• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF new bronze IW387902 chronograph

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
Is the movement functional as per gen? If the answer is positive and the picture posted by the op is of the actual replica, then hats off to ZF and I will be a happy buyer! It looks suspicious though that the day and date wheels are not even a bit sunken, as they would necessarily be in this modified A7750. Hopes are high, though!

Have no idea about the 12 and 9 clock function, other functions will be same as genuine. The pic is sent by ZF, looking forward to the real watch on wrist :)

Reactions: Cap-IT

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
Confirmed: ZF will make new dial, remove the 'SPITFIRE' both on bronze and steel models, then release...need to wait more time... :( and the movement will use modified 7750 movement, 12 o'clock sub seconds, different from genuine, because the 7750 movement can't be mod to match genuine function :(

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
No way if they don't rep the movement correct.

For all guys with "stronger" arms: I tried this watch as gen at a presentation. It wears very small. If you can wear a BP and it is looking perfect at your arm, this watch may look like a kids watch.

Although the bronce version is fantastic. But the best is the running second @6 and if they don't rep this feature it's a NoGo for me.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Desmond20052000

21/3/17
The version with red wording was the pre-SIHH 2019 version (which were the preview one, not the one they are selling on retail stores)
The retail ones do not have red wording.

They have showcased the watch around the boutique back in March, I've personally tried it on myself. So that pic could have been gen, just not the retail version.

Last edited:

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
No way if they don't rep the movement correct.

For all guys with "stronger" arms: I tried this watch as gen at a presentation. It wears very small. If you can wear a BP and it is looking perfect at your arm, this watch may look like a kids watch.

Although the bronce version is fantastic. But the best is the running second @6 and if they don't rep this feature it's a NoGo for me.

The 7750 movement can be modified to match the function, but will be 1~2 mm thicker, the watch will be very thick. The whole watch outside looking is much important than function.

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
The 7750 movement can be modified to match the function, but will be 1~2 mm thicker, the watch will be very thick. The whole watch outside looking is much important than function.

To each his own. I would rather have a slightly thicker watch with correct functions. Wrong or incorrect functions, as well as the printed text on the dial, are conspicuous inaccuracies; a slightly thicker case can easily be disguised. Fake functions are for fake watches, and I hate a fake watch! LOL

I WAS very excited about this new release...

pwo

12/6/17
OMAN
Not same running second at 6 then there is no go for me either as many of my friends outthere.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: higginsd

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Damn, I was really hoping ZF could push this to super rep status....kind of a bummer.

amplitude

Known Member
4/12/06
They will release the IW387901 same time
10635434_zoom_v1552076323506.jpg

This I like

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12

Not my way. They should definitely build their own movement with running sec@6. They can use it for other watches also.

The factories were able to build a flying tourbillon and a nearly perfect rep of the IWC 50xxx movement series with power reserve function. It's not a big deal to build a chrono movement with running sec@6.

Reactions: pretender

pwo

12/6/17
OMAN
This next generation of inhouse IWC movement using running seconds at "6"

They can build whatever faux watches as they want. We just cant accept this like fools watch.

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Beautiful rep, but sec@9 kills it for me. Rather save up for gen...

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Look like ZF use gen picture first to lie US, and think we are dump or something...lol

pwo

12/6/17
OMAN
Just saw new release of this watch on puretime. Looks like ZF.

But Stupid release seconds at 9 oclock..

I am not buying this.
Thanks

Reactions: kennygconspiracy