• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any recommendation of leather strap?(7days portugieser)

ernmeister84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/5/19
Hi, guys.

recently I purchased IWC 7days portugieser in white dial with
blue hands from ZF factory.
I have really surprise the quality of the watch beside
the leather strap.
I reckon the leather strap doesnt look good at all and
ruins whole appearance of the watch.
so, is there anyone can recommend where I can get
a good leather strap?
I prefer black alligator straps if its available.
thanks heaps in advance.

ernmeister84

26/5/19
higginsd
Thank you for your suggestion.
I placed in order and really looking forward it.
Appreciated again. Cheers.

Unknownwatchmaker

Renowned Member
Certified
27/11/15
Boston, MA
Orloff is my go-to. Lovely leather, quick turn around, great fits even with the curved ends.

FWIW, consider contrast with white stitching :)

Unknownwatchmaker

Renowned Member
Certified
27/11/15
Boston, MA
A picture below is just to illustrate the leather and overall quality. Please note that I reused this strap from a different watch (so it is 1 mm to large at the lugs where it is slightly snug), and I restitched it with white (so not as perfect as Orloff's original worl).

I have a similar, albeit darker brown with a slight red tint, on a 5007. It is even better, but do not have a good picture of it readily available for you.

46423827981_3a3d85f3bb_c.jpg

Reactions: WC800729

ernmeister84

26/5/19
Thank you guys for the kindly comments.
i already placed an order through Jacob strap.
cost me about $170 hope that will look good!????

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
This is a $30USD real crocodile strap from a vietnamese strap maker. He was quite popular on here before. I must say for the price it is on par with ones I have paid over $150-$200 for. The croc leather is very very nice quality, soft and very comfortable and the coloring is also awesome.

Matches the watch perfectly.

strap1.jpg

strap2.jpg

strap3.jpg

Last edited:

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
I don't have a problem buying exotic leather, I prefer and like exotic leather for my straps. But I'm only willing to buy from countries where they take good care of the animals and they don't use captured wild animals, only breed, for the leather.

I know in the USA and in Thailand they have farms to breed animals for exotic leather. But Vietnam is on my NoGo-list. Just my 2 cent

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
I don't have a problem buying exotic leather, I prefer and like exotic leather for my straps. But I'm only willing to buy from countries where they take good care of the animals and they don't use captured wild animals, only breed, for the leather.
I know in the USA and in Thailand they have farms to breed animals for exotic leather. But Vietnam is on my NoGo-list. Just my 2 cent
Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I have no idea regarding the farms and how they source their products so I have no idea if their leathers are sourced properly or in a respectable manner. In saying that though I recall watching a documentary that highlighted even LV and Hermes sourcing their leathers from sources that weren't exactly legit.

Domisus

Renowned Member
28/3/18
Austria
This is a $30USD real crocodile strap from a vietnamese strap maker. He was quite popular on here before. I must say for the price it is on par with ones I have paid over $150-$200 for. The croc leather is very very nice quality, soft and very comfortable and the coloring is also awesome.

Matches the watch perfectly.

Is he still in business? If yes, can you pm me his site/name