• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Spitfire 326801

Djmech26

Known Member
Certified
15/1/13
Anyone know if this is going to be repped... I see the bronze version is available.

0d15592103dac6c233fd7f088a523099.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: bigtiddygothgf

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
posted the same thing a while ago but i havent seen any news or talk of it since. really hoping this gets replicated.

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19

Pretty interested in the watch. Does anyone already own one? Did anyone already compare it side by side to the original? The strap seems greener than the original. Are the vintage markings on the dial more flat than the original?

What do you think about the Miyota movement? I would have preferred the A2824

Last edited:

houss1981

15/3/17
To be honest am not an expert in watches nor did compare to an original. I ordered one just because i like the style and it will be my daily wear.
as for the movement miyota is one the most reliable and can be serviced by any watchsmith or id not replaced at low cost

topgun_88

Known Member
1/12/15
To be honest am not an expert in watches nor did compare to an original. I ordered one just because i like the style and it will be my daily wear.
as for the movement miyota is one the most reliable and can be serviced by any watchsmith or id not replaced at low cost

When it will arrive could you please post pics and share your impressions?

Reactions: Ducati_Guy

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
FYI I received the QC pics and I must say, I'm a bit sceptical. The strap looks very green instead of the more brown/olive green of the gen. The lume also seems to be more yellow instead of the beige of the gen. Could it be of the lighting?
Other than that everything looks great.
What do you think?

thumbnail-IMG-5785.jpg

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
FYI I received the QC pics and I must say, I'm a bit sceptical. The strap looks very green instead of the more brown/olive green of the gen. The lume also seems to be more yellow instead of the beige of the gen. Could it be of the lighting?
What do you think?

thumbnail-IMG-5785.jpg

Forget about the strap. It's easy to replace with something better. And if lume is an issue just get it relumed for around 100 bucks and you are good to go.

Reactions: Updog

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
I appreciate the advice. If only they would provide photos of the rep next to the gen to compare. As for now the differences are too glaring to pull the trigger. I hope it’s just the lighting of the camera..

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
A while has passed now. Does anyone know if there is already a version that is more close to the gen? The faux patina was awful with the first version

Updog

18/7/19
Nope and unlikely unless V7F start offering it up.
I gave up waiting and ordered the M+F tribute to Mark

Reactions: Watch-a-say

tomaslc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/20
What do you think?

thumbnail-IMG-5785.jpg

Did you buy it in the end?

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
Well I received the watch a few days ago and I must say it looks stunning! The colors are definitely not as bright as on the qc pics, but more subdued. I didn’t compare it to the og but I asked numerous people on Reddit that posted pics and some of them compared it to the og in an iwc store and they said they didn’t see any difference.
the finishing of the case is stunning! The strap feels like high quality too.

two negative aspects are firstly that the dial is shifted clockwise, but only slightly, maybe a micrometer, just visible if you look very very closely. And secondly the rotor of the Miyota movement is loud, but I don’t care.