• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

IW327010 MARK XVIII V7 maker VS Gen

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Sorry for the intrusion here! Noob here.

For a first rep watch, would the MKF V2 be a wise choice? Or just bite the bullet with the M+F or V7F?

V7 better , go with v7 my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: museguy

Red Mamba

Supporter
Certified
6/4/18
Italy
They solved the problem with black dial?

I read about incorrect caseback

I prefer black version but if blue is more accurate i could change

onewatch2018

Renowned Member
19/4/18
V7
eda58cf262be2c66f36f47b935c63fdc.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stuessi

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
I found these pics in a thread from last May.

It seems the V7 version was updated with a second batch last May. But I don’t find it in TD websites.

Ive seen it in TSWATCH website, but it’s not a TD here:

https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=26081

There are 2 movement options. With A2892 it has a good price ($328). With Swiss ETA is very expensive.

It looks very nice, but the 12, 3, 6, 9 markers (by the pics) are not 3D like Gen.

In my opinion, M+F version is very nice too, but more expensive.

Cheers

Does anybody know where to find the V7 with the A2892?

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
I've ordered one of the V7F Maker, but I wanted to order a deployant clasp to it.

Which size of clasp would be fit for this watch if I wanted the portofino clasp look? I don't seem to be able to find out which IWC watches that have a compatible strap width.

This is the clasp I'm looking for.

iwc-portuguese-chronograph-yacht-club-steel-folding-clasp-iwa46678.jpg

Manolonio

Horology Curious
19/7/20
Hi guys,

Im trying to decide which Mark XVIII Black dial Black Date to get and Im considering between the 600$ V7 Swiss and the 428$ M+F A2892

V7 Swiss: https://puretimewatch.io/mark-xviii...-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-swiss-eta2892.html

The main attractive of this Rep for me is the Swiss movement. Reliable and more accurate, can add many years to the life of the watch. It comes with a SS strap. The details are fantastic apart from the fact that the back plate is from a different Mark XVIII, the ANTOINE DE SAINT EXUPÉRY.

M+F A2892: https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30_191&products_id=19929

The main attractive for me is that they got the right back plate, although a bit rough compared to the finishing of the V7s (wrong) back plate. The details are also great but it does not have a Swiss movement in it. Comes with the black and orange leather strap -which I personally prefer- and an extra NATO strap.

If there is any other Mark XVIII with a Swiss movement and the right backplate out there I would love to know about it.

Thanks!

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Hi guys,

Im trying to decide which Mark XVIII Black dial Black Date to get and Im considering between the 600$ V7 Swiss and the 428$ M+F A2892

V7 Swiss: https://puretimewatch.io/mark-xviii...-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-swiss-eta2892.html

The main attractive of this Rep for me is the Swiss movement. Reliable and more accurate, can add many years to the life of the watch. It comes with a SS strap. The details are fantastic apart from the fact that the back plate is from a different Mark XVIII, the ANTOINE DE SAINT EXUPÉRY.

M+F A2892: https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=30_191&products_id=19929

The main attractive for me is that they got the right back plate, although a bit rough compared to the finishing of the V7s (wrong) back plate. The details are also great but it does not have a Swiss movement in it. Comes with the black and orange leather strap -which I personally prefer- and an extra NATO strap.

If there is any other Mark XVIII with a Swiss movement and the right backplate out there I would love to know about it.

Thanks!

If you take a look at the comments in previous pages, I believe it's been established that the casebacks presented on some TD's sites might be misrepresenting compared to the V7F model. Also,
lfarcos shared some pictures of the V7F which also proves this point back on page 2. See below picture, also found on page 2, re-posted from aforementioned.

7a7b1c9543c75f82554a7d0b6356b112.jpg

Manolonio

Horology Curious
19/7/20
If you take a look at the comments in previous pages, I believe it's been established that the casebacks presented on some TD's sites might be misrepresenting compared to the V7F model. Also,
lfarcos shared some pictures of the V7F which also proves this point back on page 2. See below picture, also found on page 2, re-posted from aforementioned.

Yes, I saw that post back in the day... I searched every TD Website looking for the version you are mentioning and did not find it. Not even in TSwatch, which is the site mentioned on that post (is also mentioned TSWatch is not a TD here)

I would really appreciate if you could send me a link to that version from a TD.

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Yes, I saw that post back in the day... I searched every TD Website looking for the version you are mentioning and did not find it. Not even in TSwatch, which is the site mentioned on that post (is also mentioned TSWatch is not a TD here)

I would really appreciate if you could send me a link to that version from a TD.

You could check the blue dial version, seems like they had that gen version to work with. I'm not sure which TD, and I'm on my phone so I'm a bit limited atm.

What I can do is to share a qc picture with you of the caseback of the V7, once I receive it. Should be any day that I receive the pictures, but I cannot say for sure.

Or else you could try email any of the TD's if you won't get any feedback from an RWI member that already has one of these in their possession.

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20

Check this one out, here's the v7 black dial with correct caseback.

https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=26081

Manolonio

Horology Curious
19/7/20
Check this one out, here's the v7 black dial with correct caseback.
Thanks for this link!

Im going to consult with my TD about it and I might go with the Little Prince one if the Black edition is no bueno.

Thanks!