• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IW327010 MARK XVIII V7 maker VS Gen

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Has anyone tried brushing the incorrectly polished bezel on the black dial v7f?

I have one on its way and tempted to give it a go but worried I might damage the 2xar when applying protective tape before brushing.

Also, the case back looks correct to me but I'm no IWC expert
IMG-8163-20200819-213430.jpg
IMG-8167-20200819-213438.jpg

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
You will need to remove the crystal first and then brush the bezel. You will also need to brush the bracelet as it should not have polished links either. All the maker has done is put a black dial in the petit prince case and bracelet set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
You will need to remove the crystal first and then brush the bezel. You will also need to brush the bracelet as it should not have polished links either. All the maker has done is put a black dial in the petit prince case and bracelet set.

Don't forget the datewheel!

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Datewheel is fine. It should be black. Font possibly not quite right but would need to see other dates.

Yes, it is quite alright, but also different from the LPP version.

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
Hi guys, is the v7 rep considered to be a super rep? I don't know if I should buy this one or a VSF omega.

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
Just got my V7F, a little disappointed that it doesn’t have the gen blue AR, but otherwise fantastic rep!!

5ff5379e37b326306750024f1326d04a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks nice. Is the wrong Ar a bit tell?

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
Just got my V7F, a little disappointed that it doesn’t have the gen blue AR, but otherwise fantastic rep!!

5ff5379e37b326306750024f1326d04a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks nice. Is the wrong Ar a big tell?

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Looks nice. Is the wrong Ar a big tell?

If you're comparing tells, ask yourself whether if an AR effect that might or might not show in a certain lightning is something that'll bother you more or less than the lume perhaps being slightly off. This together with CG's on the Omega might help you decide.

Or you just purchase 'em both. That's what I'm contemplating at the moment while I'm waiting for my Mark XVIII to show up.

Reactions: Stuessi

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
If you're comparing tells, ask yourself whether if an AR effect that might or might not show in a certain lightning is something that'll bother you more or less than the lume perhaps being slightly off. This together with CG's on the Omega might help you decide.

Or you just purchase 'em both. That's what I'm contemplating at the moment while I'm waiting for my Mark XVIII to show up.
Thanks for the advice, I would have bought the v7 iwc already if they would sell it with Asian Eta. Unfortunately it seems as this model is only sold with Swiss eta, which is too expensive I think.

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Thanks for the advice, I would have bought the v7 iwc already if they would sell it with Asian Eta. Unfortunately it seems as this model is only sold with Swiss eta, which is too expensive I think.

Oh, but it does come with Asian clone. Reach out to your TD and ask for it. I, myself talked to Lucy (truetime168) and I'm awaiting this exact piece at this moment. I think it goes for 328 with leather strap and 50 bucks more with ss bracelet.

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
Oh, but it does come with Asian clone. Reach out to your TD and ask for it. I, myself talked to Lucy (truetime168) and I'm awaiting this exact piece at this moment. I think it goes for 328 with leather strap and 50 bucks more with ss bracelet.
OK thanks, I already asked Sead but will ask again now..

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
OK thanks, I already asked Sead but will ask again now..

Okay. If there's any issues just visit the TD section and look for truetime168. I'm very impressed with Lucy and the keen eye for quality put into the work.
gZvS3.jpg

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
Okay. If there's any issues just visit the TD section and look for truetime168. I'm very impressed with Lucy and the keen eye for quality put into the work.
gZvS3.jpg

Sead has now confirmed that also the ETA clone is available. Did you buy the blue or black dial version? Do you know which one is closer to gen and whether the bracelet is any good? :) I probably will buy the blue on bracelet.

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Sead has now confirmed that also the ETA clone is available. Did you buy the blue or black dial version? Do you know which one is closer to gen and whether the bracelet is any good? :) I probably will buy the blue on bracelet.

I went with the black dial, as I initially wanted the DW matching the dial. Although the back dial is well made and apparently very gen-like in appearance, I believe the blue dial would be closer to gen OOTB purchased on bracelet. The bracelet included with both color choices is LPP Version that comes with IW327016 blue dial, hence a correct match for the Blue dial. The bezel is polished on both versions, meaning you’d have to brush it to match gen if you’d go with black dial.

Reactions: Stuessi

Stuessi

Renowned Member
9/6/16
I went with the black dial, as I initially wanted the DW matching the dial. Although the back dial is well made and apparently very gen-like in appearance, I believe the blue dial would be closer to gen OOTB purchased on bracelet. The bracelet included with both color choices is LPP Version that comes with IW327016 blue dial, hence a correct match for the Blue dial. The bezel is polished on both versions, meaning you’d have to brush it to match gen if you’d go with black dial.
OK that's a good observation, thank you. I will order the blue dial. Show us some pictures of the black dial version once you have received it or approved Qc :)

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
So I received the watch at last.

First impression is very positive and the finish and feel of the watch is great. The smooth as silk brushing, mirror sharp polishing and precisely executed case all witness of true craftmanship. Winds and runs neat as well.

The lugs are smooth and there's no sharp edges. The edges of the lugs base have been cut slightly angled, which helps prevent just this. Bezel is polished and the domed crystal sits a fraction of a millimeter above the bezels top rim, all in order. As previously mentioned, even the black dial with black dw has this polished bezel, which is a nice details if you'd ask me. However not gen-spec.

Datewheel is centered, printing is crisp and the window has this recessed inner box cut with no imperfections. Crown is improved and beveled on the inside where the crown meets the tube, which is also an improvement from the first page comparison. The details of the crown are very fine and correct, but I'd have to take some macros to really be able to tell. Hands are fine and sharp, but the lume's kind of "meh".

The bracelet however, does not really convince me... although fine brushing and polishing as well as having smooth rounded edges, did not live up to the fine quality of watch head itself. The resizing buttons on the outer links easily gets stuck in depressed state, even though I gave the bracelet a good soak in dry lube. The fine adjustment feature does run smooth though.

All considered, I very much recommend others to go for it. I'd still get it on bracelet despite the minor shortcomings.

Z36GF5.md.jpg

Z3602F.md.jpg

Z3nRNJ.md.jpg

Z3nE5k.md.jpg

museguy

19/10/12
Hi All,
I have ordered the V7 Mark XVIII with a black dial and Asian 2892.

Any recommendations for a person to brush the bezel and the center links of the bracelet ?

I am excited to get the watch, it is a watch that I have wanted since I was a kid.

Thank you,

Cheers

mister_mayhem

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/9/21
Hi,
I bought the Le Petit Prince version on a bracelet (selita version).
I'm very happy with the watch! The building quality is very good.
The bracelet is very comfortable (I had a small issue with the resing mechanism, as mention earlier in the tread). The micro adjusting system is working perfectly!
Overall I'm more than happy with the watch.
Checked the genuine one in the AD and cannot spot any differences...

Have a great 2022, watch enthusiasts! :)