion the gen strap looks a little nicer but the rep strap feels VERY close to gen. Almost the same feeling. I don’t know if it’s genuine crocodile but it’s super soft and looks like croc to me.

Which one cheap movement or pricey?

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Which one cheap movement or pricey?

Pricey. To my understanding the one with gen Swiss eta has the genuine croc strap and the one with the seagull (cheap movement) has a calf strap

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Pricey. To my understanding the one with gen Swiss eta has the genuine croc strap and the one with the seagull (cheap movement) has a calf strap

Ok pricey one it’s mean gen croc , you can feel it your hand , the edge of leather broken after using on my eyes look real skin ..

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Ok pricey one it’s mean gen croc , you can feel it your hand , the edge of leather broken after using on my eyes look real skin ..

Yea. The pricey version is pretty good bang for the buck with gen Swiss eta and gen croc leather.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
In my opinion better to wait mesh bracelet , otherwise go cheap movement and customize crocodile strap by sending strap to strap maker , Iwill go cheap movement..