• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZZF release IWC Aquatimer IW376702?

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
My Aquatimer is the version with the A2892-2 movement. Not ever having the gen for a comparison, my biggest complaint about the replica is the pronounced lens effect of the crystal. It optically distorts the edges of the dial much more than I would like or consider as a nice effect. It also concentrates light into the dial, making it light up at certain angles as if it was a Timex Indi-glo dial.
Worth mentioning, in comparison to @Vric's review, the bezel of my piece is not loose at all. Again, never seen the gen, but I believe I know what a loose bezel is. Maybe IWSF and ZZF have different construction and differ slightly in details.

The gen has the same effect. Since it's a 2000m diver, it has a very tick crystal which does that effect. It's actually something I love about this model.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
I already asked intime through email and its not available.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Intime just got back on track and seem to have some stock issue. I also asked him about a watch that was released less than 1 month ago on other TD and he said not available.

Will give him more time...

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I will share iwsf vs Gen Side By Side...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pippo

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Like I said, I don't have the gen anymore. But I tried to take similar picture as a comparaison: (open pictures in other tab for bigger vestion)
Gen on the Left!

aquarepgen1.jpg
aquarepgen2.jpg
aquarepgen3.jpg
aquarepgen4.jpg

My impressions:

The rep is overall good. The fit and finish is far from the gen, but the feel is quite similar (by memory)
  • Bezel is super loose. I did put a bit of dental floss under the bezel (hard since the seam is very narrow) and it helped with the play. The clic is still WAY behind gen tough.
  • The AR has the correct Blue hue, but it seems a bit less effective. Maybe it's the thickness of the crystal ort the AR, but there's a very small difference with day to day use.
  • Lume is as good as gen, but doesn't last as long
  • The strap is quite close to gen from memory. Gen has a stiff rubber strap, which this one seem to be identical.
  • Strap quick release is finicky. But gen one wasn't flawless either.
  • Finish on the case is not the same quality. The brushing is far from gen quality.
  • The concave part of the side bezel is brushed, while the gen is polished (why making the effort of doign this?!) The rep also has sharper edge than gen.
  • I didn't opened the watch yet, but the rotor of the movement is dead quiet. Not like usual Miyota
That's about it. I'm happy with it, but if you are super anal with rep, you won't be happy with this 95% rep.

Wait for ZZF vs Gen !

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I’m waiting full comparison ZZF vs Gen , I shared iwsf ..

Can you put it as a regular forum post? I cant read that tapa link you posted above on mobile.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Can you put it as a regular forum post? I cant read that tapa link you posted above on mobile.

Sorry no idea, copy it and put it in google you will find it ..

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Sorry no idea, copy it and put it in google you will find it ..

No, link won’t work on ios safari or chrome. I can’t use tapa as i use my phone for work and its a security risk.